Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sam007

Software Upgrades For LG 6000 / 6130

Hi,

This is just to let u guys know that the software upgrades are available for LG6130/6000 at LG Service centres.

The LG people informed that the software upgrade was there for better reception quality?

sounds strange to me since both these phones have a great reception.

no additional functions for the camera :(

Anyways it takes more than an hour each for upgrade.

Upgrade from version 8 to 9 and hope the reception improves further!!!

Sameer

:)

Thanks for informing it to us... lets hope many problems in 6130/6000 will get resolved by this upgrade.

i went to get this uprgrade , it took bout 45 mins

funny i don see any change, instead all my msg got deleted. gud thing i told him to see that my phone book does'nt get deleted.

the lg person told me that this upgrade was only for r-world so that all application run easilyand better........ but all are still same

totally a waste of time

handsfree bug still remains

Today, I went to the Mumbai Auth Service Center for a Error in the mobile that i get. Found out that on Monday they'd got a new s/w Version for 6130. Got it upgraded for my cell

The details are:

s/w : RD613F15

PRL : 2

JAVA: CLDC-1.0

MIDP-1.0

If they say its "not come", insist them to check it up on their LG Website & dl it for u!

Interestingly on Monday, i had gone to the Jaipur ASC, they still had version 8 wid them, while i had version 9 pre-installed on my phone!! :)

Hi Chirag! :rolleyes:

does the upgradation of the s/w of 6130 solve the current problems encountered using r-world???...........i mean if its not solving the problem then why lose all those lovely messages that u have been saving for soo long rite?? ;)

hope u enlighten us all regarding this

thanx

None of the msgs, Media pics/sound or phone book got erased or had to be backed up for upgradation! Quite an improvement huh!! :)

for more on what the upgradation does, click here

Hi

I recently got a s/w upgrade for LG 6130 from ver 9 to ver 15.

I found a new feature in sms section where you have "SMS groups" under option number 8 but I don't know how to use it.

Does any one knows how to use it.

Please share is this group sms or what. ?

Hey, first of all, can you tell me how many character you can send in SMS using this version of software ? Did LG fix 140 characters to 160 for sending sms ?

And First of all Can u both tell me why r u using So big fonts in ur posts, as it has been may times told by mods not to use UPPERCASE and BIG fonts in the posts! :(

Guys,

Jus got to know that LG6130 has got one more s/w upgrade. Its Version 18 this time! So go ahead n get it done! Long Queues at the ASC these days! phew! :P

Guys,

Jus got to know that LG6130 has got one more s/w upgrade. Its Version 18 this time! So go ahead n get it done! Long Queues at the ASC these days! phew! :P

30336[/snapback]

Any noticable enhancements/improvements Chirag?

I have ver 15 and many a times, missed calls don't get recorded in call history. So a missed call itself gets missed... ;)

Edited by amtrag

Any noticable enhancements/improvements Chirag?

I have ver 15 and many a times, missed calls don't get recorded in call history. So a missed call itself gets missed... :P

30346[/snapback]

Strange thing! Never happened wid my cell.

Anyways, Version 18 is said to be an upgrade for the New R-World.

Upgrade for 6130 is a must to access many more features!

Chirag,

I went to Ghatkopar LG service center for software upgrade. My versionis still showing 15. Where did you went for software upgrade ?

You discussed somewhere else that version 18 enables forming of groups for sms. Can you please confirm once again ? What are other features of this version ?

Ver 15 enables Group SMS. Check it in ur Messages Menu.

I've been told at the WW that Ver 18 has come for R-World. Haven't got the time to go to the ASC. b4 going all tht way there, i'll call them up for a confirmation.

LowerParel ASC is the best in delivering up-to-date stuff!

is there a way we can POST those version upgrade files online, so that ppl with data cable can save thier Day with long queues at ASC.??