Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sujit_k

Unethical Profit Of Reliance GSM in Orissa Circle

I understand that the call rates in reliance are 0.012p/sec in my circle.

So why is it that the balance is shown only upto 2 digits after decimal. eg Rs 21.56 /- ?

Whereas other operators show the account balance upto 3 digits after decimal. eg.Rs 21.561 /- Even reliance has this facility in delhi circle.. So why not in Orissa circle ?

When this is taken for a single individual, the figure might seem low., But for total of 38,92,072

subscribers in Orissa, for every second that each subscriber makes a call and reliance rounds it up to the next paise ( eg 0.012 p is shown in balance deducted as 0.02p) Reliance makes a profit of( Rs 0.008 x 38,92,072) = Rs 31136.57 UNETHICALLY.

Correct me if I am wrong :-)

If any operator (even reliance) can put 3 digits after decimal, then logically they will be surely wrong. As Indian currency's smallest countable unit is 0.01 paisa, that too theoretically only practically even reserve bank also has stopped 25 paise. Hence, rounding off is certainly not unethical. For all customer / circle wise they should be having uniform practice for such kind of rounding of, since a single company uses single commercial software for billing etc.. Otherwise, at every aspect of life, you may encounter & doubt unethical profit by agencies like banks, brokers, traders etc.

^^^ boss i respect your understanding of rounding off.. but when they are charging 0.012 (= 1.2p/sec) they should not do rounding. Vodafone does not do it, neither do Airtel. And everyday suppose u are makin 10 calls, then you are DONATING 8 paise to the company by the practice of rounding :)

^^^^^

Afaik, AirHELL is rounding off in TN, when I used their service 1.5 years back... What they are doing is if it comes to 39.6p, they round it off to 40p and if it comes to 49.2p they take it as 49 p... So a 0.2p more in one case and 0.2p less in other case... So NOT a huge difference imho...

But if they take 49.2p as 50p, then they are doing un-ethical things... So I guess Sujit ji is right here as he is saying RGsm charges 2p instead of 1.2p or correct-round-off 1p for a ONE SECOND call...

If any operator (even reliance) can put 3 digits after decimal, then logically they will be surely wrong. As Indian currency's smallest countable unit is 0.01 paisa, that too theoretically only practically even reserve bank also has stopped 25 paise

@silent_god ji, if showing balance in 3-digit-decimal is logically wrong, then charging 1.2p (Rs0.012) is also logically WRONG...

If any operator (even reliance) can put 3 digits after decimal, then logically they will be surely wrong. As Indian currency's smallest countable unit is 0.01 paisa, that too theoretically only practically even reserve bank also has stopped 25 paise. Hence, rounding off is certainly not unethical. For all customer / circle wise they should be having uniform practice for such kind of rounding of, since a single company uses single commercial software for billing etc.. Otherwise, at every aspect of life, you may encounter & doubt unethical profit by   agencies like banks, brokers, traders etc.

by that same logic, they should also not claim to offer a tariff of 1.2 p/sec, as the lowest unit is 1 p.  if they are offering a tariff in fraction of a paisa, they should also account for it in fraction of a paisa. otherwise, they should restrict the tariff to 6 p / 5 sec or something similar, in multiples of 1 paisa, with no fractions.

Edited by commonman

Here in orissa circle we are getting plans from operators like 2p/3sec all local and std calls ( Rs 9/- for 1 month by Voda ) :D

This thing happens in every field the petrol or diesel are never calculated to full rupee they are at 75.94 Rs /litre or 44.54 Rs /litre (diesel) but you have to give the amount as rounded off to the next rupee ie Rs 76 in first case and Rs 45 in second case

What do you have to tell about this

Even if you say you have to fill your petrol for Rs 100 they will fill for Rs 99.94

• Like 1

^^^

Valid Point dear Shabz. :)