Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

Well first Up EH03 has a great radio the audio being low issue was there in EI20 and Eh09 but certainly not in EH03

if still u have issue then whenever i ll have some free time i ll upload the Ec09 radio which you can flash and see if it chnages anything byt i am 100% sure it aint Eh03

there have been absolutely no issues in EH03 Stock , at all

if you can believe me then EH03 update is the reason why i am still sticking to my fassy , otherwise would have purchased Sprint Epic Touch s2 3 months back :P

use the fassy with stock or SC or resurrection and see the snappiness

hi sunil,

nice to see U in this thread.

Well first Up EH03 has a great radio the audio being low issue was there in EI20 and Eh09 but certainly not in EH03

if still u have issue then whenever i ll have some free time i ll upload the Ec09 radio which you can flash and see if it chnages anything byt i am 100% sure it aint Eh03

there have been absolutely no issues in EH03 Stock , at all

if you can believe me then EH03 update is the reason why i am still sticking to my fassy , otherwise would have purchased Sprint Epic Touch s2 3 months back :P

use the fassy with stock or SC or resurrection and see the snappiness

Joshm, you are right. EH03 has the best radio. I got the voice low issue fixed after I reflashed it with EH03. I guess the Go Launcher X might be causing this issue, coz thats the only change I made after I flashed EH03 the first time. I don't like the binged up version of the EH03. Could you please lay down the steps for me to flash it to SC 3.0.5. I know Sunil mentioned about the flash recovery, which I am not at all aware of that. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but flashing EH03 was my first attempt to play around with my Fascinate. Thanks in advance.

Your help is highly appreciated.

:previous:

its been mentioned on page 1 mate

just first flash (thru odin) the red recovery -

before that store the full 0.5 ROM in ur SD card

once you odin the red recovery , boot ur phone in recovery ( by vol up + vol down + power button )

wipe data ( always a good option but you can leave it as well , this way u will keep ur contacts sms and apps, if the ROM in the end acts up you can format the dats via recovery again ) , wipw cache partition , and wip dalvik cache

after that go to option of flash zip from SD card and flash your 0.5.

once done reboot

have fun

If there are any queries then plz dont PM , post here instead so that other can help and helped as well

Thanks joshm. Between, I noticed that the megaupload site has been shut down by FBI, so lost an opportunity to download the SC 3.0.x ROM. :doh:

Hello,

Voice is lower in eh03, I just noticed that voice privacy is enabled in call setting which make difficult sometimes to hear the voice. Try to disable it and see the result. Its really worked for me.

Hi, Joshm and other fascinate experts.

I updated my fascinate with gingerbread and now i am on TSM 2.1.

I am facing issue of trickle charge i.e. when i keep my fascinate on charging overnight and take it of in morning, the battery shows around 80% or sometimes even less and rarely stays above 90% in the morning.

Please help me in solving this.

My kernel version is 2.6.35.7

Baseband : S:i500.04 V.EH03

@ rahujas :

as far as my knowledge goes trickle charge is a kernel related feature atm as far as Fascinate is concerned ( i amy be wrong though )

If you have flashed KGB kernel with trickle charge then thats what is causing this if not then i suggest you ODIN the stock EH03 and flash resurrection over it , should solve the issue

or easy way would be to flash a custom kernel .

regards

@joshm

thanks for your response.

can you please provide me withth the required kernel file to rectify this issue.

also please tell me how to flash kernel.

1. 1 more problem i am facing is that i have approx 20000 smss which when restored through mybackuppro takes a lot of time and also after restoration the phone goes in to continous reboots

@rahujas :

here is the ODIN version of the KGB kernel : http://www.mediafire.com/?hvgi9h8p4hixl86

and here is the CWM version of the same : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ja3onlh1au3rdjf

I guess with so many smses you are getting the reboots , i would suugest you tpo backup them somewhere else ( may be just on the sd card and not in the OS as such , they may be very very small in size but their sheer number is astounding.

regards

@Joshm

This kernel decolors my fascinate... The colors are faded. Please give some other kernel?

Thanks

here you go

GeeWiz 2.5 Kernel (flash in recovery )

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s38nq6jaqwp5c5f/geewiz-2.5-kernel-01222012.zip

MD5: a04768d82d9cf7aaf7dfe6cb462f8179

Stock EH03 Kernel ( Flash in recovery )

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20148226/kernel-eh03-GB_signed.zip

^^ @ Joshm

Friend kindly pm me you phone no. or chat id as i need your help and i tried to pm you my no. but its not going. I think ur inbox is full.

Please reply back.

thanks

Cleared the INBOX btw

sorry mate but it has to be dealt with here only.

I dont prefer to share my details, apologies !!!

if you are having any issues whatsoever just reflash the stock EH03 odin and repeat from there coz whatever u ll be asking i think the best way is to go to pure stock .

Edited by joshm

Hey there all !!!

well there has been no queries and activities out here since past 15 days :P

if anyone is interested i would like to share another great ROM , KERNEL and RECOVERY combo which i have been using from past 20 days or so .

will make a post if any one is interested.

also there have been a few ISC roms out as well , which are all ports , they have issues here and there so am not posting em atm , once i ll find a pretty stable combo , i ll try and update .

regards

Sure dear... please share your new find

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yes would like the updates and a stable ICS rom as well

I have flashed SC 3 Milestone 2 and its superb ROM, very stable. I am loving it. Will upload the screenshots, but not sure why it isn't working? Tried to take it, can someone tell me how to take screenshots in Fascinate?

Hey there all !!!

well there has been no queries and activities out here since past 15 days :P

if anyone is interested i would like to share another great ROM , KERNEL and RECOVERY combo which i have been using from past 20 days or so .

will make a post if any one is interested.

also there have been a few ISC roms out as well , which are all ports , they have issues here and there so am not posting em atm , once i ll find a pretty stable combo , i ll try and update .

regards

Hi joshm, i tried one ICS rom and found it to be stable, a little patch also made data to work on reliance. I am using it for a week. its quite good, and can be used daily. its lag free. every feature is working, to work with reliance. I cant upload it as my upload speed s**ks. please do pm me so that other member on rimweb can also have fun with ics.

yeah please share the links for the ICS rom! n screen shots too and what abt the battery backup and evdo speed and clarity+in call volume ?

thanks

I have flashed SC 3 Milestone 2 and its superb ROM, very stable. I am loving it. Will upload the screenshots, but not sure why it isn't working? Tried to take it, can someone tell me how to take screenshots in Fascinate?

default way of taking screenshot in fascinate is by pressing and holding the back soft key and pressing the power button.

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to all this modding but still I don't want to get stuck with an old OS. I currently have a samsung sch-i500 (same as verizon fascinate) which I bought from reliance in india. It's currently running the stock OS ie android 2.1 eclair. Now I want to update my phone to android 2.2 or 2.3. The mobile operater (Reliance) will not give any ota updates. Hence I will have to rely on updating via pc. Can someone help me out with the same.

My phone details are as follows

Hardware version i 500.04

Firmware version 2.1 update 1

Baseband version s: i500.04 v.DL10

Kernel: 2.6.29

Build no SCH-I500.DL14

Also, shouldnt the Baseband version & Build no be the same. (I've seen screen shots of other peoples phones showing both versions as same)

This has also confused me whether my phone is running DL 10 or DL14???

Thanks in advance.

Swapnil

Sent from my SCH-I500

Edited by Maverick75

Here's a reply to my post by a member on the xda forum........

""I'm glad you're reading so closely. I've never actually done this exact process myself, so perhaps others will comment, but I believe that you won't even need to install the Superuser zip to accomplish what you want to do in this first step, which is to do a backup of your phone.

With Odin, you can install CWM Recovery, which should allow you do a nandroid backup to your phone's sd card. Once you have that backup and the added confidence it brings, you should then be able to use Odin to flash the EH03 stock ROM.

I'm thinking you may not even require the basics of what droidstyle's guide offers (root access, custom ROMs etc.) It sounds like you'd be happy on an unrooted gingerbread that works. I really wish you'd been able to find other Reliance users doing the same thing. That's my only hangup on this. Having said that, these are the basic steps I'm recommending:

Use Odin to flash the CWM recovery file you downloaded.

Boot the phone into recovery mode, just as droidstyle explains (three fingers).

Navigate to the option to make a backup, and let it finish.

Use options in CWM to wipe data, cache, and dalvik (this will wipe all apps/contacts/text messages from your phone, but it won't affect your sd card).

Power down the phone (you may have to reboot before you can do this).

Go back into download mode and use Odin to flash the stock EH03 ROM.

Reinstall whichever apps you want.

There are others in these forums far more knowledgeable, so perhaps they'll comment or confirm if we're lucky.

I've done a complete return to stock several times, even using the atlas repartioning file, and I've never lost my phone activation or mobile data. I don't have any reason to think you'll need to do anything else to keep your phone working.""

hey

ok

dont do anything rash and in a hurry atm

download this

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/4197858463/SCH-I500_INDIA_EH19_KIES.tar

its official FROYO for reliance .

flash via ODIN

use it for a day or two and then after may be a few days we ll set you up for the gingerbread :)

• Like 1