Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rohitgaur

Scammed by Hotel Life Ludhiana

Marketing Fraud HOTEL LIFE LUDHIANA

http://www.lifehotels.in/

Dear Friends

I have been scammed. for 7000 Rupees, Over the Phone........Yeah , I know this sounds stupid, me being in the finance Industry etc etc....

I got a call from a Delhi Number, offering some package for Hotel Life Ludhiana ( A 5 Star Property) , where I am a regular visitor. I called up the Hotel on their regular number and the

recpetion confirmed that the package is correct. I gave the credit card details on the phone to the Caller from Delhi and they transacted 6999/- from my card. After 4-5 days

when I did not recieve the said coupons , I called the number from Delhi , there was no repsonse. I called hotel Life ,They said that they would get back to me. Again After 2 days, when I called the

Hotel People again Today, They Gave me the Number of MR Antony , who was quite rude saying that even if the Hotel had confirmed verbally , I had nothing in written and the whole thing is a fraud.

I called up my bank and blocked the card immedieately, but how do I get the money Back....

The Hotel calls can be confirmed that on the day of transaction , I called the Hotel at the same time I had the call from Delhi and I can get the phone records for them

Can Some one Advise and Support :'(

ALSO ALL BEWARE OF SUCH SCAMS.......

Ask your credit card company to reverse the charges. Email them also. They usually do it.

If they don't then you can proceed to next step of telling them its a fraud being perpetrated and you'll be filing police complaint etc and so they should reverse the charges.

Since there'll be record of hotel deducting the charges but no proof of any service/product being provided you should be on a strong wicket. Offcourse it takes ages in India to rectify and fight for such things so best bet is to convince credit card company to reverse the charges.

Since credit card company never has to bear the losses (they'll just deduct it from the merchant/hotel's account) they usually don't have problem in reversing charges and the seller has to prove his case why he should pay.

Edited by ami1

you can send dispute form to yours credit card company for reversing the entry....

just check yours statment and see money debited to hotel life account or any individual person account,may be it can help you to get something from Hotel Life

Dear Friends

I have been scammed. for 7000 Rupees, Over the Phone........Yeah , I know this sounds stupid, me being in the finance Industry etc etc....

I got a call from a Delhi Number, offering some package for Hotel Life Ludhiana ( A 5 Star Property) , where I am a regular visitor. I called up the Hotel on their regular number and the

recpetion confirmed that the package is correct. I gave the credit card details on the phone to the Caller from Delhi and they transacted 6999/- from my card. After 4-5 days

when I did not recieve the said coupons , I called the number from Delhi , there was no repsonse. I called hotel Life ,They said that they would get back to me. Again After 2 days, when I called the

Hotel People again Today, They Gave me the Number of MR Antony , who was quite rude saying that even if the Hotel had confirmed verbally , I had nothing in written and the whole thing is a fraud.

I called up my bank and blocked the card immedieately, but how do I get the money Back....

The Hotel calls can be confirmed that on the day of transaction , I called the Hotel at the same time I had the call from Delhi and I can get the phone records for them

Hi Rohit,

Are you sure the money has been deducted to the Hotel itself. Go to phone banking and check with the CC exec about the merchant name to which the money has been credited. Personaly I dont think a reputed hotel will try to plan a scam like this. So first verify the merchant name. If it is to the hotel itself then you have all the legal rights to file a case against them.

Again another possibility,The merchant name is correct but somebody else has made you pay for their stay at the hotel by duping you, if that is the case its lil difficult to get the charges reversed and you need to be in the mercy of the Credit card company. Check the merchant account code also, even if the name of the merchant is same as there are possibilities of similarities in the name of hotels. Verify the caller details (delhi caller) and see from where the call originated. Not that easy but just try.

All the best.

Dear Friends

Hi Rohit,

Are you sure the money has been deducted to the Hotel itself. Go to phone banking and check with the CC exec about the merchant name to which the money has been credited. Personaly I dont think a reputed hotel will try to plan a scam like this. So first verify the merchant name. If it is to the hotel itself then you have all the legal rights to file a case against them.

Again another possibility,The merchant name is correct but somebody else has made you pay for their stay at the hotel by duping you, if that is the case its lil difficult to get the charges reversed and you need to be in the mercy of the Credit card company. Check the merchant account code also, even if the name of the merchant is same as there are possibilities of similarities in the name of hotels. Verify the caller details (delhi caller) and see from where the call originated. Not that easy but just try.

All the best.

Dear friend

You just write a letter detailing all the facts, to the hotel, credit card company and request them to reverse the amount and also request you all the details from the credit card company about the name and address of the merchant establishment and keep the details with you. Later on if the funds are not reversed you just file a complaint in your local District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum claiming the amount and also damages for the mental agony suffered by you. You need not engage an advocate, you yourself can file and submit your case and the Forum will give you the judgement and it's implementation is also easy. In filing the case and in arguing the case by yourself, I can provide you help always.

Regards

Babulu

Just call credit card company.... stop doing time pass. Get it transfered to Legal dept or fraud dept or disputed charges dept - wtever they may call it. its all same. the rep over there might be well versed with procedure on how to go forward. Usually you have to give in writing why you dispute the charge & based on yr complaint they are bound to act. Visa & mastercard agreement with Banks issuing the card gives the Consumer 30 days from statement to dispute the claim.

It takes few days for reversal. usually 7-10 days. But it gets done.

"Greed is good" said Gordon Gekko as immortal lines in Wall Street. That was 1980's.

Hope everyone seen the 2nd Part "Wall Street Never Sleeps" for a much mellower, reformed Gordon Gekko.

Right Rohit!! The Finance Guy!! :Riendo: