Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mroy

Will Samsung Galaxy I500 Get Official Froyo (2.2) Or Gingerbread (2.3) Update?

As per title, is it possible to update to Froyo or Gingerbread??

What is the price of the handset if purchased from Reliance ??

How does it compare to the Motorola Milestone? Can the Motorola be upgraded to Froyo or Gingerbread??

Madhabi

Fascinate I500 is Already on Froyo 2.2 & Leaked Version of 2.3 is available here

:previous:

Yes, but I wanted to know of official updates on the i500.

Price of the handset if purchased from Reliance would be around Rs 29-30 K. And since Reliance imported only about 700 handsets, you really can't expect them to release any official android updates. They won't bother.

Exactly the same handset named as Samsung Fascinate is available at RIMweb between 14-17K. For that official android 2.2 update from verizon is also available.

It is better than Motorola Milestone in terms of both hardware specs and looks.

well i donno about other models but believe me fascinate in particular has a great great hardware flashed various stuff in it like a 1000 times till now :P

the official froyo stands at the most stable and smoothest version in ED05,

fascinate is better than motorola stuff at same price range by miles.

all the best

Price of the handset if purchased from Reliance would be around Rs 29-30 K. And since Reliance imported only about 700 handsets, you really can't expect them to release any official android updates. They won't bother.

Exactly the same handset named as Samsung Fascinate is available at RIMweb between 14-17K. For that official android 2.2 update from verizon is also available.

It is better than Motorola Milestone in terms of both hardware specs and looks.

I see. How does one get the Samsung Fascinate on RIMWeb?? Any problems using it on Reliance CDMA?

:previous: check the Buy/Sell forum

the link for gingerbread update is good, but is it stable like froyo ? or any other bugs detected ?

Fascinate I500 is Already on Froyo 2.2 & Leaked Version of 2.3 is available here

Parin is that stable same as froyo with ED05

the link for gingerbread update is good, but is it stable like froyo ? or any other bugs detected ?

NO NO NO NO , dont even think about it mate ,

This is one of the buggiest release till date ,

far too mny bugs , force closes very very frequently

and on top of it , it kills YES generally PERMANENTLY kills your CD sard,

its been totally abandoned at XDA as well,

only CM7 gingerbread builds are being used but then they use a diff file system hence makes it diff to flash touchwiz or aosp stuff on them .

Be Content with ED05 coz believe me i have triued almost all and this is a class release , this ED05 is ,

only CM7 gingerbread builds are being used but then they use a diff file system hence makes it diff to flash touchwiz or aosp stuff on them .

Be Content with ED05 coz believe me i have triued almost all and this is a class release , this ED05 is ,

thanks Joshm!

Please stay away from this update. i lost my 16GB memory card. is there any way to got it working?? i tried various utils and still it failed.