Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prasanna.Kesti

Android Market not working on my HTC EVO

I am not able to open Android market in my HTC EVO.

I can open other websites in my HTC EVO.

When I try to connect Andriod market using my Gmail used id & password,it shows the error as below,

"Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server.

This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.If it continues,call customer care".

donno how many times its been repeated - go to settings - apps - display all apps and clear cache/data of that particular app giving you problem...

^^

There is a problem with a certain software build of froyo that doesnt allow market to work....post your software info..

meanwhile you can try an app called "appbrain" which is js a replacement for market in imo 10 times better than native market app :)

I am also having the same problem on my HTC Evo after update to foryo 2.2. My error is

"Attention"

A server error has occured.

Retry, or cancel and return to

the previous screen.

Retry Cancel

Please help.

^^

There is a problem with a certain software build of froyo that doesnt allow market to work....post your software info..

meanwhile you can try an app called "appbrain" which is js a replacement for market in imo 10 times better than native market app :)

Software Info

Android Version:2.2

Baseband Version :2.15.00.07.28

Kernel Version:2.6.32.25-netarchy-toastmod-4.2.1-cfs-bfq-nohavs-smartass

Build Number:3.30.651.3 CL272076 release-keys

Software Number:Azrael X by Rick Simon

Browser Version:Webkit 3.1

PRI version :1.71_003

PRL Version:00001

^^ First do this...go to manage applications and clear data of all google related apps...as suggested above.

then go to accounts and settings and sync your account again...

try if these two work...or else hard reset will definately work...but i think thats the last thing u would want.

let us know the results.

[Mods sorry for double post]

Also..make sure that background data and auto sync are enabled....might help...no harm in trying...and one way u can register yr gmail acc is by the youtube app...sign in frm ur gmail account on the youtube app :) Hope it helps :)

guys having problem with market also mention below information

1) rom (official / custom) , ver of rom

2) base band

3) operator (tata, rim etc)

4) esn or meid base

5) exact error on opening market

• Like 1

I am not able to open Android market in my HTC EVO.

I can open other websites in my HTC EVO.

When I try to connect Andriod market using my Gmail used id & password,it shows the error as below,

"Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server.

This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.If it continues,call customer care".

The problem occers when your EVO is not properly Flashed. If you restore the MEID the market will work. Scan the locations of MEID and PESN again and make them all ZERO or Get the original MEID Registered. I have faced this problem and solved it.

In my case a factory restore resolved the problem. It seems this is common when you don't do a market signon the first time u start the device after a factory reset.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

This problem of cannot establish reliable data connection , is more common in 2.2 roms

AND THE MAIN REASON IS THAT YOUR PHONE IS IN ESN MODE

THIS PROBLEM WILL GO AWAY WHEN UR PHONE IS IN MEID MODE

this problem is similar to app catalogue not working in esn mode pixi and pre , but it works in meid mode

for that either get med ruim and make ur evo meid based or get it registered with its meid

Edited by Mufaddal

Its the Problem of pESN

I think you are right. I had my Verizon phone unlocked by a friend by changing the ESN / MEID (not the MEID belongs to Blackberry phone). since then i cannot connect to Market place, neither will my phone work with mobile internet.

Need someone to help me resolve this issue. I am tired of using alternate market places like 1 Market (which i believe is good when you cannot configure a gmail account). I cannot use AppBrain as it still ask me to configure a gmail account (which i said is not possible).

My system information is as follows:

guys having problem with market also mention below information

1) rom (official / custom): Official ROM 2.21 (USCC)

2) base bands:i500.04 K.EE19

3) operator (tata, rim etc) RIM

4) esn or meid base: not sure what this means but i see a MEID in status starting with 4C00001bxxxxxxx

5) exact error on opening market : "Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server.

I have updated the os of the phone multiple times, to Verizon based and USCC based. It does not seem to help with Factory restore, etc. Tried clearing the data from applications for all google apps i could see. I have done this on a freshly installed phone with no luck.

if ur handset is on esn mode market will be blocked

restore to meid