Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Review: Sprint HTC EVO 3D - World's 1st (Proper) 3D Phone

Bricked my Evo 3d. Phone starts and after sprint evo 3d screen gets stuck on Sprint screen and is not booting further...

Any pointers to this or if some one has a link to stock RUU will like to have the same..

Go to boot loader and make factory reset

Parin thanks.. already tried that still the phone goes and get stuck in the sprint page.

As for me i dont have backup so cannot load an RUU.

Well then yesterday was trying s-off all the steps till step 12 are getting completed as directed.

But Step 13 where it should ask for s-off in phone on step 13 does not appear.

Not officially released on Sprint. Sprint is lagging behind a lot for updates............

Are we ever going to get ICS?

Ota or custom rom?

Ota or custom rom?

Everyone

Go and manually check for software update..

Immediately you will get notification about ICS availability..

I got the notification from sprint about the ICS availability. I went manually and got the software update. I installed the ICS which was 305 MB.

The software version is 2.89.651.2 710RD. After installing it, I am now not able to view any streaming content like YouTube, News Channels like NDTV, IBN live etc. Also the Sprint Hotspot has stopped working. The computer connects well but the website not opening. It says no internet connection available.

Can anyone help me on the above two issues? Thanks in advance.

I went manually and got the software update. After installing it, I am now not able to view any streaming content like YouTube, News Channels like NDTV, IBN live etc. Also the Sprint Hotspot has stopped working.

Can anyone help me on the above two issues? Thanks in advance.

For youtube streaming, Zero out RSTP/HTTP proxy as mentioned here >> http://www.rimweb.in..._45#entry237026

For WiFi Hotspot, use this app >> https://play.google....S50ZXRoZXIiXQ..

You need to be rooted for using it.

In Settings of App, change Device-Profile to Generic ICS, enable MSS Clampting & routing Fix.

Guys, I just downloaded the official update for my sprint Evo 3D, is there anything to take care in particular before starting the update ? Will it interfere with reliance network settings ? my phone is not rooted

Go ahead, it wont tinker with network settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Its been two weeks since I upgraded to ICS... Since I was Go Launcher user.. I dont find any big difference or advantage of update..

Performance has slowed down

No change in battery life..

If I could downgrade.. I would do that

As per HTC fan page on FB.. .Evo 3d will get JB update by end of the year..

Dear All,

Any idea how to remove Hands Free Activation app for HTC EVo V 4G (Virgin).

facing 1x connection issue bcoz Virgin auto activation process changing data connection setting.

checked System/App for Activation.apk but not found.

Update: 1x working after removing activation apps DSS4306.apk & vdmc.apk.

Reprogramming required to restore setting.(always note down MIN before re-program)

Always backup before removing any System apps.

I have purchased HTC evo 3d unlocked for reliance. Also I have transferred my number in handset. But my data connection neither default 2g or evo is working. Also I am unable to send sms. I am getting error code 98 saying that data connection can not be established.

Please anyone tell me the procedure to enable data connection on my handset.

for data use dump file

but for sending normal sms u dont require data connection

• Like 1

one more victim of "No Display" on HTC EVO 3D.. :ranting: Me.. :bash: Any pointers to fix the issue.. :sos:

^^^

What did you do before getting this ?

It was being used by my wife.. she forgot to charge it day before and it was discharged and switched off.. when she put on charger, after sometimes, when she tried to switch it ON, the soft touch buttons lit up, but no display on screen.. :(

It was being used by my wife.. she forgot to charge it day before and it was discharged and switched off.. when she put on charger, after sometimes, when she tried to switch it ON, the soft touch buttons lit up, but no display on screen.. :(

can you hear phone startup sound ? also you can check in bright light if you can see any display at all.

also boot in bootloader and see if you get display

one more victim of "No Display" on HTC EVO 3D.. :ranting: Me.. :bash: Any pointers to fix the issue.. :sos:

This is a known bug with some versions of Evo 3D. When the battery is completely discharged, the phone will no longer recognize the battery & charge it despite it being put on charger. Some say it also happens when CWM recovery is installed which does not charge the battery when the phone is shut off. Apparently this looks like a display problem but it's not and phone does not start because battery has no juice left.
Try the following methods one by one to let the phone charge the battery again. Any of this methods has worked for many.
  • Pull out battery, press the power button for 15 second with battery out, put battery back in phone. Let it charge and then try to turn on.
  • Pull out battery and put back in, set switch for 3D to 2D, plug in power cable, hold camera button and then power button.
  • For this method, you'll need HTC drivers installed on PC, Android SDK OR adb command executable. Remove battery & put it back in. Connect phone with PC. Open Command Prompt window, go to ADB folder & type adb reboot-bootloader. Phone should charge, let it do that for half an hour and restart.
  • If you have external charger, try charging the battery in that.
PS: Faced the same issue earlier & tried all the above methods. None worked & finally issue was resolved after replacing the battery but i was on earlier version of firmware then.
  • Like 2

I have seen this same issue on my brother evo 3d and evo design.

no display but phone gets on as it rings when called and if you do the regular gesture it even connects for talking.

replaced display with original parts on evo 3d still no solution.

this seems like over heating due to whatever reason and logic board fault

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2