Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

BSNL Revises its Data Tariffs for 2G & 3G Plans

BSNL revises its data tariffs for 2G & 3G plans

No More Unlimited

State run telecom PSU BSNL has revised its data charges for its 2G and 3G customers. It has increased its data download charges for prepaid and postpaid customers in 2G as well 3G plans. It will now be charging 2p/10KB from the earlier 1p/10KB in home as well as in roaming which means now Rs 2/MB will be charged for data downloads. It has also revised its data usage limits in one GPRS postpaid plan and one 3G postpaid plan and added a new 3G postpaid plan 2G Postpaid plan of Rs 249 which was unlimited earlier will now have free data usage of 6GB usage only. Similarly postpaid 3G plan of Rs 1359 which was unlimited earlier will now have free data usage of 15 GB only. 3G postpaid plans of Rs 2720 has been added which will offer 35GB free data usage for a month. These rates will be applicable from 18th Feb 2011. BSNL offers free data usage in home as well in roaming networks.

2G & 3G postpaid data tariff plans

bsnl-piostpaid1.jpg

2G & 3G prepaid data tariff plans

bsnl-3G-prepaid.jpg

The prepaid coupons mentioned above will increase both main and dedicated account validity by 30 days.

Courtesy : Teleguru

:previous: yeh to hona hi tha.. :angry: thankfully i have got 3g unlimited @ Rs. 4200.00 on my number & unlimited 2g @ Rs. 1299.00 (both for 180 days) on another number... :P umeed hai ye chalte rahenge.. :wacko:

edit : checked the website. Its not yet updated.. :Decepcionado:

Edited by aalok

:previous:

I am very sad although it is expected after seeing foolish 3G plans from private operators......

This is really disappointing especially for 3G subscribers. It matters little whether the unlimited usage cap for 2G is revised to 6GB or not, as it is next to impossible to cross 6GB usage with the current state of connectivity that BSNL offers on GPRS/EDGE. But the withdrawal of unlimited usage for 3G subscribers is a real blow.

3g data was supposed to be costly...

blame it on 3g autions... 2g scam... raja and kanimozhi valentines day special.. ok not the last one.. ;)

• Like 1

Wow... The paise of pvt players has reached the pockets of the lazy @$$ BSNL higher officials or uncle sam atleast...

Now the only weapon of BSNL was snatched... Way to go BSNL... Go and FU©K y0urself please...

The bl00dy beggars has repeated what they have done earlier with the copying of 1.2p/sec thingy from pvt operators... Well, due to lack of faith in them only I have already got the 6 months UnLimited plan.. But their 3G speed BJ (su©ks) anyway...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

thankfully, the lifetime tariff validity SIMs would continue to enjoy the same base tariff.

but this was expected sooner or later.

Now say thanks to MNP

and move out of BSNL.

and congrats to lucky guys who is having Rs4200 plan.

also old customer who are using RS2500/month unlimited plan.

Atleast I am lucky as I am using 3G data base tariff of 1p/10KB (Rs1/MB still continuing) with Local/STD/Roaming voice calls @ 49p/min and Roaming-STD video calls at Rs1/min...

But the removal of Rs4200/6 months plan is disappointing, atleast they should continue with 60GB/6 months for that Rs4200 STV...

:previous:

Now those begg@ars have ALSO SNATCHED THE DEFAULT 1p/10KB BENEFIT FROM OLD CUSTOMERS ALSO... NOW OLD AND NEW CUSTOMERS HAVE THE NEW BASE TARIFF OF 2p/10KB :angry: Is TRAI dead???

I am relying more on TI's EVDO these days.. The base tariff is just 50p/1Mb which can be effectively reduced to 30p/1Mb with their HSIA packs - Rs.320 for 1Gb, Rs.94 for 350Mb, etc. Though the PeaK speed is a bit lackluster, stability and coverage is excellent.

Heavy download is through BSNL home broadband :D

^^ Ipad Sim - no one knows this in Raipur BSNL office - how to get it - is it pre booking or some thing

Edited by Genius

To my understanding, you can activate this plans on your normal SIM also.

^^ let me know just called 1500 tey dont know and asked to call 15003 there no one knew

let me knwo how to get it activated in a new sim