Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr. Hari

MNP Experience

So here is end of my MNP saga.

Today morning recieved a sms from Aircel that my MNP request has been cancelled because of wrong UPC.

I carefully wrote the UPC in MNP form with my hands.

Reliance really s**ks and has been able to retain me atleast for sometime.

I may drop the plan of MNP.

ah ..bad luck man..try again ..

Here's a gud news from my side..got approval SMS from Aircel on 11th Feb...

activated it today by dialling 123... :)

R-CDMA pe incoming bannd hai..but outgoing still active on my R-CDMA ???

:previous: Most of the operators block premium numbers porting out as usually they are under Legal contract which states the numbers are on lease.

Hmm, is it? But is their stand legally defensible? IIRC, it is not mentioned explicitly in the rules.

All of the below is already covered in our MNP FAQ....Still.....The Actual Section

TRAI TELECOMMUNICATION MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY REGULATIONS, 2009 (8 of 2009)

12. Grounds for rejection of porting request by Donor Operator.A request for porting of a mobile number shall not be rejected by a Donor Operator on any ground other than the following grounds, namely:-

a. there are outstanding payments due from the subscriber by way of pending bill or bills, as the case may be, issued as per the normal billing cycle but before the date of application for porting;

b. the porting request has been made before the expiry of a period of ninety days from the date of activation of a new connection;

c. a request for change of ownership of the mobile number is under process;

d. the mobile number sought to be ported is sub-judice;

e. porting of the mobile number has been prohibited by a Court of Law;

f. subscriber has applied for inter-service area porting;

g. the unique porting code mentioned in the porting request does not match with the unique porting code allocated by the Donor Operator for the mobile number sought to be ported;

h. there are subsisting contractual obligations in respect of which an exit clause has been provided in the subscriber agreement but the subscriber has not complied with such exit clause:

Provided that where the Donor operator rejects a porting request on the ground of subsisting contractual obligations, he shall indicate the full details of such contractual obligations.

Hmm, is it? But is their stand legally defensible? IIRC, it is not mentioned explicitly in the rules.

Mentioned in the rules clearly...

:previous:

Let me clarify one thing.

Any contractual obligation on the mobile 'numbers' is illegal.

'Numbers' belong to DoT and they are given for free to operators to supply it free for subscribers.

In the first place, it's illegal to charge customers on premium numbers and it's further illegal to block customers from carrying such numbers in the pretext of contractual obligation on premium numbers.

Please do write to DoT and TRAI in case any one has been blocked from using MNP purely because of premium numbers.

finlly i had ported my tata indicom prepaid number to Tata docomo prepaid succesfully.

Process took 4-5 days.

evething works great.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for TATA

My number is ported now, after 5 days of circus!

Finally, I am on reliance GSM. It took multiple calls and emails to Nodal officer to get this done.

But still I have doubt - Does TRAI have such a rule?

All of the below is already covered in our MNP FAQ....Still.....The Actual Section

TRAI TELECOMMUNICATION MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY REGULATIONS, 2009 (8 of 2009)

12. Grounds for rejection of porting request by Donor Operator.A request for porting of a mobile number shall not be rejected by a Donor Operator on any ground other than the following grounds, namely:-

a. there are outstanding payments due from the subscriber by way of pending bill or bills, as the case may be, issued as per the normal billing cycle but before the date of application for porting;

b. the porting request has been made before the expiry of a period of ninety days from the date of activation of a new connection;

c. a request for change of ownership of the mobile number is under process;

d. the mobile number sought to be ported is sub-judice;

e. porting of the mobile number has been prohibited by a Court of Law;

f. subscriber has applied for inter-service area porting;

g. the unique porting code mentioned in the porting request does not match with the unique porting code allocated by the Donor Operator for the mobile number sought to be ported;

h. there are subsisting contractual obligations in respect of which an exit clause has been provided in the subscriber agreement but the subscriber has not complied with such exit clause:

Provided that where the Donor operator rejects a porting request on the ground of subsisting contractual obligations, he shall indicate the full details of such contractual obligations.

GANESAN Sir... There is NO SUCH NON-SENSE RULE... I GOT UPC code immediately after sending the PORT request...

Please see the BOLD part in the above quote... It says "The request for Change of ownership is Under process"... THEY ARE FORCING YOU TO CHANGE THE OWNERSHIP, SO THAT THEY CAN GET ANOTHER 90 DAYS TIME TO HARM YOU MORE... AirHELL rasc@ls proved that they can goto any limit to stop higher ARPU customers from porting...

Just file a case on the dealer, Nodal Officer (if possible record his call while calling next time) and AirHELL as a whole stating that "YOU PEOPLE ARE FORCING ME TO CHANGE OWNERSHIP TO DELAY MY PORTING PROCESS AND YOU HAVE TO PAY ME FOR THE EXPENSES, INCONVENIENCES, and OUT-RIGHT CHEATING" and threaten them to give the news to MEDIA (esp after recording his voice) and do the thing for MEDIA also...

I am also getting the UPC code immediately. Only when MNP is under process, AirHELL rejects it.

Atlast Airtel has yielded and allowed me to port to Vodafone.

First I tried to port to Aircel and Airtel rejected it saying my connection is in company name and I cannot port out. I have to either change to individual name or prepaid and wait for 90 days. I complained to whoever possible - TRAI, DOT, AIrtel CC, Nodal office, AIrcel. But all went in vain, no positive feedback.

Then I again got another UPC code and applied for porting to Vodafone. And to my surprise, this time Airtel accepted it and now I am in Vodafone.

I don't know what happened to their condition now!!!!

That's called cartel effect.

If you've opted between Idea and Vodafone, Airtel will not have any issue.

Aircel, TATA, RCOM, Uninor etc., Airtel will invent reasons out of box for not allowing.

@pasumark

For the sake of clarity, i am posing the same question to you which i asked Kanagadeepan..

Was your Mobile Connection in the Name of a Private Limited/Public Limited Company?

That's called cartel effect.

If you've opted between Idea and Vodafone, Airtel will not have any issue.

Aircel, TATA, RCOM, Uninor etc., Airtel will invent reasons out of box for not allowing.

Its not true.

I tried to Port my RGSM Number to TATA DOCOMO Request rejected After 3 days of rejection tried to convert same number to Vodafone everything went fine.

Dear Friend, I'm talking about Airtel but you've migrated out of RGSM.

I can't understand what you mean......

Edited by kesav

@pasumark

For the sake of clarity, i am posing the same question to you which i asked Kanagadeepan..

Was your Mobile Connection in the Name of a Private Limited/Public Limited Company?

It is a partnership firm. My father and myself are its partners.

Let me clarify one thing.

Any contractual obligation on the mobile 'numbers' is illegal.

'Numbers' belong to DoT and they are given for free to operators to supply it free for subscribers.

In the first place, it's illegal to charge customers on premium numbers and it's further illegal to block customers from carrying such numbers in the pretext of contractual obligation on premium numbers.

Please do write to DoT and TRAI in case any one has been blocked from using MNP purely because of premium numbers.

Very good point. I had forgotten that numbers are a national resource and do not belong to the telco, to being with. Considering this, the telco's stance is untenable in court.

Dudes, do not take this nonsense lying down. If a telco is illegally withholding your port out request, it behooves you to make them do it, hook or by crook. If we just accept what they say, then we are ourselves responsible for the state of things.

My MNP (Non ending) story

Porting from Aircel Postpaid to RGSM prepaid

19-Jan bill generated

21 Jan -Paid complete bill amount

22 Jan – Generated UPC code and applied for MNP at retail outlet

28 Jan – Receive call from Rcom stating they have received MNP request and process

will be completed in 1 or 2 days

1 Feb – Nothing happened .Visited retail outlet where applied for mnp.Person has told

there was error processing mnp request taken the details and sent once again .

Also spoke to reliance guy who has ensure will be done at the earliest.

6 Feb – UPC Code expired .same reliance guy whom I spoke asked me to send new UPC

code. Again sent new UPC code.

7 Feb – New RGSM sim activated with base tariff and without any offer only with

outgoing calls to all networks no incoming.

Aircel sim active completely.

9 feb - On RGSM received 20Rs balance with 1p/2s and gprs offer with only outgoing

and no incoming. Aircel still active without any effect.

Received SMS from RM MNP – “Dear customer, we have received your request

to enroll mobile no.97xxxxxx in Reliance network.It will be processed

shortly.Reliance “

Till today I was folloing up with reliance and Aircel

15 Feb – Reliance guy inform me that Aircel has rejected my MNP request and asked me to contact Aircel .He was not having any reason .

Called Aircel on 198 and asked for the reason for rejection the CC told they did not get any request for port out from reliance or mnp department

When contacted reliance they are telling if aircel rejects port out they cannot do any thing and Aircel guys are telling they did not get any portout request , how can they reject.

Now after 23 days of wait not knowing who is the culprit. Again new bill is going to get generated on 18th feb and I have to pay bill and UPC code will expire on 20 feb.

Friends please help me how should I proceed further.

Please create a section for "SwitchFromLoop" These people in Loop are real cheaters. They Never provide proper signal, at the same time they never allow any users to Port from their Network to any other Network. I tried 3 times to port from Loop to Idea, As I dont have Loop network at home. But these people always reje...ct by saying invalid unique porting code. A Loop executive in Vashi Loop Gallary asked me to switch to IDEA when I complained about the Signal issue. I took their advice and I tried porting but reject the porting. Now its a dream to port from Loop to any network. Loop is always a LOOP.............

What to do now? where to complaint about this.

@ramtech & @sajokj,

I feel sorry for your state of affairs.

My humble request it to escalate it to DoT & TRAI as mentioned in

While escalating, please copy to nodal officers of both operators. If you know the email addresses, also copy to heads of both companies.

Normally, you'll not get reply from Govt but you'll get solution from operators sooner.....

Please don't give up. If you give up then those looters will get encouraged and continue these foul plays.

DOT is taking some action if you complain.

For me the mail to DOT worked. First my porting request was rejected by Airtel saying my number is in my company name bla bla. Then I complained to DOT, TRAI, Nodal officer etc. Then again I tried to port out and everything went smoothly.

And after porting was over, I got a call from Airtel corporate care to confirm everything was ok as I had complained to DOT. The point here is I never sent a copy or told Airtel that I am complaining to DOT. So I am 100% sure DOT has taken some action.

This is the copy of mail AIrtel sent to after allowing port out

Dear R.Ganesan,

Thank you for contacting to Airtel.

This is with reference to your complaint to DOT with reference number : DOTEL/E/2011/00878 dated 02 February 2011 requesting for Port-out of your Airtel number 98940*****.

As per the telephonic conversation on Airtel number 98940***** with the undersigned, we would like to inform you that concern number has already port-out from Airtel with effect from 12 February 2011.

In future too, please feel free to speak to our call center executive on 121 regarding any issue/concern. You can also email us at 121@airtelindia.com.

You can get in touch with the Nodal Officer with your earlier request or complaint number if it's still unresolved. You may send an email at nodalofficer.tn@airtel.in or you may call at 952434865 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Monday to Friday. The Nodal officer will provide a resolution to your complaint in 10 days.

If you do not receive a satisfactory response from Nodal officer you may send an email at appellate.tn@airtel.in or you may call at 9940644865 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Monday to Friday.

Warm Regards

Rajat Saxena

Customer Service

Bharti Airtel Limited

And please find below the complaint which I sent to DOT, TRAI

Dear Sir/Madam,

My mobile number is 98940***** - Airtel Tamilnadu. I have taken this connection in my company name and also have CUG within my group. Now as I do not have sufficient coverage in my office, I applied to port out my number to Aircel, Tamilnadu.

My request for mobile number portability was rejected by Bharthi Airtel(GSM) saying due to subsisting contractual obligation from the subscriber agreement.

Then I contacted Airtel customer care and they said as my number is in my company name and CUG, I cannot port out. If I need to port out I have to change the connection to individual status or pre-paid and then also only after 90 days I can port out my number from Airtel.

So Airtel is forcing to me to be with them against my will. This is completely against the very purpose of MNP.

Now I have no option but to change convert my number to pre-paid and wait for 90 days to port out of Airtel. As I have no coverage in my office, I am really affected very much.

Kindly take immediate action to port me out of Airtel.

Waiting for your immediate action.

Warm Regards

T.R.Ganesan

Kindly lodge your grievance on www.pgportal.gov.in

• Like 1

previous.gif Dude, where did you send your mail? Dot's Public Grievance Cell is simply a postmaster. It forwards your mail to the appropriate authority in the telco. Thats it. Seems they have no power to take any punitive action.

You are just lucky that your complaint has probably reached higher up in the telco and they have resolved it.

very funny experience with reliance....

when I requested UPC for first time (I just send sms for UPC in dec for testing), got a revert call from reliance even before launch of MNP and they provided me an extra uasge of 100 Rs.

the jan bill reflected that that usage was also applicable for roaming also. as per my previous posts my request in aircel was rejected due to wrong upc (it was wrong reason indeed because I personnaly filled upc code in mnp form exactly). I had postponed the port out decision for now.

and today I again recieved a call from reliance

the guy asked me why I am leaving reliance ?

I told because your network is in very bad condition at my residence.

and that fool instead of giving me an assurance of improved network, proposed me to provide 100 Rs. extra usage per month for 6 months.

I laughed and told him that I am already getting 100 Rs. extra on simple 99 plan.

he than check something on his system and told me that he can give me extra 100 Rs. so total become Rs. 200. :Contento:

I than asked him to send a mail regarding this because I dont believe on phone calls.

he told me that our executive will visit you and it will be written on that.

lets see....

but Rs. 200 free usage (6 mahine k liye hi sahi) on simple 99 ..sone pe suhaga..

Dear reliance pls concentrate on your network also, because money cant bind a customer to you, i will port out for sure if your network didnt improve, then there will be no value of free free bies

previous.gif RCom seems to be in a real mess. They seem to have no idea about priorities. At this rate they will have negative ARPU. Contento.gif

Anyway, good deal for you... if you can utilize it! Or probably they are giving it because they know you cannot utilize it on their super crappy network. Either way they seem to be nuts. Lol!

I doubt whether these are freebies. I feel they are some ploy to prevent customers from moving away. Perhaps if you apply for MNP, they will tell you that the customer is under special scheme (that Rs 100 free talk time) and hence cannot be allowed MNP. Please watch carefully before accepting. Yesterday, Loop sent me an SMS saying I am a `privileged customer' whom they are offering 1000 smses free. I accepted that but I feel that would stop me from porting out my Loop number if I decide.

very funny experience with reliance....

when I requested UPC for first time (I just send sms for UPC in dec for testing), got a revert call from reliance even before launch of MNP and they provided me an extra uasge of 100 Rs.

the jan bill reflected that that usage was also applicable for roaming also. as per my previous posts my request in aircel was rejected due to wrong upc (it was wrong reason indeed because I personnaly filled upc code in mnp form exactly). I had postponed the port out decision for now.

and today I again recieved a call from reliance

the guy asked me why I am leaving reliance ?

I told because your network is in very bad condition at my residence.

and that fool instead of giving me an assurance of improved network, proposed me to provide 100 Rs. extra usage per month for 6 months.

I laughed and told him that I am already getting 100 Rs. extra on simple 99 plan.

he than check something on his system and told me that he can give me extra 100 Rs. so total become Rs. 200. :Contento:

I than asked him to send a mail regarding this because I dont believe on phone calls.

he told me that our executive will visit you and it will be written on that.

lets see....

but Rs. 200 free usage (6 mahine k liye hi sahi) on simple 99 ..sone pe suhaga..

Dear reliance pls concentrate on your network also, because money cant bind a customer to you, i will port out for sure if your network didnt improve, then there will be no value of free free bies

previous.gif Dude, where did you send your mail? Dot's Public Grievance Cell is simply a postmaster. It forwards your mail to the appropriate authority in the telco. Thats it. Seems they have no power to take any punitive action.

You are just lucky that your complaint has probably reached higher up in the telco and they have resolved it.

I had mailed to ca@trai.gov.in, ddgpg-dot@nic.in and then complained in www.pgportal.gov.in

www.pgportal.gov.in

Thats the PG cell. Its just a post office. But ya, I'm not saying it does not bring results. But don't think that DoT is giving any special interest in your case. Quite likely they just forward it, without even reading, lol.

In case the telco does not resolve your issue, they won't/can't take any punitive action.

Edited by raccoon

+100 for you pasumark.

Thank you very much for sharing.....

This will really give ray of hope for endless sufferers in India.

It's an example to show "India is Working" after all.

Pasumark, I appreciate your never dying spirit.

This is the spirit which can save India from 'corporate looters backed by political looters or vice-versa'.

Pasumark, I beg with you to send appreciation mail to DoT and TRAI by attaching Airtel's mail.

It'll encourage them to do it further and make this country a functioning democracy.

Even though, it's the least expected out of DoT and TRAI.

I salute them for this action whole-heartedly.

:hi2: :hi2: :hi2:

:signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

Dear fellow members, be aware that Govt is functioning and please please encourage these signs of little actions so that they get strength to move on in the system which highly tuned for taking rest.

Edited by kesav