Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Suggestions Required For Buying Refrigerator

Hi friends..

My 20 year old godrej fridge's door came off suddenly yesterday... Seems it is saying it's too much now, you should change :rolleyes:

Please suggest me which brand should I go with. Based on that I will choose model as per my requirement.

I think 250 to 300 ltr double door should be sufficient.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Moved >>

<< Topic Moved to General Chat Section >>

My dear friend, try posting in proper sub-forum.

"General Technical Discussion" sub-forum is not meant for the suggestions / discussions related to Refrigerators.

Noted... Actually fridge is not working since yesterday so already getting scolding at home and 1st thing coming to my mind is to ask on rimweb so posted it while having dinner. In fact my description is also too short as I had planned to do some research on pc n then put in detail.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Since u r already experienced with Godrej, I would suggest to go again with same brand..

I m using Godrej, in my native place n rented house...

I m very much happy with the performance

Godrej is a good brand. Btw, what is your budget ?

Nothing as such... Around 25k or more if I can get good brand.

I got an Electrolux 280 Lts 2 Door from Next @ 16990/- last week.

They had tagged it @ 17990, but gave me a sweet deal when I bought some more stuff......Its a great looker, sleek and taller, BTW I still have a Godrej with me as well.

Edited by rohitgaur

Hitesh, whenever you finalize a fridge, check whether you have any shop in your town that sells damaged goods. You can get a branded fridge with full warranty, with very less damage (sometimes very hard to find, like a 1 inch scratch or a small dent at the rear side). It will save you 20% or more from the MRP. The choice is less in this case, but the savings are superb, if you are looking for saving money!

As for fridges, I would say avoid electrolux - too much china stuff in terms of led lights and what nots - and go for Samsung and LG. Samsung quality is great, LG's was bit less for me. Both have 5 years warranty on motor (excluding gas of course)

i swear by siemens when it comes to refrigerator or washing machine. Germans r too strong..... however one big problem is regarding service. they hv very few cities where service is offered.

Todays research...

1. Checked Panasonic and i liked the quality. Pricing also reasonable but garwale against its design. In Panasonic freezer is in lower part n they fear my kid will sit down with freezer open.

2. Lg n godrej out of my choice.

3. wife liked whirlpool. I feel single door 310 ltr is good wrt power consumption n retention of coolness since we have long hours of power cuts but it had grills instead of glass shelves so there is problem of liquid spilling.

Top contenders are whirlpool 2 door professional model or 3 door proton model. Any idea if3 door is good choice? Thr is 3rd door for vegetables.

:previous:

If u want good Service go for LG or Samsung

Avoid Whirlpool (My Personal Experience)

Top contenders are whirlpool 2 door professional model or 3 door proton model. Any idea if3 door is good choice? Thr is 3rd door for vegetables.

I am using Whirlpool Proton (3 door model) in my home, its very good and NO issues... Only problem is the bottom door (for vegetables) won't have a lock (even main lock doesn't lock it ) and you should watch your babies... Otherwise a great refrigerator... Reg service issues, I have not experienced one (bought on May2011 only) and I guess it may differ from town to town... Whirlpool service is NOT bad in my town wrt my xp in Whirlpool washing machine...

Hope this helps (or confuses more)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

:previous:

If u want good Service go for LG or Samsung

Avoid Whirlpool (My Personal Experience)

I own an LG fridge for past 8 years. 180 ltr single door model. Although LG service is good, but I won't recommend LG now.

Reason is that the quailty is not upto the mark. The body is very light weight, sometimes while opening the door, the entire fridge gets pulled forward. I have got replaced the freezer door twice and also the bottle rack twice. Its not a frostfree model and whenever I defrost, the water gets spilled to the floor because the tray at the back of the fridge does'nt stay in its place and falls over.

• Like 1

why dont to try samsung. i recently bought 2 door, 450L or something. its good.

• Like 1

Same with me. I own a LG 400L double door but I won't recommend it. Changed the compressor twice in the last 10 years of its service. If chance comes to upgrade, I will go in for a Samsung.

• Like 1

Finally zeroed on to Panasonic inverter model no NRBW414VS. Its 360 ltr approx. Convinced family m members to go for better quality instead of looking negative at lower freezer. Price 35600/- delivered from nashik to Jalgaon from my cousins shop. He is distributor for Panasonic there.

Thanks all for your valuable inputs. Will post product review asap... Err not asap. honest bhaiya bura man jayge. Post review once i get product.

Honest ji just kidding... No offense.

^^^

No problems Hitesh Ji.....I never mind such little things. :)

Post the review whenever you get time.

Pic bhi daal dena. Actually sell thread mein product bechte samay photuva dalna jaruri hai......aur Suggestions wale thread mein product kharidne ke baad original photuva (with kala teeka on it) is compulsory..... Lolz :P

J/k.....

I'm also planning to purchase a double door 300 / 320 ltrs refrigerator.....so your opinion regarding Panasonic might be helpful for me as well as the community. :)