Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Maulik.Parekh

Motorola Photon - SMS Received Many Times

Hello All,

I am facing a wiered issue.

When I am texting from my phone, the same SMS is received multiple times (about 10 or more times) by the recepient. And that too all texts are received in a gap of 50 minutes.

I had installed GoSMS and it seems that problem stated since then. So I uninstalled GoSMS, problem didnt go away.

As a last resort, I factory resetted the phone, but the same issue is still there.

Is this my phone problem or provider problem (Tata Docomo).

I am using Motorola Photon with 198_6 update (latest stock update from Motorola).

Please help me.

its a Service Provider Problem

Not a handset Problem,

I am fighting with TATA Docomo CC but they are not understanding .... they say everything is fine from their side ....

It could be a issue of Network or Handset as well.

Try sending SMS from other handset so that you can come to know. Also if its a Pre-Paid you must be getting balance alerts for every SMS sent.

Yes I get alerts .. but unfortunately USSD is not coming on Photon .. even then I get blank USSD alerts .. M gonaa try on a different handset but unfortunately I dont have one right now .. Will let u all knw after I test it from a different handset.

It would certainly be a network related issue. Rare probability of issue with Handsets. I had used Tata docomo once and had faced a similar type of issue. However the repetition count was two or three. Need to be checked and fixed by Service Provider only.

Experienced the same issue in Videocon and heard about from few Uninor and BSNL customers too... So most probably NOT a handset issue, imho...

^

I also faced similar issue before with BSNL subscribers.

This is most probably not a handset issue. If one searches Motorola support forums, the same issue is there with many other Motorola handsets too. And google search shows the same issue with other handset brands across many different networks and countries.

One plausible cause for this is that the handset is within the range of two mobile towers and switches alternatively between them. Now when an SMS is sent, a control flag received from the tower tells the handset that SMS is received. For whatever reasons, in two tower scenario, the handset does not receive the control flag and that's why it thinks SMS is not sent and keeps on sending it multiple times.

@Maulik

Are you facing the issue at all locations OR from a particular location only? Check with other location. If you don't face the issue in all locations , then the above explanation holds good.

GO SMS with Motorola Photon BLUR = BAD CHOICE

By the way SMS is sent or downloaded by Android Core Telephony Framework, and once SMS is received Core Tekephony just raise the "SMS RECEIVE INTENT" which is then Processed by all SMS apps and whats app have Notofication on will alert you GO SMS is just SMS Manager niether it send SMS or Receive

• Like 2

Ok ..that was informative .. +1 for tht

The problem here is that receipients receive messages in an interval of approx 50 mins .. i.e when i text once in night.. at about 10 pm.. then sms is received by number every hour for the whole night .. last time it was 12 sms were received till morning .. the other guy cud not sleep .. so the two tower thing is a remote possibility i believe

Is my android system corrupt?

I have factory reset the phone twice through GUI ..

Meanwhile. I am struggling with tata docomo. :-(

GO SMS with Motorola Photon BLUR = BAD CHOICE

:previous: Hetal bhai can you please elobrate on this?

Ok ..that was informative .. +1 for tht

Dear you forgot to give him +1 or vote up his post. :winko:

Ohh yess ....

Now I again factory reset the phone ... Called Tata CC a thousand times and the problem is gone.

I asked Tata CC if they did anything and their reply was 'nothing was changed from their side'

Now I dont know who solved this prooblem .. but it is solved .. how do I do forensic investigation so that in future we know our mistake .. if at all it is ours ???

Bhai mere its a Operator Issue

had faced this on my Sim based CDMA as well...

Parin explain that again - Bhai mere

2946438-young-tired-and-with-headache-reading-a-sms-on-her-cellphone-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Ok Guys .. since I was very much fed up with this issue .. I wanted to find the root cause ... The issue is with Phone .....

Now since Tata guys showed me that they indeed had received SMS requests from handset and there was no problem at their end .. so i tried it to single out the issue ...

I installed one by one app on the phone and then sent SMS to my moms phone .. and checked it after every 6 hours ...

Suddendly when I installed IBM Sametime our Corporate IM client .. I could see multiple SMS going ....

But accidently many of my colleagues are using sametime on Android devices (2.3.3) but they are not facing this issue ... but I am on the photon ... colleagues have installed on Galaxy S & S2.

Now maybe this is a problem between MotoBlur and Sametime .. donno ...

Android is a very fast developing community where apps are made without much rigorous testing/standardisation since Time to Market is so important for it to survive ...

At last Iast I am not re-installing all non-required/fun apps which are not for daily use .... Caution to all ...

dear friend- my brother is using vodafone in motorola photon. He is facing a weird issue wherein he is not getting an call charges alert after the call gets completed. Neither is he getting to know his account balance or evdo usage data by punching the Sms codes. No problem with voice & data.. Pls help

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

^^^ Photon doesn't support USSD Codes.

I also had this problem in photon but I'm sure its network related. Because the day I got this problem I switched my phones to check the issue. I got SMS problem after changing phones also. I was using Samsung Focus.

it continued for a day or two. Then SMS delivery went back to normal.