Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

That went on like a Breeze Joshm as said by hetal. I successfully flashed my phone with EH03. Will I have to Root my phone again?

What is superclean and will I have to flash superclean too?

And yes as suggested by rajan bhai +1 to you for all the time and efforts uve put to help me out

That went on like a Breeze Joshm as said by hetal. I successfully flashed my phone with EH03. Will I have to Root my phone again?

What is superclean and will I have to flash superclean too?

And yes as suggested by rajan bhai +1 to you for all the time and efforts uve put to help me out

well if you are a speed and battery freak like me :P then SC is the thing for ya but i suggest use EH03 stock for a few days and then decide if you want to move on to SC

about rooting well its very easy

i have mentioned how to root it in the OP

here are the steps again

1.. download and store the latest Superuser package on ur SD card or alternatively u can download this one , its a bit older but i trust it , you can update it later via market

http://www.mediafire.com/?tz4k42pnk5j50po

2.. then download this red recovery ( its the best and the safest till date ) onto your PC

http://www.mediafire.com/?lbgg57ora8wbcv5

its ODIN flashable

3.. shut the phone , put it in download mode and flash the red recovery via ODIN as you had flashed the EH03

4.. once done put the battery in and press vol up + vol down + power button together and this will take you to recovery from there use the vol up or down to scroll to FLASH ZIP option and give it the path of your su package and hit power button to selct it and flash

4.. reboot

profit to the fullest with rooting

ok....after flashing EH03 i tried rooting the phone following instructions from here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-development/79811-newbie-guide-rooting-fascinate.html (previously i was able to) but not today. So i flashed my phone with superclean3 0.3 as explained by you as its already rooted, the speed is really great. Now is there a way i can go back to stock EH03 and if yes can i flash the EH03 tar file again via odin like the way i did this morning?

ok....after flashing EH03 i tried rooting the phone following instructions from here http://www.droidforu...-fascinate.html (previously i was able to) but not today. So i flashed my phone with superclean3 0.3 as explained by you as its already rooted, the speed is really great. Now is there a way i can go back to stock EH03 and if yes can i flash the EH03 tar file again via odin like the way i did this morning?

well if you are running SC well then wats the need to go to stock :P

but still if you insist then simply flash Eh03 tar via odin , then u ll b back to full bloated ugly stock vzn eh03 ;)

I know this person Joshm for last 7 months I think, I sold him Samsung Fasciante which he is using.

He was just noob when i handed over the handset to him, In next days he was at a level A, then in one month at level B and in 6 MOnths he is now at top level of Samsung Fascinate, he may be called Doctor of Samsung Fasciante apart from Human Doctor.

He do so much of R and D until unless he grasp all the stuff.

Keep it up!!!!

ok. Im fine with SC. Noticed something strange after installing all my apps....the call, contacts and messaging icons just disappeared from the home screen and only application icon remains. I had to create their shortcuts from the applications menu. See the screenshot post-33106-0-65979500-1322633664_thumb.p

Also having problems with Gallery have to force close it. Any solutions for that?

ok. Im fine with SC. Noticed something strange after installing all my apps....the call, contacts and messaging icons just disappeared from the home screen and only application icon remains. I had to create their shortcuts from the applications menu. See the screenshot post-33106-0-65979500-1322633664_thumb.p

Also having problems with Gallery have to force close it. Any solutions for that?

well crowding the dock aint a issue !!!

just hit the apps button and u ll be in app drawer

then hit the soft menu key on the bottom

you ll see edit option > hit it

after that drag whichever icons u want in the dock :) once done again hit soft menu key and hit save !

have fun !!!

about gallery well its strange ,

do one thing

download and install quickpic gallery app from market : its an awesome app 10x faster than stock gallery

or you can use this

alternate touchwiz gallery: http://www.multiupload.com/XEG5X4J3ZX

md5: fa350f312a72c0483a23b489cdd3f867

but before all this plz make a nandroid backup of the ROM

I hope you know how to do that ;)

if not then

well go to recovery

select backup and restore option > hit ok ( which is the power button )

then hit backup > hit power button

and the CWM will start making an image of your installation sans radio and kernel , you can use the restore option and select the backup when u feel you have messed something up ;)

• Like 2

I know this person Joshm for last 7 months I think, I sold him Samsung Fasciante which he is using.

He was just noob when i handed over the handset to him, In next days he was at a level A, then in one month at level B and in 6 MOnths he is now at top level of Samsung Fascinate, he may be called Doctor of Samsung Fasciante apart from Human Doctor.

He do so much of R and D until unless he grasp all the stuff.

Keep it up!!!!

thanks Amit :) its been a long time since we communicated :)

looks like you are in some kinna hibernation atm , as didnt notice many selling threads from you off late.

hope the things are fine.

see ya

Finished crowding the dock and downloaded the quickpic gallery from market. I even made a nandroid backup and thanks for telling me how its done. I didnt not know how to do it. :grin: Should i keep the backup files in the external sd card or is it ok if i just have a copy of it in my computer?

Finished crowding the dock and downloaded the quickpic gallery from market. I even made a nandroid backup and thanks for telling me how its done. I didnt not know how to do it. :grin: Should i keep the backup files in the external sd card or is it ok if i just have a copy of it in my computer?

more the merrier , you never know when one backup gets messed up , backup of a backup is always great !!

and one more very very important thing

the nandroid backups thus made will only get restored if you have the same kernel and prolly the same radio as well in the existing setup over which you are restoring the backup

what i mean is if you had made a nandroid backup of froyo say Ed05 and after that you upgraded to GB like Eh03 then you cant restore the froyo backup on GB or diff versions and of kernels so make sure you are on a Rom using similar kernel and radio for a restore.

otherwise you ll get a MD5 error while restoring.

right...will keep that in mind.. Once again thanks a lot for all your support. You've been very patient and supportive.

right...will keep that in mind.. Once again thanks a lot for all your support. You've been very patient and supportive.

sure anytime !!!

do post your feedback about how the ROM behaves and stuff!!

regards

• Like 1

will do after using it for a couple of days

I have bought Samsung i500 from india and tried to upgrade it with the Verizone Gingerbread OS but will i m doing the Odin i get FAIL and when i switch on the phone i get the select language option again n agin.....but i am able to receive calls can u please help me.....

I have bought Samsung i500 from india and tried to upgrade it with the Verizone Gingerbread OS but will i m doing the Odin i get FAIL and when i switch on the phone i get the select language option again n agin.....but i am able to receive calls can u please help me.....

is that phone the verizon i500 fascinate or its the elusive i500 officially from reliance ??

if its vzn fascinate then all you need to do is use cdma workshop to access the phone settings via ur PC and go to NAM settings and add Dir_Settings - as your mobile number

save and reboot

you wont get setup screen.

aec45aae2b.jpg

but as far as i remember with odin tars this doesnt happen.

Edited by joshm

I have bought the phone offically from Reliance India....now i have tried installing 2.2 its working but no sms or network data....

I have bought the phone offically from Reliance India....now i have tried installing 2.2 its working but no sms or network data....

go to privacy in settings and factory reset your phone and see

is there a way that i can send my phone to u n get all the setting done....could u please pm me ur number... :)

did the factory restart still not working :(

well if it was an imported handset i would have asked you to do a number of things , but i strongly suggest you to take it to the service centre of samsung coz it must be in warranty now.

thats the safest bet for you.

If its out of warranty then we can do a few things

regards

edit : which version of OS it came with btw ?

TBH you should have confirmed with us here if you can flash this on official reliance

still if you had followed my method then there is no chance this flash would have messed any settings

I am really sorry for what happend with you on this.

your settings have got messed and even if we can let you set the settings right , itsbetter that you take the set to service centre

Edited by joshm

ok but i dun think that they will entertain me coz when the phone boots it says verizone.....plus i know its my fault i got a lill excited and flashed it w/o even asking.... :(

it came with 2.1 android

neways i shall visit Reliance/Samsung on Monday and then see what they saw....

thank u :)

• Like 1

ok but i dun think that they will entertain me coz when the phone boots it says verizone.....plus i know its my fault i got a lill excited and flashed it w/o even asking.... :(

it came with 2.1 android

neways i shall visit Reliance/Samsung on Monday and then see what they saw....

thank u :)

dont worry we can deal with that as well

i have a reliance froyo ROM too

i ll upload it for you

just flash it ;)

who knows that fixes everything

keep in touch and keep watching the thread.

and dont worry !!!

we will try and set this right together :)

EDIT :

heres the link ;)

https://www.rapidsha...A_EH19_KIES.tar

flash it in the same manner as you did the EH03

odin > pda > start ;)

please note : that this is untested , i havent flashed it even once

Edited by joshm

well,, i installled launcher EX.. n it slows d fone to dead,, i want simple super clean.. wat shat i do?

jus flash reflash super clean or shud i do all d 3 steps.. i.e. odining n all?

thanks

well,, i installled launcher EX.. n it slows d fone to dead,, i want simple super clean.. wat shat i do?

jus flash reflash super clean or shud i do all d 3 steps.. i.e. odining n all?

thanks

well i guess just either try uninstalling this

or just go to the recovery and wipe all three :)

1.. data

2.. cache

3.. dalvik cache

you ll as good as new

But all contacts , sms es , call logs , settings , applications will be wiped !!, so plz back em up upfront

UPDATE :

as i dont have any permissions to edit the OP

here are the latest updates

SuperClean3 0.5 *11.30.11

(full rom, not patch)

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/P40GUMW9FN

md5: 169f75389f1248f2d83f14763efc2001

size: 159.88 MB

SuperClean3 0.5 *11.30.11

(patch 0.3 -> 0.5 includes 0.4 updates)

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/Q7F3SV6OWG

md5: fbed04ac35eeff0f5839bd565b8c3730