Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raccoon

Docomo Formally Joins Airtel Cheater's Club?

Besides my various other issues with Docomo, forgot to mention that couple days ago, when I attempted to log into my a/c on the Docomo site, instead of seeing my account, I found myself looking into the account of some user in MP!!

Could see all his details, called numbers, etc., etc. You can also make some changes and activate/deactivate stuff from there! Now question is, if this can happen to me, it means someone somewhere may even have been given access to my account!! Confuso.gif

What kind of rubbish systems do these guys use?

If you have proof of this do complain to TRAI and DOT, data privacy is of paramount importance. Sue them for a good sum.

Besides my various other issues with Docomo, forgot to mention that couple days ago, when I attempted to log into my a/c on the Docomo site, instead of seeing my account, I found myself looking into the account of some user in MP!!

Could see all his details, called numbers, etc., etc. You can also make some changes and activate/deactivate stuff from there! Now question is, if this can happen to me, it means someone somewhere may even have been given access to my account!! Confuso.gif

What kind of rubbish systems do these guys use?

That is a serious shortfall and raises privacy concerns. Do pursue the matter and complain.

@digital and Karthik - I only have a screenshot of that user's account as proof. It clearly shows his number, account balance, all the numbers he has called along with duration, etc., etc.

You guys really think TRAI and DoT will bat an eyelid about this kind of thing?

It definitely raises serious privacy concerns, but who is listening?

Edited by raccoon

previous.gif Hmm ok, will consider it when I'm on my desktop. Don't have the screenshot on this lappy...

Update : Their gprs connection have deteriorated over the past four days. The data connection gets snapped between 7 pm and 5 am and one is left in the dark. Speed still steady at 15kBps.

previous.gif Here it seems to have improved after all the fuss I made. Touches 120 kbps when its in a good mood, lol. Latency is still quite high though. Anyway, now I don't care much or even check, as I have WiFi at home. So now its useful for me only when I'm out...

Meanwhile, I'v been keeping tabs on my usage as reported by Docomo and what NetSentry reports on phone. Surprisingly I find Netsentry reporting bit more than Docomo! Don't know which one is correct. Checked several times because I did not want to falsely accuse Docomo of robbing me (next to impossible, because I would have know thru other means also, if so much data was being transferred). So in short their claim of me using up over 1 GB in 10 days is absolute nonsense, for sure. Whether they did this deliberately or due to some glitch in their half-baked systems is the only thing open to speculation.

Meanwhile, I would like to ask other Android users if the data reported by their apps. corresponds very closely (if not exactly) to what is reported by the telco. If yes, which app(s) is/are the most reliable?

Edited by raccoon

Docomo strikes again!! Lotted me of about Rs. 35.

Actually, I inserted the SIM in a replacement handset and wanted to check if I can access the net. The default browser loaded up their drive-in site or something. Barely glanced thru and and exited the browser. Later in the day when I checked balance it was some 30 - 40 bux less than what it should have been.

Called up CC to be told that I have downloaded some Bollywood game! :Ohhhh: I told him I don't think I'v lost it yet and I never have and never will download such things. He took a complaint. Now, approx. 48 hours later, they credited Rs. 30 back to my account.

Skip noting the balance once, and you risk getting ripped off anytime on whatever pretext! :angry: I can't be sure if this happened by me just starting the default browser, but it seems more than likely...

Edited by raccoon

They are all the same. Do not forget that Airtel has supplied (or has been raided for) a significant part of the personnel to all of them, so habits die hard. It is not a matter of logic but of character!

Around 10 days back - I recharged with Rs 41 STV that enables 30 ps STD. Since the offer was lucrative I just jumped on to it.

Next day they started charging some arbitrary amounts. When I tried call the Customer Care - I could not reach them.

No matter what number I dial - 121, 198 - eventually I get to hear - " Please dial *121# to start and stop services .. followed by an sms which says the same thing.

I wrote a emails to them. No resolulation came.

I wrote an email to Nodal officer. They replied me asking me - when it got deducted. How much. How many calls.

Bloody that is your job. I am fed up.

I just sent the message to port my number. Period.

Highly frustrating. Bharti in the long run will perish.

PS: I experienced a minimum of 10-15 call drops/day on Airtel network ( Cochin, NGO Quarters Area, Kakkanad)- past one month I am using it.

They are all the same. Do not forget that Airtel has supplied (or has been raided for) a significant part of the personnel to all of them, so habits die hard. It is not a matter of logic but of character!

I would not say all are same. Why I am repeating this again is because if people believe this and think it normal , these practices will become the order of the day and people will just accept this as an unavoidable evil.

As per my personal experience, of those around me and also recent statistics presented in Parliament and sheer number of complaints online, there can be no doubt that AirHELL is the biggest looter by far. Also, in my experience, AirtHELL has never refunded anything.

On the other hand Docomo has in fact refunded more than what they had taken. Of course I am in no way trying to justify their looting. But If you have to choose, at least choose the lesser evil. AirHELL is the most evil by far, and now followed by RCom, it seems.

In contrast, with Idea (Mah), I have not noted a single case of looting in more than 4 years. Very roughly put, all others fall somewhere in between.

Edited by raccoon

As I can see above, last time they looted me was 19 May, 2011. Today, June 9, they try their luck once again.

Rs. 3 vanished from my balance.

They (customer care) allege I have downloaded an image of PRIYANKY CHOPRA (whoever that is) in the morning!! Confuso.gif My data connection was not even active in the morning.

This time I am attaching a picture of my account statement where it shows as 2GAmazingPriyankaCALL.

Anybody who thinks that Tata companies and ethics are synonymous and all that seriously needs to do some rethinking.

Docomo and Mr. Tata, this is really, really shameless!! Daylight robbery, and that too early in the morning itself! mad.gif I can see that your resolve and commitment in competing with AirHELL.

post-1218-0-25202900-1307566703_thumb.jp

Edited by raccoon

^^^

Thats really disappointing Raccoon Bhai. TATA people too trying to loot their subscribers through such tactics. :(

Even TataCDMA has charged Rs50 for some game download in TataZone in my mom's OMH phone with ordinary RUIM... But when I just called the tata-head, they immediately waived off Rs60 (instead of Rs50)...

But still, yes... I too agree that "Anybody who thinks that Tata companies and ethics are synonymous and all that seriously needs to do some rethinking."

Even TataCDMA has charged Rs50 for some game download in TataZone in my mom's OMH phone with ordinary RUIM... But when I just called the tata-head, they immediately waived off Rs60 (instead of Rs50)...

But still, yes... I too agree that "Anybody who thinks that Tata companies and ethics are synonymous and all that seriously needs to do some rethinking."

They just returned the Rs. 3 they stole.

Nice waste of time for Rs. 3... keeping track, calling CC, writing email...

Docomo, when shalt thou strike next? :angry:

TATA Docomo strikes yet again!!!

Sab Se Bol pack. Activated 8 July, 2010 at 7:07 pm.

According to customer care, they deactivated it on 27 June, 2011, as, according to them 1 year was up. Ohhhh.gif

And after that, they started deducting data charges from my balance! mad.gif

Luckily, have hardly been using GPRS/EDGE on my phone lately, so the amount is small.

No question of error on my side. I even have the pack activation confirmation SMS on my SIM, which bears the above date and time. Plus I had noted in my diary and set a reminder for the same, so they can't pull a fast one on me, when the pack genuinely runs out, and they don't inform me.

Absolutely disgusting goings on within a Tata group company. Maybe Mr. Tata is in dire straights? How about we set up a charity fund for him so that he stops looting petty cash this way? Or maybe he can't count when the year is up. In which case we could finance his education in some adult education center.

Recently, TRAI has come out with new regulation that prevents operators from starting VAS service without explicit consent. For sure telcos like AirHELL and Tata Docomo will resort to these new kind of tactics to make up for it.

Edited by raccoon

who said tata group is ethical ?

they are as ordinary as others not less single inches...

most of the tata products has beed criticised since ages.

previous.gif Many people believe that Tata is the most ethical business group around. The comment was meant for them.

Sue Mr. Tata and sue Ranbir Kapoor for keeping it simple silly.

As far as I remember according to docomo ad campaign spot a mistake and bill will be free.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I am using tata docomo since long time Few days back I saw that3 was deducted from my account I sent sms CALL to 111 but got no details

Today I logged into my account and saw that3 had been deducted for 3G AmazingmodelCall (whatever is that) with no call duration as you can see in the attached image

Does anybody knows what is this I do not want to ask the CC post-340-0-70839600-1310110435_thumb.jpg

I am using tata docomo since long time Few days back I saw that3 was deducted from my account I sent sms CALL to 111 but got no details

Today I logged into my account and saw that3 had been deducted for 3G AmazingmodelCall (whatever is that) with no call duration as you can see in the attached image

Does anybody knows what is this I do not want to ask the CC post-340-0-70839600-1310110435_thumb.jpg

Dude, haven't you seen the screen shot I posted above? Your case seems almost similar. Rather than getting into what it is (what it is is broad daylight looting) just shoot mails/call Nodal/Appellate desk and demand a refund. Considering posting on Docomo's Facebook page too. At this rate, they should be giving compensation too. mad.gif If you don't do it, you will be encouraging them to keep doing it.

Edited by raccoon

Sorry dude, I saw your post after I posted this

Anyways I called the CC but could not talk to the CC exec I listened to my balance and call details and they sent me 2 sms

In one it was showing I have free gprs balance of 924960.0 KB valid till 30/07/2011

In second it was saying free gprs balance of 1046860.0 valid till 29/07/2011

I have not subscribed to GPRS packs and do not use it on this number also

When I send sms as BAL to 111 it does not show any gprs balance

previous.gif Calling CC will get you nowhere. They choose only the finest retards. Mostly they won't even take a complaint and will keep repeating like a tape recorder that you have been charged correctly as per your plan. Edited by raccoon

Better than reliance cc. Reliance recruits the finest experts capable of make yourself feel like a retard.

:P

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ok, Tata Docomo strikes once again.

My tariff is 1p/2s (local) using some voucher. Suddenly I noticed 2 instances where they charged 1p/s. On complaining they called me and told me its because they were landline numbers. True. But the plan clearly says 1p/2s to all local numbers. The guy tells me they have changed the plan and the tariff benifit will be applicable to other local mobile numbers only. And as a GOODWILL gesture he offered to credit the extra amount back to my account. mad.gif

Since they have suddenly changed their terms and conditions without informing subscribers in any way, this most certainly amounts to open cheating. Even on their website it clearly says 1p/2s to all local numbers (and this was true until now).

Tata, how low are you going to go? You are almost down their with AIrHELL. Just keep going you will be there soon. Or perhaps thats not low enough for you?

Edited by raccoon