Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sunil_jok

industry leader

hi dear moderator....

i need some of ur help... well i actually wanna know who actually leads the moblie subscriber base at the moment??? whether its reliance(infocomm+telecom) or its bharti...

well i actually ended up in a bet with my friend who supports bharti n i do reliance....accordind to the times of india of 7th feb bharti had 5.84m subscribers n reliance had 5.76m but the point of question is that whether it was CDMA or CDMA+gsm figure for rel??

i think that it was just the cdma fig as telecom has abiut 7.10 laks gsm phones. so i wanna u advanced ppl in this feild to gimme the exact cdma fig of reliance as i've already found the gsm fig of both rel n bharthi on COAI's website

this is something i received on my pm, i hope all members feel confident enough to post your doubts, or to share your knowledge or pretty much anything you want. if your are not sure under which head it should come then post it in general chat. the moderators would be happy to move it to more apporopriate heads, if they feel it belongs somewhere else.

and i am not one of the "advanced ppl". i am just a regular guy who uses reliance phone, just like you. so i too have my own faults and lack of knowledge. but there are lots of other ppl who are always ready to help out. "true knowledge is not knowing everything, but knowing where you can find the answer"

so here is what i could find out for u

this is what i found from business standard website check out the date. ur date is 7th feb here it is 18th feb. and the addition between that period(7th is the date of launch of rim prepaid) 1 lakh. so adding that to ur figure of 5.75 million makes it 5.86 million, and today its 1st so im sure reliance has gone past the mark of bharti.

if there is any other opinion then let it be known and lets have an active discussion.

RIM adds 1 lakh subscribers

Our Corporate Bureau in Mumbai

Published : February 18, 2004

Reliance Infocomm has cornered over one lakh subscriber in the pre-paid segment within a few days of the launch.

The company entered the pre-paid market on February 9 with a range of handsets bundled with rechargable vouchers in various denominations.

Speaking on the sidelines of the roadshows for IPCL IPO, Mukesh Ambani, chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries (RIL) said, “we have in excess of one lakh prepaid customers so far. We have far exceeded our expectations. We haven’t even launched ads in television.” Ambani pointed out that “We have been consistent in our figures of getting subscriber and we have a market share between 20-30 per cent.”

He was of the opinion that the market is big enough to have at least 4-5 operators and “every operator can have a market share in the range between 20-25 per cent”.

On the overall telecom market, Ambani said that India would see additions of at least 2-3 million a month . However, on the subscriber base in Reliance Infocomm he reiterated that they continue to hold a market share of 20-30 per cent.

Reliance Infocomm entered the pre-paid segment where its customer get a free connection and recharge vouchers worth Rs 3240 valid for six months with an additional six month grace period.

During this grace period the subscriber will be able to receive incoming calls and SMS without recharging the account.

here is some more info from http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/453106.cms

if reliance isnt the market leader now, then it will be by the end of this month

the article is a bit old, but still it should be useful. such informaton are given out after careful market research and all such stuff. and im guessing it is a conservative estimate

Reliance Info to have 8 mn subscribers by Mar: Ambani

PTI[ THURSDAY, JANUARY 29, 2004 05:32:10 PM ]

MUMBAI: Reliance Infocomm will notch up a subscriber base of around seven to eight million by end of the current financial year, banking on its launch of CDMA pre-paid services, even as the telecom entity is expected to record net profit by March 31, 2004.

"We are planning to launch our CDMA pre-paid cards soon and this will ramp up our subscriber base to around seven to eight million," Reliance Industries Vice Chairman and Managing Director Anil Ambani told reporters on Thursday.

The company has been field-testing pre-paid cards for the last couple of months and was slated to launch the services by mid-January or early February.

Reliance Infocomm is also planning to launch its broadband-based services in the country shortly, he said adding launching fixed services, apart from a host of new services, were also on the agenda.

However, he did not disclose the date for launching of the pre-paid services.

Ambani also said the company, which has already posted a cash break-even, is being projected to record a net profit by March 31, 2004 .

He said there was no impact on the licence fees and the telecom business, like other businesses of the company, was "doing well".

source link

here is something arun pointed out to me.... and this seems to be the officilal figure for reliance cdma post paid connection add one lakh to this and u get the figure upto 18th feb... thanks for the link arun

Reliance Infocomm says has 6.3 mn post-paid users

Reuters

Mumbai, February 9

Reliance Infocomm Ltd has 6.3 million post-paid mobile phone users, the company's head of Mumbai and Maharashtra Atul Jhamb told reporters on the sidelines of a news conference on Monday.

Reliance Infocomm, India's number one mobile phone services firm, added that it expected to have two million more mobile users by the end of March. Reliance Industries has a 45 per cent stake in Reliance Infocomm.

hi dear moderator....

i need some of ur help... well i actually wanna know who actually leads the moblie subscriber base at the moment??? whether its reliance(infocomm+telecom) or its bharti...

well i actually ended up in a bet with my friend who supports bharti n i do reliance....accordind to the times of india of 7th feb bharti had 5.84m subscribers n reliance had 5.76m but the point of question is that whether it was CDMA or CDMA+gsm figure for rel??

i think that it was just the cdma fig as telecom has abiut 7.10 laks gsm phones. so i wanna u advanced ppl in this feild to gimme the exact cdma fig of reliance as i've already found the gsm fig of both rel n bharthi on COAI's website

yeps... pjthevj... u better thank sunil for putting in so much time for ur query..

My suggestion! Keep ur frnd waiting and ask him to keep searching the true nos.... and let this month go ;) by then, Reliance will definitely surge as the market leader with ATLEAST 8 mn customers!! :lol:

Well,

True ..They will get 8mn

but what about billing problem. On latest servey(in one VOICE+DATA issue, i think) shows that 25% of RIM customers have billing problem. (and 75% didn't get yet the BILL :lol: ). Now it is time they should focus on customer satisfaction.

NOTE: here i didn't want to open any issue of billing this post is just related to "Who is Leader". back side of SHINEING RELIANCE. when we start to FEEL GOOD.

lol.. this INDIA SHINING CAMPAIGN has got onto everybody's tongue!! lol.... truely speaking Reliance will hold the industry leader tag till the near future.. It will only crumble(if at all) for its stupid billing system.. (I haven't recd bills for the last 5 months :lol: )

no i wont say "wait till they settle".. this wht ppl did in the beginning . and they lost on for DAPO... ! :lol: if u r not comfortable, drop it later, simple... but no point waiting...

I was talking about the potential customers

me too :lol: