Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

BSNL Launches Zero Rental Broadband Plan

BSNL launches Zero Rental Broadband Plan

State run telecom PSU and market leader in broadband services BSNL has introduced a new broadband plan which comes with zero monthly rental. It is basically pay per use kind of plan where no freebies are offered and customer is charged for usage only. Data download charges under this plan will be Re 1/MB till 1GB and 20p/MB thereafter and speed under this plan is 256Kbps. This plan has been introduced to attract BSNL customers who have surrendered their broadband connection although existing customers can also migrate to this plan. Customers of this plan will be migrated to BSNL’s existing BBG 250 plan or any other regular plan after six months which means that this plan is available for six months period only. It is promotional plan till 31st March 2011.

post-8210-0-29187000-1297179743_thumb.jp

Courtesy : Teleguru

Charge @ 1Rs/1Mb is pretty hefty, bandwidth is being limited at 256kbps and no popular benefits like night unlimited.

:Equivocado:

Will only suit the users having minimal internet usage needs.

Regular plans will still work out cheaper for those looking at 500Mb + in a month.

Can be good for Back Connection though

I dont think that this plan will work out for BSNL

It's lovely plan for broadband starters.

I feel BSNL should have introduced this plan quite long back.

Most Indians have taste and take mentality instead of hear/read and take. You could see this in most sweet&spicy stalls.

I hope BSNL can convert most of their land-line only customers to broadband customers through this plan slowly.

MTNL Mumbai and Delhi both Offer...

DSL Trib-49. Monthly Charges Rs 49. Free Data 200MB. Additional Data Rs 1 Per MB. Download Speed Upto 2 Mbps

BSNL Should give something similar...

fact is this plan is not for us, but for our parents or parents of our parents who seldom needs internet....

But it could be 50p/MB! For minimal users 1GB for Rs 250 is best! Speed is also 2Mbps!

Too expensive for what it is. For Rs.200 odd per month you get 2GB at 2Mbps!

@inception and @Rajan, I feel this plan will fail miserably even if the rent is around Rs. 10.

The goal of this plan is to convert reluctant lanline-only users to broadband users.

It immediately coverts all the landline-only users to broadband users who owns modem at zero cost.

Hypothesis::

Assume that I'm not interested in broadband due to its recurring cost.

I'm ignorant about the benefits of e-services and e-life.

One of my relatives visits my house. While the time was passing over the chit chat, he gets a call and so he urgently wants to book a ticket through his laptop which he had carried.

With the help of this plan he books e-ticket in front of me thus arising curiosity in me.

I browse sporadically to get the feel of internet and try to understand what my relative did.

If user experience enthralls me, obviously I'll subscribe to Rs. 250 plan listed below to start my broadband life forever.

http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_Standalone_lim.htm

Edited by kesav