Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

also

before odining the tar , download SUPER BACKUP from market and backup your contacts and sms

note down the min number ( although it wont be required as upon gactory reset you ll be back to stock )

once done

just download odin

put phone in download mode

and flash this tar with PDA option

plz be advised use PDA option only and double check your data cable , bettr would be to use a new one .

post here and pm me as well , as i am kinna busy these days .

regards

i' am trying to download the sc 2.3 rom but all the files from download locations are deleted.... kindly upload files.

thnx....

HERE YOU GO ...

SuperClean3 Milestone 2 *1.19.2012

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/LSQ0YWB857

md5: 72E263FC49C974DDBD79B3EF89BE805D

size: 147.2 MB

also

before odining the tar , download SUPER BACKUP from market and backup your contacts and sms

note down the min number ( although it wont be required as upon gactory reset you ll be back to stock )

once done

just download odin

put phone in download mode

and flash this tar with PDA option

plz be advised use PDA option only and double check your data cable , bettr would be to use a new one .

post here and pm me as well , as i am kinna busy these days .

regards

Hi guys!

yesterday I finally made up my mind and decided to take the plunge. I backed up all my apps, contacts and messages. And just when I was through with all these, I just connected my phone to my laptop and connected using kies mini. To my surprise, I saw an update to my phone. Build EK10. I checked from the xda forum and rimweb and found it to be an official upgrade by reliance and samsung. So I followed the instructions and finally I'm on froyo now. It has unlocked quite a few options on my handset now.

Feeling better as for now but yes I'll definitely want myself on gb or ics soon..

Thank you all for the wonderful support that you guys extended to me.

Swapnil

Sent from my SCH-I500

Hi guys!

I'm finding this update to EK10 froyo has given me more options on my phone. The phone feels much faster now and has also improved the call reception quality. It has also removed quite a lot of bugs which were previously present on eclair version.

So I was just wondering how it would be on ginger bread. Here's my question to the seniors on this thread (they have already helped me build confidence in updating my phone):

1) since my phone is bought from reliance (non verizon) can I still update to EH03 or similar custom rom without creating any problems in voice and data with reliance?

2) Do I need to root my device to instal custom roms?

3) if I flash Eh03, will it show verizon while booting and will I have to do any setting to make it work on reliance?

Thanks in advance,

Swapnil

hey swapnil.. good to see finally you got what u looking for...

Q1> 1) since my phone is bought from reliance (non Verizon) can I still update to EH03 or similar custom rom without creating any problems in voice and data with reliance?

Ans> YES you can upgrade to eh03 if reliance doesn't provide it officially you can still go with the custom roms ETC. Changing roms does not effect any voice or data parameters... unless and untill you manually program the handset using codes ETC.

Q2> 2) Do I need to root my device to instal custom roms?

Ans> It completely depends on the rom you use... some roms do require rooting.. its your choice actually what you choose...

Q3> 3) if I flash Eh03, will it show verizon while booting and will I have to do any setting to make it work on reliance?

Ans> As mentioned earlier... if reliance provides that officially it will show reliance... now again the booting animation or text depends upon the rom you use... !!! just for knowledge.. sometimes changing roms or rooting voids warranty...

ALL THE BEST BUDDY... see ya around...

hey swapnil.. good to see finally you got what u looking for...

Q1> 1) since my phone is bought from reliance (non Verizon) can I still update to EH03 or similar custom rom without creating any problems in voice and data with reliance?

Ans> YES you can upgrade to eh03 if reliance doesn't provide it officially you can still go with the custom roms ETC. Changing roms does not effect any voice or data parameters... unless and untill you manually program the handset using codes ETC. ... So if i download & update from reliance provided ek10 to the stock eh03(bloated) or SUPERCLEAN3 - 0.1 version by TSM (as mentioned on the start of this thread), i'll still be able to use the phone on reliance without any additional settings right? Only that the screen at startup will show "Verizon" instead of Reliance, am i right?

Q2> 2) Do I need to root my device to instal custom roms? Ans> It completely depends on the rom you use... some roms do require rooting.. its your choice actually what you choose... (if i'm using EH03 or SUPERCLEAN3 - 0.1 version by TSM, will i need to root the phone? If yes, what is the procedure for rooting?

Also, can i directly flash superclean 3.0.1 over EK10 or do i have to flash eh03 first?

Sorry for being so noobish. I still have a lot to learn from you guys. Thanks for being so tolerant to my questions.

Regards,

Swapnil

well its pretty simple

just backup all ur apps and data

simply ODIN the EH03 ROM

you ll become one of us ;)

ur boot and shutdown will show verizon

and you might as well see $ instead of Rs in market as the price of apps ;)

and yes you ll need to be on EH03 first to try out any GB roms

• Like 1

also there is one more awesome ROM from a operator in US

its CCellular

the good thing about that ROM is that when u ll flash it over your current setup , it will not format your data and you ll switch to gingerbread

See i have tried it on my existing GB ROM and it didnt format the data ( TBH dont know how it ll behave on an existing FROYO , but i think it wont create any issue.

I think you should try this out coz the modem FC27of this particular ROM is really awesome , somehow its going down pretty well with RELIANCE's network , i am getting very very good data speeds with it :)

Here is the LINK

https://www.rapidsha...US_by_JoshM.rar

just download and extract this

CI500_CS_FC27_GB_REL_KIES.tar

and flash it in PDA option in ODIN after backing up your data and apps.

Edited by joshm
  • Like 3

hi joshm, is there any stable ics rom?

well there is just one or may be two

i tried both but really apart from a different look and feel , things were not good at all , infact i went back to my fav geewiz within 24 hrs. Still if you wanna try then try

AOKP : the latest Glitched up build 32

and Teamhacksung's build 8 ( its there at rootzwiki)

If there are more people interested in going to ICS ( which i dont recommend personally ) I can ake a tutorial with links

If the STAFF helps me in putting them on the first post as well as in here on page 11 and 12.

Hi Joshm,

So can i follow the steps mentioned in post #21 on this thread @sliver to bring myself up to stock eh03 from my existing EK10 rom from reliance? Do i need to root my device before doing that (Sliver's phone was already rooted he said in his post)?

Edited by Maverick75

hey mate howz u ? Joshm n everyone! well, i m on TSM rom, but its little laggy.. and it launcher hangs too.. i think superclean was better.. which you recommend ? i want a snappy one, what about stock ? and whats the process ? do i have to ODIN ? or install directly from zip ?

Help me out! thanks!

^^^ i m on EH.03 already!

@swapnil.. Its not that you have to root your phone every time you install rom... some roms are already pre rooted... rooting is another thing... installing roms do not require rooting unless its mentioned in the procedure...

@

Maverick75 : just do as i say

FC27 is also gingerbread and a better GB i must say

whenever u are flashing something with ODIN , Root isnt needed.

just backup ur data and apps ( just for extra security)

after that just put your phone into download mode

and flash this : https://www.rapidshare.com/files/3197982211/SCH-I500_SCH-I500USFC27_US_by_JoshM.rar

its the gingerbread ROM from CCellular , doesnt matter to us coz we are already on reliance.

The best things about this is

... this came out way after EH03 : it seems better in kernel radio and ROM so by and large a better gingerbread i must say

... then the most remarkable thing is , this ROM flash will not format any data or apps in ur mobile so u ll be in business straightaway

... Then most remarkable feature is that you will get 3x better speed of 3G with this ROM than EH03 , i can say this coz i am using that radio FC27 myself.

after all if you feel unhappy you can simply again backup data and apps and FLASH EH03 tar with ODIN , so nothing to lose.

If you switch to FC27 or EH03 - rooting can be done afterwards that ll take just 2 minutes

@ Shanusmarty : i do recommend the same for you , try this ROM , root it later its already very very snappy , if you arent happy then i ll link you up to a very very good fast and bug free Geewiz ROM

Hi Joshm!

i've started the above procedure but it seems to have been stuck here since last 20 mins.

<ID:0/030> Added!!

<ID:0/030> Odin v.3 engine (ID:30)..

<ID:0/030> File analysis..

<ID:0/030> SetupConnection..

<ID:0/030> Initialzation..

<ID:0/030> Get PIT for mapping..

<ID:0/030> Firmware update start..

<ID:0/030> zImage

<ID:0/030> recovery.bin

<ID:0/030> factoryfs.rfs

<ID:0/030> modem.bin

Kindly advice soon what next to do?

Hi Joshm,

Here's the screenshot of odin attached

It finall showed 0 succeeded, 1 failed with a red box on top.

So i flashed my phone to the eh19 tar file which i had previously downloaded. so I'm back to froyo again. anything else can be done? The eh03 rom link is not working. maybe i can try that & make it work.

post-9974-0-16889800-1335007596_thumb.jp

Edited by Maverick75

well there is just one or may be two

i tried both but really apart from a different look and feel , things were not good at all , infact i went back to my fav geewiz within 24 hrs. Still if you wanna try then try

AOKP : the latest Glitched up build 32

and Teamhacksung's build 8 ( its there at rootzwiki)

If there are more people interested in going to ICS ( which i dont recommend personally ) I can ake a tutorial with links

If the STAFF helps me in putting them on the first post as well as in here on page 11 and 12.

If all the functions of the phone work without any glitches then I would definately like to try it and im sure there are a lot of other fellow members who would love to taste the ice cream sandwitch.

@Maverick : there must be something wrong

first check the MD5 of the extracted 318MB tar file

E54A93A5FA00F9E8C20F0A11354C08F5

If the md5 is different than this , then ur download is corrupt redownload and reflash

@ Silver : the ICS flashing requires a lot of steps and a lot of files , unless there are many users interested , I am sorry to say i wont make that much of labour ( i hope u ll understand )

and the builds arent that stable , random force closes and random bugs also lags are pretty evident ( atleast thats what i noticed )

also it looks you are using a very old version of ODIN

try this version :

Odin3 v1.83.exe

Hi!

As you mentioned, i checked the md5 of the downloaded file. (it is same) and i am also using Odin 3 v1.83.exe. I tried flashing the ccellular rom but still it is again stuck at modem.bin . The phone display says firmware update encountered a issue. pls select recovery mode in kies & try again

Also, can you post the link to the EH03 rom. as the link on 1st page doesnt work. And do i have to use atlas 2.2 pit file (i havent used it yet but i saw it was mentioned in some other posts)?

<ID:0/030> Odin v.3 engine (ID:30)..

<ID:0/030> File analysis..

<ID:0/030> SetupConnection..

<ID:0/030> Initialzation..

<ID:0/030> Get PIT for mapping..

<ID:0/030> Firmware update start..

<ID:0/030> zImage

<ID:0/030> recovery.bin

<ID:0/030> factoryfs.rfs

<ID:0/030> modem.bin

<ID:0/030>

<ID:0/030> Complete(Write) operation failed.

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

<ID:0/030> Removed!!

Edited by Maverick75

Hi Josh,

Tried FC27 but issue had been that wifi hotspot is not then available, what is the way to get the same as I had my other phone's & laptop dependent on that.

Also if any way by which 3g Speed can be increased ... ??

Regards

@ Maverick : here is the link to EH03

https://www.rapidsha...3_GB_CM.tar.md5

and @ Carinlover and Maverick - this is how you can get all the EH03 features with FC27 Modem and a very clean debloated GEEwiz ROM ( which is the best gingerbread)

1.. backup all data , and apps in ur phone

2.. turn off : remove battery : download mode : flash EH03 ODIN inh PDA section with atlas pit in PIT section and repartition option clicked

3.. reboot

4.. shutdown

5.. again go to download mode : remove battery

6.. Flash FC27 in ODIN : in PDA srection : this time it should boot if not then again repeat steps 2,3,and then straight to 8, 9, 10,11,12

8.. Download following and store in ur SD card

GeeWiz 2.8 ROM (EDIFY Update-Zip)

http://www.mediafire...em-04162012.zip

MD5: 545bdaab587432b856a6b066ae2972d8

GeeWiz 2.8 Kernel (EDIFY Update-Zip)

http://www.mediafire...el-04162012.zip

MD5: f410e8135379295da7226f858336d2d8

9.. Turn off phone : Remove battery go to download mode again and Flash the RED recovery

RED RECOVERY 2.5.1.x : http://www.mediafire...lbgg57ora8wbcv5

md5 : 00E90E790A70E2D66B6CBA6A152DE504

10.. once this flash completes : put the battery back inside : reboot into recovery straightaway by pressing together VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER BUTTON

11.. once in recovery : wipe data : wipe cache : wipe dalvik cache ( simply DATA wipe will do alone as well )

and by using flash zip option : flash the geewiz 2.8 SYSTEM : and once it completes : flash the 2.8 kernel , in the same manner and in this same session.

12.. reboot and now you are on GINGERBREAD EH03 based ultra snappy geewiz rom which is totally clean and debloated and with the FC27 modem.

IF your FC27 ODIN flash fails at step 5 then

simply repeat steps 1,2,3 -> and straight to step 8 , 9 , 10 , 11, 12 : after this you will be on GEEWIZ ROM with EH03 modem : this should run great as well coz my cousin has same ROM as mine but EH03 modem and he gets more or less good data speeds.

but if you want FC27 then simply make a nandroid backup of your geewiz installation and after turning off and goiung into download mode ODIN the FC27 ROM : reboot : and again turn off and restore your nandroid backup that you just made.

simple !!

9.. Turn off phone : Remove battery go to download mode again and Flash the RED recovery

RED RECOVERY 2.5.1.x : http://www.mediafire...lbgg57ora8wbcv5

md5 : 00E90E790A70E2D66B6CBA6A152DE504

Dear Joshm,

I think this link is broken...

Thanks & Regards,

Swapnil