Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

Airtel Money

Still Carrying Hard Cash, Switch To Airtel Money

Bharti airtel today announced the launch of airtel money India’s first mobile wallet service airtel money will provide millions of airtel customers across the country with a convenient and secure way of making payments through the ubiquitous mobile platform.

Now available in Gurgaon, the service will soon be launched across several other key cities in India in a phased manner.

In Gurgaon, airtel has already established partnerships with several merchants (including coffee shops, restaurants etc) to accept payments via airtel money – which will gradually be scaled up to over 3,000 merchants across the city.

How to use airtel money?

· Register by filling in the application form and submitting KYC documents (2 photocopies of proof-of-identity, 1 copy of proof-of-address and a passport size photograph).

·After the above, your existing airtel SIM will be upgraded to the new 64K airtel SIM with airtel money.

·Activate your airtel money account by choosing your MPIN.

·Load cash into your airtel money account by visiting your nearest airtel retailer

· You are now ready to send commands through the airtel money application on your phone and transact anytime, anywhere!

To know more about airtel money, customers can dial 12121 (toll free) from their airtel mobile phones and get started. For more information, non-airtel mobile customers can dial 8800012121

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/still-carrying-hard-cash-switch-to-airtel-money/55567/

Kudos to Airtel for being the first operator to introduce semi-closed wallet.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Official link :: http://www.airtelmoney.in/

Edited by kesav

cant replace cash....

we, human sometimes lost so much in technology that it bounced us back. just sharing some incidents :

I am too quite addicted of using my visa cards for shopping or online bills paying/recharging.

once I was in mall with wife not having even 100 Rs cash (just thought mall... no need of cash as all the merchants are having card payment machines). went shopping went to Mcdonalds, ordered and give my card for payment. I was surprised McD dont have card payment system. absolutely no. what an embarassment situation.

another incident : I used to recharge my d2h online. Was outstation for some days, in the meantime my balance of d2h became negative. try recharging it online but server down, tried for 2 days and finally server up but to my shock by some reason recharge failed, money deducted from my account. two days without TV and after that money deducted and still no TV. then went to shop on 3rd day buy a coupon and then I got my transmission back.

^^^

Amit Bhai......in sabke baad....bhabhi se jo gaaliyaan padi hongi woh alag se...... :P

J/k.

BTW you are right, sometimes these so called plastic money or mobile money, can't replace cash at all.

Gosh, one can't even trust them with small time pre-paid balances. Only a bafoon would trust them with more cash?! ohmy.gif

Beware guys, you may suddenly find your loaded monies vaporised and find that it was deducted when Mr. Mittal went shopping... or if hes in a nicer mood, he'll just decide to buy something on your behalf (hes a big man, please don't bother him with your petty preferences) and have it shipped it to you, just like they way he activates unwanted services on your mobiles and keeps shrinking your balance. happy.gif

Satire aside, the idea isn't even remotely attractive. They charge money for paying bills and stuff. Now why would one want to pay when one can do it absolutely free thru other modes of payment? Not only absolutely free, one also gets couple or so % discount for paying say BSNL bills online. Some credit cards give even more as cash back.

Edited by raccoon

Question is would you really trust Airtel with your money?

Atleast I wont, maybe because I have one too many money related issues with Airtel!

Gosh, one can't even trust them with small time pre-paid balances. Only a bafoon would trust them with more cash?!

Actually Raccoon bhai, there are too many rich people who use to give the 1000Rs notes to their child for making paper ship and use them on water... For them, this is a very very great offer... Instead of wasting the 1000Rs note one by one slowly, they can do it all at once using Airtel MONEY... :rofl_200:

previous.gifContento.gif

Its ironical that small time pickpockets are rounded up, but the bigger ones in tuxedos like Mr. Mittal are supposed to be respectable and conduct their petty pickpocketing business on such a grand scale, unhindered and without fear of any kind of penalty.

Edited by raccoon

Gosh, one can't even trust them with small time pre-paid balances. Only a bafoon would trust them with more cash?!

I cant help but second that!

Then they will start activating one VAS after another without your consent and once your phone balance is over, deduct from your phone-wallet. I am sure there would be a clause in little font to this effect in the terms and conditions.

The idea is good but depends on implementation, similar has been implemented in first world countries already. Major telecommunication operator came up with something called ewallet which created a virtual wallet for a customer's broadband, voice and any other VAS services. It was a converged real time billing system. If done properly it is good but the concerns raised in this post show it will not work here.

Will share a thing which happened with this due to fault in the code. The customer tried to recharge for 5 rupees for 5 times, out of which 4 times he did not get confirmation SMS due to network issue, note that transaction was processed but confirmation SMS was not sent. Then the customer tried for 5th time and got confirmation SMS. Instead of getting confirmation for 5*5 25 rupees, the system fault debited his account with 5^5 3125 rupees.

Going by the comments given here, Airtel will be inspired and leave many such faults in the code.

^^ Be a responsible and considerate Citizen, Don't Give Airtel Such Innovative Ideas for further corporatising their loot....Lolz

previous.gif Main difference is that Giftmate isn't charging for recharging or paying bills or anything else, as far as I know.

Airtel is charging money - convenience charge!

Airtel Money seems to be a mobile only platform thru special app. Giftmate can be done thru broswer on desktop/lappy and maybe even thru mobile browser. Or do they have a better way to do it thru mobile? In any case I'd prefer to do it on comp anyday. Mobile transaction is useful only when travelling.

I find Giftmate quite unreliable in the sense that almost all my transactions have failed 1st time in the recent past and I have to repeat them which is extremely irritating. But they have always refunded. In Airtel I have zero trust... lets just not talk about refunds. dry.gif

Edited by raccoon

^^^

Ya Raccoon Bhai, I do remember your Giftmate failed transaction discussion. At that time, Giftmate was offering some Rs.25/- extra on Rs.100/- for mobile recharges I think. :)

Your transaction on Idea Prepaid was successful for the first time and was declined in the second time because Idea was not in their list. Your Tata Sky recharge was too unsuccessful due to which you was unable to watch TV for 3 days. :P

Arey yaar, woh poora thread yaad aa gaya....shayad Saurav ne start kiya tha. :)

Airtel Money Service Now in Chennai

Bharti Airtel today announced the launch of its mCommerce service Airtel money in Chennai.

In 2010 Airtel was granted the license to use the Semi Closed Wallet by the Reserve Bank of India.

Airtel Money offers customers to make cashless payments through the mobile phone in a fast, easy and secure manner.

As an introductory and limited period offer, current Airtel mobile and DTH customers can now use airtel money to make payments and benefit from the following exclusive offers.

To ensure wide acceptance of payments through airtel money, the company has established deep partnerships with over 750 prominent merchants across Chennai.

Airtel customers will be able to pay bills, shop and make payments at these outlets without worrying about the need to carry cash or change.

Customers will also be entitled to special discounts and schemes that will be applicable exclusively for transactions made through airtel money.

·Prepaid – Special talktime offers on recharge denominations of Rs. 75 and Rs. 99 through airtel money

·Postpaid – 5% discount on bill value upon payment via airtel money.

·DTH – 5% extra value on recharge of greater than Rs. 500 for airtel money payments.

source:: http://telecomtalk.info/airtel-money-service-now-in-chennai/65928/

In a competing move,Nokia plans pan India coverage for e-wallet

Handset maker Nokia is looking for a pan India coverage for its Nokia Money, the mobile payment services enabling consumers to pay directly from their Nokia mobile phones in India, a top official said.

"We are now planning for a pan India coverage for our Nokia Money this year," Nokia Mobile Financial Services Director, Gerhard Romen told media.

The e-wallet services of the firm is currently available in Mumbai , Delhi National Capital Region (NCR), Nasik, Pune, Chennai and Chandigarh and the company will soon commence its operations in Surat, Baroda, Rajkot, Lucknow, Kanpur, Kochi and Kozhikode, he said.

An e-wallet is like a physical wallet that enables users to make electronic transactions quickly and securely, without cash.

"Earlier people were shocked to think that your phone could have a camera, but now everyone uses a camera phone. Similarly in a couple of years it will be a wallet in your phone," he sid enthusing optimism.

"We are still discussing with other banks for the facility, but I can not give you any names at this time," he said.

Nokia Money Services allows mobile phone users to transfer money to another person by using the person''s mobile phone number and also top up the prepaid card or pay utility bills.

Nokia's e-wallet allows its customers to have up to Rs 50,000 in cash in their mobile phones, as per the directive from the Reserve Bank of India.

Romen added his service was simpler than others as you just had to transfer the money by selecting the person in your contacts and by entering the amount to be transferred, and does not require any mobile money ID number.

The services can be accessed even in non-Nokia handsets by the interactive voice response system, but would require the transferor and the transferee to be registered on the Nokia services system.

The service is offered over a Mobile Payment platform developed by Obopay which receives its funding from Nokia, AllianceBernstein, Essar Telecom USA, Onset Ventures, Qualcomm, Redpoint Ventures, Richmond Management and Wolfensohn & Co.

Romen declined to give the firm's investment detail in India, but said Nokia Money was launched for the first time in the country because it has 1.2 billion people and over 800 million mobile subscribers. He added that the reach of the service has now equalled the population of Kenya.

On Nokia's financial services being launched in other countries, he said they are considering a few countries, but declined to give the locations.

source :: http://telecomtiger.com/Corporate_fullstory.aspx?storyid=11422&flag=1&passfrom=topstory&section=S162