Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vb86

Nokia 6225 Review!

whats the price of orignal DKU-5 and DKU-2 data cable

Hi Himanshu!

Wht price of cable u r getting, share with us?

Thanks and Take Care!

48403[/snapback]

Hi Rajan

One shop is offering the cable Rs.1780 n the other is at Rs.350.I know that the latter one is not original but how can i know that the former one is original. Also if both can do same work efficiently then y should i spend RS. 1780. :(

I think nokia original cable directly communicate with USB driver (assuming because i dont used that) but duplicate cable integrated with serial to USB circuit & driver or converter(vice versa).

Guys just found this webpage on the internet about reliance india

http://www.air-amplifier.in/62251.htm

as tyou can see reliance has restricted the sms to 160 chars.

140 Maximum Size for MO SMS Text 160

also note

141 Maximum SPC Failure Attempts 50

after 50 wrong attempt of SPC the phone will be blocked

AT Commands

516 Response to AT+GCAP Command Option 1 - IS-707-A

< All Posts Merged >

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hi Himanshu!

Thanks and Take Care!

48403[/snapback]

Hi Rajan

One shop is offering the cable Rs.1780 n the other is at Rs.350.I know that the latter one is not original but how can i know that the former one is original. Also if both can do same work efficiently then y should i spend RS. 1780. :unsure:

48484[/snapback]

I bought a CA-42 cable for Rs. 1740/-, and have been getting an error 'No such interface supported' while running Nokia PC Suite 5.22 on Win ME. I have tried everything from installing and re-installing in various sequences the Nokia s/w and cable drivers but to no avail. Can someone help here?

Also, the phone is detected as a modem properly, so web browsing is Ok.

TIA,

Simran

@simran Download & Install Nokia_PC_Suite_66_rel_18 version .It Would definately solve ur problem but it works on windows xp.

Hi Himanshu!

Thanks and Take Care!

48403[/snapback]

Hi Rajan

One shop is offering the cable Rs.1780 n the other is at Rs.350.I know that the latter one is not original but how can i know that the former one is original. Also if both can do same work efficiently then y should i spend RS. 1780. :lol:

48484[/snapback]

I bought a CA-42 cable for Rs. 1740/-, and have been getting an error 'No such interface supported' while running Nokia PC Suite 5.22 on Win ME. I have tried everything from installing and re-installing in various sequences the Nokia s/w and cable drivers but to no avail. Can someone help here?

Also, the phone is detected as a modem properly, so web browsing is Ok.

TIA,

Simran

48863[/snapback]

u bought the wrong one. Its DKU-5 cable which is written in user' guide

getting an error 'No such interface supported' while running Nokia PC Suite 5.22 on Win ME.

Hi,

It is a error with the baud rate setting. Try to decrease the baud rate setting of ur modem device or cable. to do this use following steps.

1. Right click on My Computer and Click on Properties. Click on Device Manager.

2. Double Click on modem, u r using, to open modem properties.

3. In modem properties, decrease the Port speed one by one and check the PC Suit.

4. If there is also CA 42 option, also check it, if it also contain speed parameter, Please decrease it.

5. This problem is basically related to baud rate of phone and ur computer.

It may solve ur problem. Share ur exp with us. Keep posting at Rimweb.

Thanks and Take Care!

PS: U may face some problem, in above step. Because i never used Windows ME. Just try to decrease the baud rate.

Guys just found this webpage on the internet about reliance india

http://www.air-amplifier.in/62251.htm

as tyou can see reliance has restricted the sms to 160 chars.

140    Maximum Size for MO SMS Text      160

also note

141      Maximum SPC Failure Attempts      50

after 50 wrong attempt of SPC the phone will be blocked

AT Commands     

516      Response to AT+GCAP Command      Option 1 - IS-707-A

< All Posts Merged >

<TOPIC MERGED!>

48547[/snapback]

is this any help guys???????

RAJAN I think his web browsing is ok (as mentioned by him) then nothing to do with modem settings. ;)

RAJAN I think his web browsing is ok (as mentioned by him) then nothing to do with modem settings. :)

49092[/snapback]

U r right. I think, it is better to change the connection speed of cable (i.e. Baud Rate). Some times, old NOKIA PC Suite software's did not give response if there is some mismatch between baudrate of phone and modem.

I already solved this type problem No such interface supported of one person, Who are using an infrared connection through nokia. He also getting same problem. He can connect to net through its infrared connection but unable to connect to PC Suit through this. When he decrease the speed of infrared port to minimum some amount, his problem got solved. I don't remember phone model but he is using PC Suite 5.22 with Windows 98.

So i advice him to decrease the speed of modem. It may also port speed. Because i think, this all happend due to connection speed mismatch.

More comment are invites!

Thanks and Take Care!

For Pc Suite It has nothing to do with Connection speed.It Only works with Interface & supported driver Either USB to Serial Converter Or Generic Interface.Infrared is another case different to USB or SERIAL INterface & working.

What will be the reason i will go with my comment. I think there is some problem related to interface. It may solved through this method. I think we will have to wait for response of simran. After that we can say something about this issue.

Thanks and Take Care!

PS:R ur problem related to "n my case neither DKU-5 Nor CA-42 worked" is solved. If yes please share ur exp with us. Wht u think abt ur problem.

neither DKU-5 Nor CA-42.this problem is rather with my nokia 6255 model neither it's Infrared worked nor cable connectivity worked It is d problem with my piece.

DO u know somethin about the FEATURE CODE in NETWORK SERVICES in 6225

49399[/snapback]

The feature code is related to store a code for the future use. I don't know whether reliance support this feature or not. Becuase this feature is Network Dependent.

This services are Call Farwording, Call waiting. In this a Faeture code is provide by network, in our case it is relaince. U store this code in Menu > Settings > Network services > Network feature setting. It will help u to activate and deactivate the above feature. But there is no information about this service by reliance. U can try your self, but be cautious, use of Call Farwording Service is chargeable. U can try call waiting, no charge apply. The Call Waiting activation code is *311 and deactivation code is *312.

Don't know whether they are working or not. Becuase i don't have this handset.

Share ur exp with us.

Thanks and Take Care!

EDIT:

Network Service:

Call Forwarding for all Calls Feature Code (NAM 1)

Cancel Call Forwarding for all Calls Feature Code (NAM 1)

Call Forwarding for All Calls Feature Code (NAM 2)

Cancel Call Forwarding for All Calls Feature Code (NAM 2)

Forward All Data Calls Menu

These details are taking from link Kshah's Description at RIMWEB

Edited by RajanPERT

Sorry if this is already discussed!

I have Nokia 6255 but I am unable to send SMS messages thru Nokia PC Suite. Whether this is a common issue or is it anything to do with my software installation or settings?

But with the same PC Suite software I am able to send SMS message for my other Nokia phones(GSM though)!

I do suspect (usual) Reliance dirty hand in chopping features from Nokia phones. I need confirmation on this..

Sending Sms thru Pc Suite in Cdma is not supported or locked by (Nokia or reliance) :grin: .Well Sir hav u got confused with Nk6225 & nk6255 :D ,I mean to say wrong Topic :grin:

Sending Sms thru Pc Suite in Cdma is not supported or locked by (Nokia or reliance) ;) .Well Sir hav u got confused with Nk6225 & nk6255 :) ,I mean to say wrong Topic :lol:

Amit,

You may be correct on my confusion part but I saw some discussions were going on related to this topic under this thread. May be I was wrong. Infact when I was searching this forum for my question I have ended up in this thread.

I really doubt if Nokia would have locked this feature (on its own) because this feature is available for GSM models.

As somewhere mentioned in d forum Sms thru pc is possible thru AT commands & in cdma it is not possible Or say not known :) .Sorry for above as i do not hav dat much privileges to declare or decide for d wrong topic because Generally it happens.

anyone plz tell me how 2 get polyphonic tones 4 my 6225 if i hav a data cable???????????????????????

Iam New to forum Can somebody help me with these things:

Iam using a NOKIA 6225

1. I am unable to switch calls when there is call waiting though I hear the beep but how to switch the calls???

2. can i downoad the games?? How can i transfer the photos from my cell phone to comp??