Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

LG Optimus 2X Android With Tegra 2 Processor

^

u know somebody or the other hits the sweet spot now and then; first it was htc which made us taste android at its best with the nexus-one; then came samsung with revolutionary hardware and s-amoled screens and super fast graphics and trublue nexus-s with 2.3; now comes motorola with a new twist of unbelievable addon accessories bundle; and hats off to lg to be amongst the first to give us a dual core processor on a phone; so its a cyclical thing; more the competition, more the merrier.... lets not get bogged down at one manufacturer...

Edited by dkaile

well processor race will never end.. but daily use need more features and accessories out-of-the-box thinking like moto.. No doubt HTC and Samsung will some up with similar things in future... but whole idea is being first-ever to do is what matters most. IMHO.

LG Optimus 2X comes out on top of the Motorola ATRIX 4G in benchmarks

We don't know if this is due to the fact that the retail Motorola ATRIX 4G doesn't have its Full HD 1080p video capabilities unlocked yet, but the LG Optimus 2X seems to come on top judging from several benchmark tests, including ours, especially in the graphics department, although both phones run the NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core chipset.

Moto said that a firmware update will come further down the road that will unlock Full HD 1080p video recording and HDMI playback for the Motorola ATRIX 4G, which our review showed it is not able to do now. Rumors pegged the reason to be power-management issues Motorola had with the Tegra 2 chipset, not only on the ATRIX 4G, but also on the DROID BIONIC, so it is probably ironing it out with NVIDIA. This is the companies' first effort with a dual-core chipset, so we can cut them some slack, but still LG has nailed it from the first try, and it shows in the benchmark results.

The Test Lineup

benchmark-lineup-b.jpg

In the graphics department the LG Optimus 2X clearly comes on top both in older and newer benchmark tests:

tegra-2-egypt.jpg

tegra-2-pro.jpg

tegra-2-nenamark1.jpg

tegra-2-neocore-new.jpg

As for productivity and browser performance, the LG Optimus 2X and the Motorola ATRIX 4G have a negligible difference from one another, which is again a bit odd since the ATRIX 4G has double the RAM at 1GB vs the 512MB on the Optimus 2X. It is worth noting, however, that both dual-core phones are roughly three times ahead of the single core chipsets in these browser and general productivity measurements.

tegra-2-linpack.jpg

tegra-2-smartbench-games.jpg

tegra-2-smartbench-prod.jpg

tegra-2-sunspider.jpg

Whatever causes Motorola's problems figuring out the performance of the Tegra 2 chipset on it handsets, hopefully the promised firmware update will remedy that. Granted, the ATRIX 4G has a screen with larger 540x960 resolution to fill in with pixels than the 480x800 resolution on the LG Optimus 2X, but it also has twice the RAM, so what gives, Moto?

Source: phoneArena androidandme

LG launches Optimus 2X, Optimus Black in India

LG today announced the launch of world’s first dual core Android phone Optimus 2X and first phone with NOVA display Optimus Black in India. LG Optimus 2X will be available soon at all retail outlets at a price of INR 30,000, while LG Optimus Black will be sold for INR 27,000.

lg-optimus-2x-1.jpg

India has become one of the few countries to get Optimus 2X so early. LG Optimus 2X features 1 GHz Dual Core nVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor, Android 2.2, 4 inch TFT display, 8 MP camera, 512 MB RAM, 8GB internal storage & Expandable external storage of upto 32GB.

Coming to LG Optimus Black, it features Android 2.2, 4-inch NOVA display, 5MP rear camera, 2 MP front facing camera, Wi-Fi direct, and 1500 mAh battery.

lg-optimus-black.jpg

“Smart phones have marked the beginning of a new era and undoubtedly 2011 will be the year of smart phones in India. India market is already witnessing a huge demand for these futuristic devices and this demand will tremendously grow in coming years,” said Mr. Vishal Chopra, Business Head, Mobile Communication, LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd.

Source: http://androidos.in/2011/04/lg-launches-optimus-2x-optimus-black-in-india/

Agressive Pricing by LG For a Dual Core Tegra 2 Phone and this is Just MRP... So Street Price May Be Even Lower... Fantastic... Samsungs and HTC's of the World will have to React..

Very competitive price considering N E7 is priced similar/more than this. Problem with LG is their marketing, somehow Samsung is more smart in creating an upmarket feel for their products which is very important for a buyer when paying 30K.

Amazing phone with amazing features. Its a dream phone to own for me!!!!!!!

But the price of the phone, I would not mind it to remain a "dream phone" for some more time until there is a steep downward revision in the prices :)

The major attraction of the LG Optimus Black is the newly introduced Nova mobile display. LG claims that display is the brightest display in the world with up-to 700 cd/m2. That figure looks great when compared with 500 cd/m2 Retina display and 300 cd/m2 AMOLED display. The Nova display also provides up-to 50% more battery life than the traditional smartphones using LCD panels.

World's First Dual Core Beast LG Optimus 2x Now Available in India... At a Very Good Price..

Rs 25,990 Flipkart http://www.flipkart....?affid=INGaurav

Rs 24,990 Letsbuy (After rcomlb1 discount code) http://www.letsbuy.c...us-p990-p-16928

^

at 25k, I think this is the best price for the best phone specs as on date... If I was in gsm, I would have gone for it immediately.

Wow, that's really a good price for a dual core phone.

My wife wants to buy Samsung Galaxy S (gsm). Is this better in every way than that ?

Also, does it have gorilla glass ?

^

Its better than Galaxy S and it has Gorrilla Glass

• Like 1

LG Optimus 2X is so bad users have created an online petition

Richard Goodwin

knowyourmobile.com

I checked it out at a mobile store. The sale price was 25990 after 1000 cashback. I was deciding between a HTC Desire S, Incredible S and this one for an IVR system demo. The speakers of the Optimus 2X are of poor quality. My HTC Imagio was far better in terms of sound quality.

Got it! Could not resist the price, 25.5k, from my friendly neighbor hood importer, with bill! Super build quality!

Got it! Could not resist the price, 25.5k, from my friendly neighbor hood importer, with bill! Super build quality!

hi, congratulations on your new handset, could you please post your review on this and how would you compare this a better buy to SGS 2 and Nexus 2.2.

Thankyou.

hi, congratulations on your new handset, could you please post your review on this and how would you compare this a better buy to SGS 2 and Nexus 2.2.

Thankyou.

SGS2 is good, will pick up for my son as soon as it launches. Evo 3d too late launch. Nexus S is dead in water: single core, no SD card slot.

For starters, see:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1104641

See my post #289:

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/138304-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-10.html

#71:

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/138930-lg-optimus-2x-dual-core-processor-smart-phone-launched-india-3.html#post1403399

#33:

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/140995-purchase-higher-end-android-based-mobiles-2.html#post1406032

I will list down my reasons for buying, and my experience so far. I may not be as cogent as Rajanmehta or as lucid as Dkaile, but will try to be coherent at least!

I had a Nexus One and was pretty pleased with its Gingerbread update performance. The only bugbear was the crippled multitouch: bad implementation or too immature prototype.

When dual core came in , I was pretty excited but all the launches had bugs: lg 2x, moto atrix, sgs2.

What attracted me to LG was the heavy discount. I figured that I could live with the bugs by:

1.Getting a good piece without reboot problem!

2.Avoiding sd card use!!

3.Risking warranty by rooting and flashing custom roms!!!

After purchasing, I

1.Loaded the phone with apps. No problem.

2.Inserted 8gb sd card. No problems.

3.Loaded Tegra Zone games.

Crash! Reboot! Heat up! Battery flat in a few minutes. Battery needed to be removed all the time to reboot!

I started fix by simple means.

1.I removed the sd card. No more problems! Yet!

Next will try root, and freeze CarHome app as recommended by Modaco website.

Last will flash Modaco rom. Would prefer to use LG Gingerbread promised update OTA...

Pros

The phone is great! Build quality is excellent. The operations are snappy. HDMI mirroring better implemented than SGS2. Games better supported than SGS2.

Cons

I miss my trackball: copy and paste is difficult with Froyo's lack of “tab/indent” icons and 2x lack of trackball/joystick/dpad. There is a good “tap on phone side to move cursor sideways” feature, but it is limited when compared to Nexusone with 2.3.3.

...to be contd.

Edited by angeleyes

Just dropped by my supplier to check what price he will give me for the sgs2. He is willing to swap another 2x or sgs2 for my phone. Pretty much the same experience:

I'm from "south" Asia. I gave my phone to LG service center here in India to get the DOA certificate from them with which I can swap my O2X with SGS2 from the online seller here once released(may be next week)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1041546&page=13

If I swap, I will face lower res, yellow screen, weak gps, dropped wifi issues, higher price. More important I will lose Tegra Games, which I am getting addicted to:

Dungeon Defenders and Totracer are free and Galaxies of Fire is paid. Youtube video shows Tegra and non Tegra versions: big differences.

Wonder if I can play quad core games:

Not worth swapping! The latest reboot statistics are quite encouraging:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1097850

Screen is super, supports all synaptics features, including 2finger rotate in Google Maps. Switched to Dolphin Browser HD and getting Gingerbread-like cut and paste.

Just read a review about sgs2 which was bought based on "best smartphone available today" claims:

I read those reviews and bought the phone for my wife. Bad idea. Should have waited and read on XDA first. Reviewers have only played a bit with a phone. Also they have been sent phones by Samsung that have been thoroughly QC:d. Here are some of the issues:

Battery life s**ks. It cannot compare to the iPhone 4. And if you're "lucky" it s**ks big time due to a bug that a lot of users have.

Battery life when using wifi s**ks. And if you're "lucky" you have one of a few (but very popular) routers that really make it ****.

There is a pink dot when shooting pictures against a white background.

Quite a few units have faulty displays with a yellow tint.

Some units, including mine, go nuts when connected to wifi and restart/crash/freeze a few times per day. I'm having mine exchanged right now to see if it helps.

One more thing. I was stupid enough to buy it off of reviews since wifey's phone died. The reviews said "it's the best screen ever in a cell phone". If you talk about colors and contrast, yes. It puts my iPhone 4 to shame. But the resolution is downright disgraceful. That buttons become big and so on is just a + for wifey. But reading text on the display is horrible. It's all jagged no matter how you zoom. Look before you buy. Also, if you have a Mac you can't update the firmware.

Edited by angeleyes

Also see the HDMI mirroring implementation:

^

Anton, you have a good phone; enjoy; no buyer's remorse needed...

^

Thanks! am enjoying it!

guys, i am seeing few adds from reliance as well as from LG india for their optimus 2x along with available with reliance 3G symbol,it it locked with reliance gsm?

@Anton

You still using Optimus 2X? Worth buying? Are those re-booting, battery dying, lock ups issues mentioned by some users in online forums constant occurences or just over reactions from random isolated events?

What's your take as an actual user?

Hi Rajan, I'm very happy with the phone. It served me very well in Malaysia for browsing and GPS (the taxi drivers don't use the correct routes, but when they see my gps, they behave! :hypocrite: ).

The recent updates (done on my unrooted phone by LG Bangalore) have solved the reboot, overheating, freeze and low battery life problem (v10e baseband). IMHO, this phone is the only phone for people who want great gaming: think optimised Tegra Zone Games. Read the latest thinkdigit forum post on lgo2x buy advice:

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/146011-should-i-buy-optimus-2x.html#post1489539

PS Poor Thrill 4g buyers. Engadget has just announced lg's plans for LG O3d2: slimmest, lightest 3d phone in 2012!

PPS Your dealsguru thread rawks! Excellent tech knowledge on your part, sir!

Edited by angeleyes
  • Like 1