Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jabir

Setting up Server on Static IP address

Hi my dear friends

As I have searched our forum regarding this found nothing.

I have opted for static ip on my netconnect plus and I got it activated.

I want to use this static ip for ftp and database server. I have checked my static ip.with what is my ip.com and pinged from another connection to this. Pinged susccessfully. But I can't access this static ip with windows explorer from another PCB with BROADBAND. I want to setup a Db server and ftp server? Dear techies could u please help me on this?

what i can tel you is:

- you need to use port FWD in your router/modem

- use a different ip to access your server don't use same internet use another - your home or neighbors - then it might reveal

- ping works when you use same net but servers don't allow same ip to use same ip for login - dont know why

1306880186DM52M6.jpg

next time please write more details of OS u r using and what you wanna do

• Like 1

just a note, static ip is not necessary to access your pc from outside

u can create free account at dyn.com/dns and add that info to your router or,

assign static ip to ur pc (and not dhcp) & do port forwarding+run a dns client in your pc.

for now, do port forwarding @router to that ip, and it will work !

• Like 1

^^^ fro FTP, you may have to open a port. By default, FTP port is 21 but it is very risky to open this port. you throw open your gates for hackers and all malware attacks. better to use different port. these settings can be done on the router itself.

• Like 1

Thanks all for ur help and suggestion. I am using reliance netconnect plus modem ZTE AC2726 and i dont know how to get into the settings of modem. i have port forwarded BSNL Broadband modem sometime before. But i dont know how to getinto this. While using BSNL modem its by entering the gateway ip 192.168.1.1. for ZTE there may be different thing. Please help..

MY OS Windows XP Proffessional SP2

I want to run MSSQL Server and an FTP Server. MY software is MSSQL based and i want to connect the DB thru internet from remote system. I can Ping from another broadband or internet to my Static ip. Pinging successfully. I even got connected thru windows netmeeting thru from other broadband to transfer files or chat. But for using DB and to see files of remote pc i dont know what to do please help

it wil be very very slow in this on xp - i have tried it - it world like hell

i did using creating a DNS server and then attaching a DB it in remote location

i connected the two PC using Hamachi

---- instead use RPD you will have peace of mind

• Like 1

When you say you can't see the other PC 'using windows explorer' - do you mean 'Internet explorer' (browser) OR do you mean the Windows File/Folder Explorer ?

Because windows explorer will only show you files on the other IP when you share some folders by right clicking them on the other PC.

If you put the IP in a browser it will only show you a page if you have got a Web Server running on the other PC for eg IIS or Apache or Nginx etc

Now for using DB you need to run the server on the other PC and then either give that ip for your db requests or maybe set it up with webserver etc.

First see If you can share folders on the other PC and see them when you put share path (for ex \\115.240.241.111\myshare )

Then install IIS on the other PC and check from same PC if you can see IIS page when you type 127.0.0.1 in your browser (or type localhost). Then try from other PC by putting the IP in the browser (for eg http://115.240.241.111 )

If you can see webpage from same PC but not from other, then check firewall (or just stop it for some time to identify the problem). If firewall is off and you can ping then you should see the webpage.

Once above 2 steps are working try to ftp/db server. First try both on the same PC by using localhost or 127.0.0.1 instead of IP. If that's working only then try from the remote machine.

BTW, please tell me how to apply for getting a fixed/static IP on Reliance netconnect+ or on Reliance 3G data cards. I didn't know they provide that. Using dyndns.org or noip.com is ok for limited use but gets cumbersome if you have a lot of machines

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1