Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nitink

How To Hard Reset Motorola Milestone XT800?

i was updating sygic and dont know what happened and my phone has gone into a reboot loop, its now starting n turning off continuously. i googled and found out this method -

1. Turn off the phone.

2. With the cell phone off, press and hold the camera key. Press the power button and keep on until you see the yellow triangle q (without releasing the camera).

3. Loosen and tighten the camera and volume button up at the same time to get to the menu.

4. Use the directional pad on the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.

but i am unable to do so :(

any help wud be appreciated

Actually you need to "Hard Reset" the phone.

There is nothing like "Hard Reboot" imho.

yeah, hard reset , how to do it :(

<< topic title updated >>

took the phone to moto authorised service station in pitampura today morning.

What a horrible experience. The lady at the counter asked me for bill and said that this bill is not valid . ....i asked her the reason and told me that the bill has no stamp. I asked her in which century does she live and does she hv any idea about online buying and digital signatures ???? she said that she has to send the bill to motorola ( named some guy anupam) who passes the bill and then only it will be treated under warranty... I literally scolded her and asked her how can she say that this 17k worth bill is fake. she came with the lame excuse of that earlier also such bills were not passed and i should get a stamp on the bill. I was so pissed off that I ordered her to make it a paid service ...she was taken aback and me to call cc motorola. She gave me the number but refused to let me use her landline ...i requested her to give me a handset and i will use my sim and she readily agreed. I called moto cc and the lady was patient and tried to help me out but the lady @ counter refused to accept the handset coz of the bill...after a major showdown on the phone, she asked me to pass the phone to the authorised agent and finally the bill was accepted and scanned and emailed but she said there is no guarantee that the bill will be passed by anupam. I left the phone there and hope that common sense prevails.

If this is the attitude of these companies on online purchased bills, we certainly are going backwards and i doubt ecommerce can survive this way.

just called them and they say the phone is repaired, dont know why they raise our blood pressure with such stupid talk.

lemme go n collect it before i take a sigh of relief :P

all is well that ends well :)

So did they honor the warranty or not? Didnt you try something yourself rather than taking it to service outlet?

yes they did, i had tried all trick of the trade on google /moto sites to hard reset it but none worked. max i cud go to boot loader screen. The service guys said that the handset had software issue and they re installed the os. Sygic 11 was the issue since i was trying to upgrade it before kaboooooooooom happened.

yeah

guess there is some issue with sygic. again my phone went into loop mode as soon i started sygic. after clicking the app, it asked me to start gps and as soon as i clicked gps and back button, the phone went into loop.

had to visit moto's customer service again and they installed the os again.

i read in sygic forums that moto phones have some issue with sygic. even the latest moto razr and atrix has compatibility issues with sygic. I tried this fix https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sdincrease.it to increase the sd speed but it does not work on my 16gb sd card !!!!

http://support.sygic.com/sygic/topics/freezes_on_motorola_mb525_aka_moto_defy?from_gsfn=true

now i hv decided to leave more memory in my phone to prevent this loop happening again. am using v 11.2.3

No issues on my defy

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

ur using the old version :P