Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr. Hari

MNP Experience

There is one more aspect to this - even if MNP works smoothly for the majority and not for a minority, one cannot say that it does not matter. It does not help those for who it has not worked as it should when you say you are just a minority, so don't crib.

In fact many companies use this tactic - for eg. Reliance and ICICI insurance are known to reject say 2 out of 10 genuine claims. Come to think of it, this way they can offer lower premiums too! Now if you ask customers of these companies, you will likely get very varied responses. Those amongst the 80% will say the companies are good, because they have got their claims successfully processed. The remaining 20% will cry foul. To rub it in, the other 80% may actually support such companies with the myopic view that their policies have worked for them and may even go to the extent of recommend these companies to others, esp. considering the lower premiums. Further, another section may say that majority have benefited, so let us give the companies the benefit of doubt (similar to what some are suggesting here).

If someone has been robbed, it does not really help him to show him statistics and say you are the only one in the city who has been robbed in x years, so take solace in the statistics and enjoy.

Point is again that the there is no accountability or redressal for those who are suffering. Banking and Insurance sectors at least have an Ombudsman. Why not telecom? Why is the DoT come out with this farce called PG Cell in its place?

• Like 2

Thanks a lot Ravi

confluence of law and applied mathematics..i am loving it

@shrik

you have a valid point but .having experinced as to how gsm cartel used to treat in coming calls from rcdma/bsnl on their networks makes any one suspicious..

i take the side of Abhijit.+1 to u dear

Hi Kesav, thanks for reminding. Have just shot mail to the concerned in DoT and TRAI giving thanks.

@abhisathe, I hope you've written appreciation mail to Sibal & DoT.

If not, I beg you to do it ASAP.

These small appreciations can only help them to move faster and stronger against these looters(mobile operators) who are hell bend on making MNP not to work.

There is one more aspect to this - even if MNP works smoothly for the majority and not for a minority, one cannot say that it does not matter. It does not help those for who it has not worked as it should when you say you are just a minority, so don't crib.

In fact many companies use this tactic - for eg. Reliance and ICICI insurance are known to reject say 2 out of 10 genuine claims. Come to think of it, this way they can offer lower premiums too! Now if you ask customers of these companies, you will likely get very varied responses. Those amongst the 80% will say the companies are good, because they have got their claims successfully processed. The remaining 20% will cry foul. To rub it in, the other 80% may actually support such companies with the myopic view that their policies have worked for them and may even go to the extent of recommend these companies to others, esp. considering the lower premiums. Further, another section may say that majority have benefited, so let us give the companies the benefit of doubt (similar to what some are suggesting here).

If someone has been robbed, it does not really help him to show him statistics and say you are the only one in the city who has been robbed in x years, so take solace in the statistics and enjoy.

Point is again that the there is no accountability or redressal for those who are suffering. Banking and Insurance sectors at least have an Ombudsman. Why not telecom? Why is the DoT come out with this farce called PG Cell in its place?

A very very valid point my dear friend. +1 to you.

System is at fault even if it has worked for 99% of the people.

Let us not forget that remaining 1% is also Indians. They too have their own right to MNP.

One can never belittle the bad impact, MNP failure has had on their life unless we're one among them.

We cannot give up our pursuit to reach 100% error-free system although it's theoretical.

Successful people say "Aim for the sky. At least you'll fall in top of the tree".

My MNP (Non ending) story

Porting from Aircel Postpaid to RGSM prepaid

19-Jan bill generated

21 Jan -Paid complete bill amount

22 Jan – Generated UPC code and applied for MNP at retail outlet

28 Jan – Receive call from Rcom stating they have received MNP request and process

will be completed in 1 or 2 days

1 Feb – Nothing happened .Visited retail outlet where applied for mnp.Person has told

there was error processing mnp request taken the details and sent once again .

Also spoke to reliance guy who has ensure will be done at the earliest.

6 Feb – UPC Code expired .same reliance guy whom I spoke asked me to send new UPC

code. Again sent new UPC code.

7 Feb – New RGSM sim activated with base tariff and without any offer only with

outgoing calls to all networks no incoming.

Aircel sim active completely.

9 feb - On RGSM received 20Rs balance with 1p/2s and gprs offer with only outgoing

and no incoming. Aircel still active without any effect.

Received SMS from RM MNP – “Dear customer, we have received your request

to enroll mobile no.97xxxxxx in Reliance network.It will be processed

shortly.Reliance “

Till today I was folloing up with reliance and Aircel

15 Feb – Reliance guy inform me that Aircel has rejected my MNP request and asked me to contact Aircel .He was not having any reason .

Called Aircel on 198 and asked for the reason for rejection the CC told they did not get any request for port out from reliance or mnp department

When contacted reliance they are telling if aircel rejects port out they cannot do any thing and Aircel guys are telling they did not get any portout request , how can they reject.

Now after 23 days of wait not knowing who is the culprit. Again new bill is going to get generated on 18th feb and I have to pay bill and UPC code will expire on 20 feb.

Friends please help me how should I proceed further.

There is no progress till now.one month completed

Aircell is active with incoming and outgoing

RGSM is active with only outgoing( Recharge is also working.I recharged with Rs.10)

Now want to apply MNP again with other operator.Will there be any problem.

:previous:

Oh, no... If you change your operator again after three months, chances are there your number will be available in THREE SIMs... Oh God, how horrible, even to think so... :Equivocado:

Before MNP, people used to carry chinese phones with upto 3 numbers in a SINGLE PHONE... Now after MNP, people may need to carry upto THREE PHONES FOR A SINGLE NUMBER... :GirandoOjos:

• Like 1

@ramtech, you've not mentioned whether you've written a mail to DoT & TRAI.

If not, please do it immediately narrating very clearly all your timelines.

It seems mail to DoT & TRAI are working as has been reported by 2 of our members.

Please find below the details of my complaint made on www.pgportal.gov.in. All details when the complaint was forwarded and the action date and everything available. So guys try your luck. I have now complained for my other number too. Lets see what happens. Airtel is actually taking action and responding to these complaints.

PORTAL FOR PUBLIC GRIEVANCES-Brought to you by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances

Government of India

Grievance Status

Thank You for Your Valuable Feedback

Status as on 24 Feb 2011

Registration Number : DOTEL/E/2011/00878

Name Of Complainant : R.Ganesan

Date of Receipt : 02 Feb 2011

Received by : Department of Telecommunications

Forwarded to : M/s.Bharti Airtel Ltd.

Contact Address : M/s.Bharti Airtel Ltd.

Unitech World Cyber Park,Tower-B,

5th Floor, Sector-39,Gurgaon, Haryana122001

Contact Number : 9818122843

Current Status : CASE CLOSED

Your Feedback :

Excellent

Date of Action : 18 Feb 2011

Details : The number has already been ported out. Please refer the attached response sent to customer

Attachment : open

Edited by pasumark

It seems mail to DoT & TRAI are working as has been reported by 2 of our members.

I have sent mail on 17th feb to Dot and Trai copies to Relinace cc,nodal officer, appellite authority and aircel CC, nodal officer and appellite authority.

I have recieved reply from Rcom mentioning that operator has rejected my request and reply from Aircel mentioning that they didnot recieved any mnp request.

I have send all the copies again on 19th feb to Trai, Dot and all mails id of operators but till now no reply from operators.

From Trai there is no reply for previous mails and second mail also

All I can say is that you need a terrific lot of patience with RCOM - this is what I have been advocating for the last so many years on RW. Patience does pay the fruits of your labour. However if you do not have any patience, then latch on to another operator. The colour, shade etc of the grass will be seen only after you switch over.

@ramtech, Kindly also register your complaint in http://www.pgportal.gov.in as has been done by @pasumark.

While registering the complaint in the portal, please mention the list of email ids (DoT,TRAI, Appellate Authorities, Nodal officers etc.,) to which you've already complained.

From your posts, it's clear that Aircel is acting smart.

Please don't loose your patience and continue to persist till the solution is reached.

It's the only way we can make it happen.....

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Edited by kesav

My MNP experience is very good.I ported my no from RGSM to vodaphone.Applied on 21.2.2011 at vodaphone store,got the sms on 25th evening that its been approved by RGSM......&since today morning my no is fully working on vodaphone.

my mnp experience is 50-50...one from vodafone to tata was gud but the one from rcdma to airtel is worst..the porting still has been not been done while the airtel ARC says tht the dealer hasnt forwarded the request....the ARC says tht its normal tht nos r taking one month to change the operator...dont know the actualities but literally it made me sweat out.....

I hav ported my wife's number From RCDMA to Vodafone :clap:

Initially we enjoyed the dual number connection :Sorprendido::Sorprendido: ,but later RCDMA disconnected :winko:

I have sent mail on 17th feb to Dot and Trai copies to Relinace cc,nodal officer, appellite authority and aircel CC, nodal officer and appellite authority.

I have recieved reply from Rcom mentioning that operator has rejected my request and reply from Aircel mentioning that they didnot recieved any mnp request.

I have send all the copies again on 19th feb to Trai, Dot and all mails id of operators but till now no reply from operators.

Recieved call from nodal officers of Rcom and Aircel on 23rd of Feb

Aircel nodal officer asked me wether i want to portout , I said yes .He has told he will coordiate with nodal officer of Rcom if they can activate on their network.After taking confirmatory mail from Rcom , he deactivated completley on 24th evening

Rcom nodal officer called me again on 24th and 25th and confirmed every thing is clear they activate incoming also on their network(outgoing is already active).

From then to till now i am follwoing up with Rcom nodal officer and other people MNP dept.There is no progress.They are saying there is no problem, but no incoming.

on 3rd march again I sent mail to all including Trai and dot . Nobody responded.

only got mail from DOT saying " kindly lodge your complain on www.pgportal.gov.in.

Yesterday logded complain on www.pgportal.gov.in to DOT .Showing status as greivance recieved.

Waiting something to happen

There is no incoming on my number from 24th feb to till now

my mnp experience is 50-50...one from vodafone to tata was gud but the one from rcdma to airtel is worst..the porting still has been not been done while the airtel ARC says tht the dealer hasnt forwarded the request....the ARC says tht its normal tht nos r taking one month to change the operator...dont know the actualities but literally it made me sweat out.....

my experience with airtel is worst...looks like thy dont need any new customer so thy didnt ported my second no till today..but m happy with tata indicom thy ported tht no within 5 days and without any fuss.....

Aircel nodal officer asked me wether i want to portout , I said yes .He has told he will coordiate with nodal officer of Rcom if they can activate on their network.After taking confirmatory mail from Rcom , he deactivated completley on 24th evening

Rcom nodal officer called me again on 24th and 25th and confirmed every thing is clear they activate incoming also on their network(outgoing is already active).

From then to till now i am follwoing up with Rcom nodal officer and other people MNP dept.There is no progress.They are saying there is no problem, but no incoming.

on 3rd march again I sent mail to all including Trai and dot . Nobody responded.

only got mail from DOT saying " kindly lodge your complain on www.pgportal.gov.in.

Yesterday logded complain on www.pgportal.gov.in to DOT .Showing status as greivance recieved.

Finall incoming is activated yesterday

After loDging complain on www.pgportal.gov.in also there is no effect.

I was talking to Aircel nodal officer and Reliance nodal officer daily.

FINALLY MY NUMBER GOT INCOMING ACTIVATED YESTERDAY AFTER 48 DAYS

• Like 1

I am happy and relieved to hear the news.

I appreciate your persistence and untiring effort on the subject.

+10 for you....

Kudos to you....It's the way to go.....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Finall incoming is activated yesterday

After loDging complain on www.pgportal.gov.in also there is no effect.

I was talking to Aircel nodal officer and Reliance nodal officer daily.

FINALLY MY NUMBER GOT INCOMING ACTIVATED YESTERDAY AFTER 48 DAYS

48 days..whoa...U hv a lot of patience...mine weared off in a little above 25 days and i said f*** off to airtel gius :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: .....

some news for delhi guys..

yesterday i got a call from reliance (08043244000), a lady confirmed my name and asked whether I have sent any mail to telecomtalk regarding MNP problem ?

I wondered (how can reliance go to this level) and sais yes, then she transferred my call to Marketing head (delhi) Mr. Rahul.

I was just telling him that ur network is in so bad condition thats why I want to port out, immediately the call dropped and no signal in phone for a moment.

that guy again call me (I think he then understand what is my problem), and told me that I will look at the matter, if i failed in retaining you, give a port out request to any network, u wont face any problem again.

and his number is 9310206726.

delhi guys if u r facing any problem this guy may be helpful

previous.gif Do you seriously believe that? Do you think they are not already aware of the problem? If they wanted to do something about it, they could have done it long ago. Solving individual complaints is not the solution... when the problem is so universal. Their network (GSM at least) is in the doldrums in most places. Don't buy all that glib talk from them, lol.

agreed with that ....rgsm or rcdma ..the network is worst....

I have already stated in my previous postings that after complaining in www.pgportal.gov.in, my Airtel number had been successfully ported out to Vodafone.

Similarly when i tried to port my father and my wife's Airtel numbers, Airtel rejected them again for flimsy reason. I just simply complained in www.pgportal.gov.in. Amazingly DOT is taking action, and I received a call from DOT. The officer called me from a BSNL landline number from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. He asked if my porting problem was solved. When I said still 2 of my numbers are being unreasonally denied by Airtel, he said he will speak to them and solve it.

Later Airtel called me and apologised and asked me to give porting request again to Vodafone, since the first request was more than 20 days and they had rejected it. And magically it just took 4 days from the date of applying new request for the 2 numbers to port out to Vodafone.

Kudos to DOT.

Something is working in our country in right path.

previous.gif Well, strangely I got a call from them (PG Cell) too. That was couple of days ago. But that was for a complaint that was over one year old!! The complaint was about me not able to reach certain STD Voda numbers from my RGSM. I had to tell him to close the complaint if he wants, as I do not call those numbers anymore, and so cannot check if the problem is solved. And that besides, I hardly use my RGSM anymore, due to various issues. He said ok and hung up. Edited by raccoon

^^^ Der aayee, durust aayee...

I ported My tata indicom number to airtel. Applied on 7-mar-11. got a call from Tata on 4th day "why u want to port your number" i told them lack of good handsets is only the main reason.

Number is fully working with airtel since 15-mar-11. i even got 3g activated the same day.

Thanx DOT for giving cutomer the right to choose.