Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dev997

Reliance CDMA on Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE

manojsadh

Congrats! You finally got 4.2.1

I am using EVDO over GA02 without any issues. I don't know why it is not wokring for you guys. Do you get 3G signal(3G written on top of signal bar) when you use GA02 or just 1X?

manojsadh

I am using EVDO over GA02 without any issues. I don't know why it is not wokring for you guys. Do you get 3G signal(3G written on top of signal bar) when you use GA02 or just 1X?

Dear Funky ace , i am thinking to move back to 4.1.1 again then try to update via ota and then want to check will GA02 work with evdo or not .

Plz tell me from where i can get complete images to again reload 4.1.1 via fastboot or odin . downloded complete image from google ( https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/imageshttps://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images ) is it okay to use this image via odin or there are some other images also ( for reliance )

Dear funky ace and all others who are using EVDO in GA02 radio , plz go in to settings => about phone => status and check mobile network type , is it cdma 1x or cdma revision r6 ( or something link that )

plz help

manojsadh

Dear Funky ace , i am thinking to move back to 4.1.1 again then try to update via ota and then want to check will GA02 work with evdo or not .

Plz tell me from where i can get complete images to again reload 4.1.1 via fastboot or odin . downloded complete image from google ( https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/imageshttps://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images ) is it okay to use this image via odin or there are some other images also ( for reliance )

Dear funky ace and all others who are using EVDO in GA02 radio , plz go in to settings => about phone => status and check mobile network type , is it cdma 1x or cdma revision r6 ( or something link that )

plz help

If FC12 is working fine for you then no need to go back to 4.1.2 and then trying to get 4.2.1 OTA. GA02 is a improvement but that doesn't mean FC12 was a failure. Like I said, if it works then keep it. Chances are that going through all the troublesome methods of downgrading and then upgrading won't change a thing.

Btw, the link didn't worked. If you are going to downgrade then make sure it is Sprint's ROM and not Verizons or GSM. You might end up bricking your phone if you flash wrong ROM.

Dear funky ace , tried everything by in last two days. Fastboot , Odin , reinstall images many times , also installed stock rom ( 4.1.1 ) available at Google code and then updated to 4.2.1 via OTA Too. but Evod is not working with GA02.

This is the true that we got 3g sign with signal when we use internet with GA02 but when you check Mobile network type ( under setting=> about => status ) it will show you cdma 1x RTT:7 . "speed is also slow due to 1x."

Also if you are under Evdo coverage area ,when you use WIFI network , instant phone uses EVDO network type for voice , but again when phone need mobile data it will move to 1x .

plz check same and update us . may be you are having something better than us.

Also i am not able to make conference calls in 4.1..1 and also in 4.2.1 can you plz tell me how to do that.

Hey Gaurav,

First of all, Thanks for the details steps and reference links for the OTA.

Hi All,

I got the updated 4.2.1.

1. Now I wanna to create SD Card partition. for the same I need to root my device.

So, Do I need to download and use c5ea6e959840.update_mysidspr_FH05_to_GA02.zip?

and Do I need to follow same procedure as Nexus 4 with Wug's Nexus Root toolkit?

As SD Card partition is very handy for many when flashing new roms or doing factory reset (last time when did factory reset, nothing happened to SD card data.

2. Also, I am also facing the same problem like many people facing the data issues of EVDO.

i.e. a) when I switched OFF data, Mobile network type (About phone > Status > Mobile network type) is showing CDMA - EvDo rev A:6

B) and, when I switched ON data, Mobile network type (About phone > Status > Mobile network type) is showing CDMA - 1xRTT:7

I think, it like some Evdo data settings update is required.

And I took backup of APN settings before unrooting. can I use the same? will it work? is there any easier way to do it.

Or do I need any other details from the seller?

Thanks in advance

Okay me too confirming here that EVDO didn't work for me on GA02...Today I changed the radio to FC12 and EVDO working fine now...

People who updated to 4.2.1 and having issues with GA02 can flash FC12... I am attaching the Radio file...

1. Just place it in your SD card...

2. reboot into recovery.

3. Install from sd card.

4. Select Zip from SD card.

5. done.

The attached file is for CWM Recovery only...Not tested on TWRP....

http://http://www.filefactory.com/file/2ile0lxl9575/n/toroplus_full_radios-FC12_zip

Edited by amit.shippie

I second above observation... Wasted a day on researching...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Anybody using MHL HDMI convertor to connect with HD tv? I am planning to buy a MHL cable so want to know the experience if already tried.

Anybody using MHL HDMI convertor to connect with HD tv? I am planning to buy a MHL cable so want to know the experience if already tried.

tried the mhl adapter with samsung infuse works well for mirroring the phone screen but i personally prefer wifi dongle for my bravia 40 led can stream movies through allshare and dlna.

Thanks nik. Rather than movies, I was actually thinking of playing game like NFS on 42" screen.

And my TV dates back to "pre-smart" era, so no wifi, dlna etc!

Guys plz help- i m not abe to program my nexus

I had successfully read the msl and now i had flash back to stock rom

and after that when ever i flash radio fc12

networks disappears and it shows MODEM EXCEPTION ERROR and in about us (meis msd and all show unknown)

and when i flash again stock rom it goes to normal

what to do and how to flash radio?

Guys plz help- i m not abe to program my nexus

I had successfully read the msl and now i had flash back to stock rom

and after that when ever i flash radio fc12

networks disappears and it shows MODEM EXCEPTION ERROR and in about us (meis msd and all show unknown)

and when i flash again stock rom it goes to normal

what to do and how to flash radio?

When you say Stock ROM, which version does that mean? As far as programming Sprint Version is concerned you don't necessarily need FC12 radio. I programmed mine on FH05 radio. For using 1X and EVDO you will need FC12, but you shouldn't be thinking about that right now. Do the basic programming for Voice and Text first and then think about Internet.

Edited by funky_ace
  • Like 1

Hi,

I'm using Samsaung Galaxy Nexus of Sprint for my Reliance number. Wanted to know if I hard reset my phone, do I need to do the programming again to get it working.

Has anyone upgraded the Sprint Galaxy Nexus to 4.2.2 . If so is EVDO working.

I am facing a weird problem with my Galaxy Nexus. I am on 4.2.1 and 2 days back all of sudden wifi stopped working. Now the wifi option in Settings menu is 'Grayed' out and am unable to switch it 'ON'.

Can someone help with this

Hi,

I'm using Samsaung Galaxy Nexus of Sprint for my Reliance number. Wanted to know if I hard reset my phone, do I need to do the programming again to get it working.

yes, but not full !!

I am facing a weird problem with my Galaxy Nexus. I am on 4.2.1 and 2 days back all of sudden wifi stopped working. Now the wifi option in Settings menu is 'Grayed' out and am unable to switch it 'ON'.

Can someone help with this

tried battery pull ?

Any other function stopped working ?

@Hitesh,

Tried Battery pull & Factory reset but still Wifi remains Grayed Out

@Hitesh,

Tried Battery pull & Factory reset but still Wifi remains Grayed Out

^^^

Must be some issue with radio or your rom,

Factory reset should resolve this. If not than change the ROM.

@kapilji,

Done factory Reset twice but still the problem remains

I am on stock ROM 4.1.1.

Am contemplating trying out new ROMs (like CM or any AOSP variants).

Need to clarify a few doubts before I proceed.

1. Would I need to do any programming post flashing?

2. I am used to flashing ROMs on my DINC, is the procedure same on GNEX too? Or any special care is needed specific to this phone?

Edited by amtrag

@kapilji,

Done factory Reset twice but still the problem remains

Than play with ROMs. see wifi works on which ROM. The same happened on my Motorola D3 and I had to live with CM9.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I have been using a sprint galaxy nexus with Reliance cdma bought from India.

Now, I am going to USA for my studies. I would like to know if will be able to use this phone in USA with Sprint.

If yes, how do I reconfigure it for Sprint?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

Now, I am going to USA for my studies. I would like to know if will be able to use this phone in USA with Sprint.

Try use cricket there. Good call and data txt plans for other carrier phones .

Hello everyone,

Try use cricket there. Good call and data txt plans for other carrier phones .

ohh ok..Thanks for your suggestion... but will I face any issues there because its available in India without bill?

Plus, the carrier company will do its programming or I would have to do it?