Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MNP - Which Operator to Choose in Various Cities?

Nationwide Mobile Number Poratability is finally coming on 20th January 2011..Let's hope this time it's true and final.. :)

Once the initial joy of having the freedom to choose any telecom operator subsides, then we have a real difficult job on our hand...

Not happy with our current operator but whom to choose Now? That's a million dollar question!! :confuse:

What are the real options available? Network Coverage, Tariff, 3G...Gsm, CDMA, Hmmm...Many factors for choosing your new operator...But most will not be having good idea about the real options if one is a loyal customer of one network since a long time and have not explored other operators..

So, Friends, Lets discuss all our options for Which new operator/s we can consider moving to in various cities in this thread...

Let's keep this thread open for all cities...Post here why thinking of moving to new operator...options...query...info...

Now For A Start...

My blissful married life is on the rocks since the day i forced better half to switch to Reliance GSM about a year ago from Vodafone...City is Mumbai.. :(

The only reason for shifting from Vodafone to Reliance was Better Tariff...

She is thoroughly disgusted with Reliance GSM because... :mad44:

-Poor Network in most of the city...Voice quality very bad...Even with Full Signal Bars..Hell..We Have Reliance BTS few hundred feet away from our home...

-Not Reliable SMS Services...Both sending and receiving...This is even more sore point with her.

-Arrogant, rude, poorly trained woman's from third party bill recovery franchisees calling thrice a day to tell you that Pay Your Bill...(This even when your payment due date is days away)

-Caller Tune useless as some Reliance Message plays like "Is gaane ko copy karne ke liye ye dabaye..vo dabaye..For few seconds..and before the Caller Tune starts, you will have obviously picked up the phone..

-No unsubscribing Caller Tune despite following the procedure of sending SMS to designated number, receiving confirmation that your request has been processed and then the next day again receiving the message...Your Caller Tune Subscription has been renewed..Oh Yaa..

Now what would be the good option for her...Which Operator in Mumbai City..GSM Only..

Her requirements..

-Good Tariffs includign STD Tariff (Not much Roaming)

-SMS Packs

-Network Coverage and Voice Clarity

Any ideas to save my marriage...

@ Rajan well my friend i find reliance CDMA very good in terms of Tariff and connectivity, my wife has simple 99 with sms pack - no problem in roaming too. flat 0.50 any where he talks heavely and bill of 6-700 max 9 she even uses it as a intercom many times (hope it feels better to you)

it will please both of you..... so what not CDMA Reliance,

love%20my%20wife.jpg

Edited by Genius

My advice would be let her switch back to vodafone. A few hundred extra wont hurt you much and will definitely save your marriageGirandoOjos.gif

@Genius

I suggested Reliance CDMA but was shot down promptly because...

-You yourself thinking of moving from CDMA...aur mujhe usme jana kyu?

-Long SMS issue, She hates it when SMS come broken down in 2-3 parts on my CDMA phone...2nd and 3rd part sometime coming many minutes later...

-SMS Special characters, regional language issue..She laughs heartily when all i receive is garbage on my CDMA Palm Pixi and she enjoys it the way it was sent on her Nokia.. When i try to explain the superiority of CDMA over GSM...She again laughs...Itni Chhoti baat to ho nahi sakti CDMA me..Mujhe kaha Doctorate karna hai technology pe...

-She likes that Rs 98-2GB GPRS packs...Again laughs when i pay Rs 199 For 500MB Windows Mobile Plan on My CDMA..

@Everyone

Idea and Tata Docomo Users From Mumbai.....

Opinion about Network Coverage and Voice Quality...

Are they better than Vodafone and Airtel on this parameters?

Rajaan Bhai agar chahte ho apni married life bachaana toh bhabhi ko VODAFONE he dilaana. :Sorprendido:

Idea is good but their offers are not that great as of Docomo.

Docomo too can be good but in certain areas you get fluctuating network due to lack of coverage. If she is going to use it mostly at home then first check the coverage of Docomo at your place and then decide.

But still I think that reverting back to VODAFONE could be the best option. As Vodafone has the very very good network throughout the city and in Thane too. Vodafone GPRS is the best when compared to other operators data services. Roaming throughout India (in most of the cities) is superb as per my experience. Sms delivery and receipt too is on time.

One more suggestion from my side. If you revert back to Vodafone, then go for Vodafone Prepaid. Because there are much more offers in Vodafone Prepaid as compared to Postpaid.

I converted one of my 10 years old Vodafone Postpaid number to Prepaid last month, just because Vodafone offered me 50 MB Data on a monthly rental of Rs.99/- for Vodafone Mobile Connect data plan. Whereas, they offers 1 GB to its Prepaid subscribers at the monthly rental of Rs.99/-. They tried their best to retain me as a Postpaid subscriber by some good offering. But I insisted to convert my number to Prepaid. And now as a prepaid subscriber, I'm happy then ever. I used to recharge my account by Rs.1111/- and get full talktime on it. No hefty taxes have to be paid as compared to the postpaid. And recently Vodafone started 1 paisa per second calls to all networks throughout India. Earlier it was 1 paisa per second local and 1.2 paisa per second for STD calls to other networks.

Brother, offers in the prepaid section are just endless.

Agar biwi ke hath ki garma garam KACHORIYAAN khana chahte ho toh wapas VODAFONE dila doh bhabhi ko. :)

kachori1.jpg

JO BIWI SE SACHMUCH KARTE PYAR, WOH VODAFONE SE KAISE KAREIN INKAR ! :)

• Like 1

Arrey...Gurudev vapas aa gaye!!

Bhaisahab..Yeha to basic survival ke liye food milna mushkil ho gaya hai...Kachoriyan to bahot dur ki baat hai... :NOTriste:

Thanks for a Detailed Actual User Opinion...+ 1 :)

Yes Vodafone is on my radar...

^^^

Yes brother.....subah ka bhoola akhir shaam ko ghar aa he gaya hu. :)

Ummeed nahi thi ke Reliance GSM ki wajah se yeh din bhi dekhne padengey apko. :Decepcionado:

Toh bhai log....agar aap sab chahte ho ke subah se raat tak garma garam khana milta rahe toh Mumbai mein Reliance Gsm choose karne se pehle yeh thread ek baar phir se read ker lena. :P

what abt dolphin?

^^^

Chirag bhai apki koi personal dushmani hai Rajan bhai se ??? Abhi toh issue sirf food tak he seemit hai, agar unhone bhabhi ko DOLPHIN dilwa diya toh agle din ghar ke bahar he nazar ayenge. Lol. :P

U have to search for Dolphin's signals deep under the sea coz I never seen good signals on roads..... :P

what abt dolphin?

donno abt mumbai..but in delhi it s**ks...

the netwrk is the worst of all operators..

inside my home at groung floor there are no signals,at first floor it keeps switching between no service to a single signal bar...

i have been waiting for mnp for past 2 yrs to switch my mtnl to vodafone or anything else....

Which Operator in Mumbai City..GSM Only..

-Good Tariffs includign STD Tariff (Not much Roaming)

-SMS Packs

-Network Coverage and Voice Clarity

Best Operator Network Coverage and Voice Clarity wise for sure would be VODAFONE.. though its costly...

move her back to vodafone and save ur marriage :winko::SI:

I am residing in navi mumbai and using vodafone...after MNP want to switch to tata docomo...as its tariffs are very good(but in mumbai comparitively

higher than its other circles [THIS IS DISCRIMINATION]

MRP(Rs)...............SMS Benefit......................Offer Validity(Days)......Processing Fee (Rs.)......................................................

...60..........15,000 Local and National SMS free..........30........................54.4..................#60 SMS pack for Rest of Maharashtra region

...85..........15,000 Local and National SMS free..........30........................77.1..................#85 SMS pack for Mumbai region

...16..........200 Local & National SMS Free/ day..........30........................14.50.................#for tamil nadu circle

...30..........5000 Local &National SMS..........................30........................27.20.................#for orissa circle

this is hell lot of difference

AND THE MAIN PROBLEM IS NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK....my frndz are using it and they are waiting for MNP to switch to vodafone..hehe

What are ur opinions?

Edited by p.shethia01

GSM Coverage i dont know Vodafone Rocks in Mumbai and Definately Best in Gujarat so if she is happy with GSM and SMS Vodafone is Straight Choice, if she want Data 3G then wait for more days and let the Picture of 3G clears. 3G being 2.1 ghz it will have differential Coverage in Vodafoen as Base Tower of Vodafone is having 900 mhz spectrum but for Airtel and Reliance GSM they have 1800 mhz spectrum of 2G which goes very hand in hand with 3G.

So

If She want 2G Services

Vodafone

Of She want 3G Service

Wait for more 3 month

• Like 1

900 Mhz is Best in terms of Coverage Vodafone have that advatnage and Airtel, Idea, RCOM, DoCoMo, Aircel, Uninor all are in 1800 mhz,

But in 3G all 4 Operator will play fair game

Vodafone have Mumbai Advantage like Biggest Chunk of Spectrum some 14 mhz against all have 6 mhz, but soon 6 mhz will taken back

Vodafone have Mumbai Advantage like Biggest Chunk of Spectrum some 14 mhz against all have 6 mhz, but soon 6 mhz will taken back

WOW.... I am LOVING IT...

900 Mhz is Best in terms of Coverage Vodafone have that advatnage and Airtel, Idea, RCOM, DoCoMo, Aircel, Uninor all are in 1800 mhz,

But in 3G all 4 Operator will play fair game

hetal ji, just want some more info about this like :

1. what is the difference b/w 900 mhz and 1800 mhz, & which is better for voice ?

2. 3G works on 900 mhz or 1800 mhz ?

3. from where i can get the detail of this frequency of indian operators in each circle i.e. which operators is on which frequency in each circle ?

thank u ...

imho.. probably.. they'll be asked to pay for extra frequency at current rates and be allowed to use it...

@HetalDP +1 For The 900 Mhz and 3G answer. Did not knew about Vodafone on 900 Mhz...

She is not that much interested in 3G...2G Data good enough..

So all users recommendation & this technical info makes Vodafone the best choice in Mumbai at the Moment...

:previous:

Rajan bhai... As per Hetal ji's advice please wait for 3 months, to get ideas on 3G... And from my experience (Buying N8 in my case), don't take your wife's words esp those "I DON'T NEED THIS ONE(3G here)".. It will easily change to "I MUST GET THAT ONE IMMEDIATELY" at anytime sooner than later... One simple Ad will change their mind, imho..

Then later you have to once again come here and cry like "She is not giving water.. I can't bear her severe beatings... Blood coming... etc... etc...." :rofl_200:

Rajan bhai... Take it lightly... :winko:

AND THE MAIN PROBLEM IS NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK....my frndz are using it and they are waiting for MNP to switch to vodafone..hehe

What are ur opinions?

i just heard from a friend 2day that since last 2 days Vodafone's network has improved in NAVI MUMBAI. Might be MNP effect. :Contento::Riendo:

imho.. probably.. they'll be asked to pay for extra frequency at current rates and be allowed to use it...

Once 3G is Launched Vodafone will Shift Customer to 3G and give back Excessive Spectrum happily

All Operator who gave Heavy Money to Mumbai and Delhi are smart

Let me clear Vodafone have 14 mhz in use and if they lost 3G Spectrum they could not return 14 mhz inefficient spectrum and ultimately paid same amount for 14 mhz on Inferior Technology. They Cornered 5 mhz in 3G on high price so they can return 6 Excessive mhz which in either way costed them same. and 3G is 4 time more Efficient for Calling so 5 mhz = 20 mhz 2G Spectrum for Calling and Internet

• Like 1

+1 Hetal Bhai for the detailed clarifications. :)