Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr. Hari

MNP Experience

Ported two numbers from RGSM & RCDMA to Airtel.

Request given on 10/03/2016 at about 7:30PM

Received SMS from Airtel about receipt of request and papers on 11/03/2016.

Got SMS on 16/03/2016 stating service will be changed on midnight for RGSM. NO info for CDMA.

At 11:30PM, both phones were disconnected.

Phone verification was done within 5 minutes and it started to work by midnight.

The main reason for RGSM porting was pathetic network and no 3G at many places. RCDMA is used by mom and even she had problem when she travels to native place and other villages. Over

I ported from TATA CDMA to TATA GSM, after 8 years as faithful TATA CDMA user, other phone I got has AirTel.

I did that primarily becauase lack of CDMA handsets and then whatever handsets are available, they are so damn expensive. It is even more true today as of Mar 2016, check eBay for a CDMA android with good specs e.g. 4.5 inch touchscreen, 1 GB RAM, Quad-Core and good camera and then check Flipkart and Amazon for same spec GSM phone. CDMAs are almost double the price and totally outdated and half of them don't even run the internet. You can't even update them, for that messes up the internet services.

I ported from TATA CDMA to TATA GSM, after 8 years as faithful TATA CDMA user, other phone I got has AirTel.

I did that primarily becauase lack of CDMA handsets and then whatever handsets are available, they are so damn expensive. It is even more true today as of Mar 2016, check eBay for a CDMA android with good specs e.g. 4.5 inch touchscreen, 1 GB RAM, Quad-Core and good camera and then check Flipkart and Amazon for same spec GSM phone. CDMAs are almost double the price and totally outdated and half of them don't even run the internet. You can't even update them, for that messes up the internet services.

U spoilt have tried redmi note 3 n Holly

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

U spoilt have tried redmi note 3 n Holly

No, I am not spoilt :NO: and I did not try redmi note 3 or holly. I mostly have used basic handsets when it comes to CDMA and they all worked great, have used 2 android CDMAs, MTS Blaze 5 and sne of ZTE. They were good but only good, for the same price I bought Karbonn Android One and it was way beyond powerful. it has been 6 months I have ported from CDMA to GSM and I think it was very good decision.