Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
framebuffer

Nokia 2112 For Rconnect

Hi, I am planning to buy a Nokia 2112 just for browsing the internet, and ocationally accept calls too. I want to know whether its a good deal. Is the speed of the freedom plan fine?

Thanks for your replies.

Yup, R-Connect speeds are better than dialup speeds and satisfactory.

hey dude

y do u go into buying a rim if u primarily want to surf the net

i feel the cheapest and fastest way to stay connected is by dsl

Try airtel dsl it has sm v cool deals

500 bucks a month

1 gb downloads free

speed - 256 kbps

also if u wanna call i got a airtel landline as well ... get bill of 2000 per month 1500 voice pulses free + 500 mb downloads free

Enjoy

if u wanna stick to ric they too have broadband .. and if bsnl dsl is there in ur city then that it is amazingly cheap

check it out

installing modem for 2112 cable is pain in ***. better go for samsung N191, no phone in rim can compare its speed.

installing modem for 2112 cable is pain in ***. better go for samsung N191, no phone in rim can compare its speed.

30872[/snapback]

I agree with you. The data cable is more expensive for Nokia phones. Also somehow the connection is not very stable with Nokia. It keeps dropping. I finally gave up on my Nokia 2800 and now have switched to LG 2130. It works like a dream. No dropouts, etc, etc.

Incidently I bought the USB datacable from this website!

Guys I need some serious help on Nokia 2112, for R Connect.

I purchased DKU-5 USB cable from street side. This is not the original Nokia cable but was pretty professionally packed. Costed me Rs.350.

Now I am able to connect to Nokia PC Suite.

But I am unsuccessful in installing the R Connect dialer for this cable. Seems the Driver supplied with the R Connect Dialer is for CA-42 (The newer Version in the series of Nokia Data Cables). Any clue where in Bangalore can I get local but workable CA-42 cable? Cost???

For those of you who have gone through the misery already… please share your “Gyan” with me so that I can connect to the divine world of Internet.

I have been using Lg2030 for some few years with R Connect pretty stable and fast connection.

Reason for change: MS Outlook Calendar sync capability of the cheap 2112.

Thanks

Mobile Bhai

Email: puneetk@gmail.com

Guys I need some serious help on Nokia 2112, for R Connect.

I purchased DKU-5 USB cable from street side. This is not the original Nokia cable but was pretty professionally packed.  Costed me Rs.350.

Now I am able to connect to Nokia PC Suite.

But I am unsuccessful in installing the R Connect dialer for this cable. Seems the Driver supplied with the R Connect Dialer is for CA-42 (The newer Version in the series of Nokia Data Cables). Any clue where in Bangalore can I get local but workable CA-42 cable? Cost???

For those of you who have gone through the misery already… please share your “Gyan” with me so that I can connect to the divine world of Internet.

I have been using Lg2030 for some few years with R Connect pretty stable and fast connection.

Reason for change: MS Outlook Calendar sync capability of the cheap 2112.

Thanks

Mobile Bhai

Email: puneetk@gmail.com

32080[/snapback]

Hey DKU5 shoud work to connecting r-conect. CA-42 is for tranfering data from pc to phone. try installing driver first w/o connectiing cable to PC.

or follow r-connect modem installtion process posted on forum somewhere.

CA-42 will cost u 175 in mumbai though.

Hi all, :D

I bought a NOKIA 2112 just for the sake of R connect. I bought NOKIA CA42 data cable under the guidance of NOKIA ppl, saying that this is similar to DKU5. The cable works well but no connection till now...

Now the misery is continuing. Should I go for DKU5 or is it possible with CA42. Even the Nokia care centre at Delhi says that NokiaCA42 is the one, but R-world says that its DKu5.

WHO SHOULD I BELIEVE

HELP ME PLEASE.......... :)

Borgians, Chennai.

read at the end of the manual in the accessory section where they mention the compatible list of accessories. Else visit nokia.com and view it online.

Regards,

mitul

Edited by mitul_mehta

hi all, :rolleyes:

i am also planning to buy nokia 2112 for Rconnect as well for Voice.

But after checking above messages in this forum, i am very reluctant going for Nokia 2112 for RConnect.. :(

please guide me so that i can decide whether i should take LG** or Nokia 2112 for Good RConnect Service in cheap price. Also i dont have much Choice now, since all prev models for LG has been stopped like: LGRD 2030, LGRD 2130, LGRD 2230 etc.

If any body currently running RConnect with Nokia ?

:grin:

any suggestions?

regards,

--

rahul

Hi,

I was using till yesterday LG 2130 , and from today onwards i have shifted with NOKIA 2112, initially i was very much reluctant to go for NOKIA as i use rconnect heavily. But after veryfing the technical details and some features i decided to go for 2112. I used the DKU -5 Cable which i was using for my GSM NOKIA 6610i, I did not face any problem. Regarding CA 42 and DKU 5 Cable if you are confused better have both the driver from Reliance website as well as from Nokia website, I will suggest you to download Nokia PC Suite also.

Most of the time people are making mistake while installing the driver for USB ( it should be proper and for particular operating system , if not sure try to install OEM driver). I am getting speed sometimes more than 115 Kbps which was not possible in LG RD 2130.

I hope this information will be of some help.

feel free to talk to me

Thanks

bye

It will be better if you guys could use the forum topics to communicate so that evryone can benefit. Anyway, the price can vary from Rs.3000 to Rs.3300 for Nokia 2112.

Hello All,

I just bought a Nokia 2112 and CA-42 cable and am using R-Connect on it. The speed/reliability of the connection is of a poorer quality than my previous phone and am writing to ask if anyone has any tricks to optimize the connection.

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hello All,

I just bought a Nokia 2112 and CA-42 cable and am using R-Connect on it.  The speed/reliability of the connection is of a poorer quality than my previous phone and am writing to ask if anyone has any tricks to optimize the connection.

<TOPIC MERGED!>

40644[/snapback]

HI

I am using nokia2112 for r-connect It really rocks,better than samsung191,

I get 230kb speed you have to chanege the modem speed from modem properties to 2300 the default setting is 114. also u should activate the firewall from the properties this protects sudden stopping of connection.

I some times dowloads at 16-18kbps

i am using LG2130 and i get worst speed of 3kbps

42242[/snapback]

Yes This is a very slow speed, Do you get enough signals otherwise? How is the Voice transmission? :clap:

How can you possibly get 8 - 10 kBps on a 56 kbps modem??? Even if you can connect at the rated speed ie. 56 kbps (I cant ...it usually connects around 50.6 kbps), the max you can get is 7 kBps. Possibly 8 - 10 kBps is the throughput you see while general browsing ...not while downloading a compressed file... :lol:

And thats quite a different thing...

I Get 8-10 KBPS download speed on Bsnl landline having their 399 unlimited monthly plan :clap:   :grin:   :lol:

42519[/snapback]

You cannot achieve the speed of 10KB (80 Kbps) with 56Kbps Modem. :clap:

How can you possibly get 8 - 10 kBps on a 56 kbps modem??? Even if you can connect at the rated speed ie. 56 kbps (I cant ...it usually connects around 50.6 kbps), the max you can get is 7 kBps. Possibly 8 - 10 kBps is the throughput you see while general browsing ...not while downloading a compressed file...  :)

And thats quite a different thing...

42580[/snapback]

A software like flashget downloads in general but it is the maximum speed i am getting while downloads :blink:

I currently use my LG FWP for connecting to the internet. I have a nokia 2112 and want to use the Freedom@night plan.

Is there anyone here who uses the Nokia 2112 for browsing the net? It would be really nice if you could share your experiences about it..

RConnect for me, is THE reason to have a rel phone.

<<TOPIC MERGED >> Thanks Rajan! -- Chirag

Edited by Chirag

I paid Rs.5,500 to reliance and bought Nokia 2112. And then paid 1600 to nokia and bought CA 42 cable. And then, downloaded R Connect and also Nokia PC suite etc. And I am struggling to get internet on my laptop. And I have spent hours trying to get it.

Someone please tell me the complete list of steps.

After all the modem detection etc. I get the following errors.

1) The port is already in use. And in my Windows XP Professional Device Manager, the list of ports doesnt even show up.

2) The remote computer refused connection.

3) The modem is reporting ann error.

Thanks.