Hw do u think reliance infocomm will change wid anil ambani  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Hw do u think reliance infocomm will change wid anil ambani

• A new youthful exuberance will be seen
    • It will go down the dumps
    • There Will Be no change
    • New offers will soon be seen and reliance will start makin profits
    • None Of the Above ... I have My own opinion which i will tell in my reply

Anil Ambani has taken control over Reliance infocom which is still running in heavy losses. Information from an insider.

Alok

im worried, how anil is going to take ric further.

he was the man who was never ever interested in ric project.

he'd oppsed a lot to invest so much money in ric project.

how is he goona handle a thing which he never liked, never supported.

god knows.

lets wait and watch..

hope best....

Anil is very god in running bussiness while Mukesh is good in establishing bussiness. New projects of RIC may get red signal. Netway myt be delayed.

but lets hope for best.

this is actually a tough question:

i agree that most new projects will be delayed for 1-2 quarters at least pending review & revisions & even possibly renegotiations

if the vendors have F&F links (friends & family) to the current bosses, they will probably get terminated/axed

this will be a short term negative (delayed launches) and a long term positive (more transparency & better corp gov)

Anil would not want to sell or close RIC since he will be left with a relatively small empire;

despite the fact he opposed the methods used, he is still passionate (at least publicly) about dhirubhai's vision (in general) of cheap communications for the masses (in particular)

Initaially this problem is solved no major new schemes will be seen , mya be some minor changes toe xisting schemes but nothing major. regarding his working on rim its know to all that evrybody wants money so anil has to get this profitable and it will run the business like mukesh does. may be he has a diff way to get the goals but the aim is same of both the brother with repsect to any business and that is profits. regadign losses evey mega company in initiall stages makes losees , just see the histry of pepsi and coke they made losses for years and now they r the kings in the market. its like a investment for future income. relaince has just started to charge r world. even people r excited for facility like caller tune for which they will sheel out aarund rs. 30 and say if even 25% csutomer subscribe just see what they earn for nothing. relaince just wants to increase the customer base so that it gets barganing power becuase definately a company with 1 crocre+ customer has to be given weightage. so its exapning now and once its expanins plan till class c city r over then it will go on with revenue. the freddom plan is also a sucees and they r getiting mroe and more data users. this is just the start i think .....!!....

yes I agree

Anil requires profit. therfore plicies of company will continue but with a minor change.

anil is very good in running bussiness. i hope to get a really good handset with reliance.

i hope to get a really good handset with reliance.

29180[/snapback]

hah hah :blink:

im worried, how anil is going to take ric further.

he was the man who was never ever interested in ric project.

he'd oppsed a lot to invest so much money in ric project.

how is he goona handle a thing which he never liked, never supported.

god knows.

lets wait and watch..

hope best....

29122[/snapback]

lol intrest or no intrest if anil gets relianceinfocomm he has to make it a profitable company!!!!!!!!

yup there will be changes as there are in other companys from time to time but i do expect major changes in terms of EXECUTIVES all supporting mukesh wont be continuing with the firm.

It's business as usual: Reliance Info COO

Sreenivasan Jain - NDTV Profit

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 (Mumbai):

For sometime now, telecom giant Reliance Infocomm has been in the eye of a storm even as many believe it gets ready to be handed over to Anil Ambani.

For the first time today, the COO of Reliance Infocomm told NDTV that irrespective of whether Anil or Mukesh heads the telecom giant, its business as usual.

At the state-of-the-art Reliance Infocomm headquarters on the outskirts of Mumbai, there is little evidence of the storm raging outside.

The telecom giant and Mukesh Ambani's baby may now find itself changing hands.

Breaking their silence for the first time, Kamal Nanavati, COO, Reliance Infocomm said that be it Anil or Mukesh, they are here to stay.

"Normally people would presume this is in a country like India. But we are a professional business. Infocomm is a new generation business. It is manned by an entire set of professionals. It doesn't matter to them who is at the helm of affairs," said Nanavati.

However, there is still considerable speculation over Mukesh's absence at Infocomm headquarters.

"As the business became stable, we don't require him as much as often as was the case earlier," Nanavati added.

Critical timing

The timing of these words is critical. In another 10 days, Reliance Infocomm will announce its results which will indicate whether the company has finally posted a profit or as some reports suggest for the third year in row still remain in the red.

Fuelling concerns are Infocomm's battle with telecom regulators where in it has been accused for wrongly passing off international calls as domestic calls.

"I don't think we've done anything which we believe which is contrary to what is interpreted by us. If someone interprets its differently then its a question of going to somebody above us and whatever they say we do," said Nanavati.

Meanwhile, Infocomm's results will be critical not just for its subscribers but also to determine its valuation.

This will be the final chapter in the family battle before it changes hands

from one Ambani to the next.

Reliance Info ignores family feud; eyes 10-fold jump in users

100 mn subscribers by 2008: Infocomm

PRESS TRUST OF INDIA

Friday, April 22, 2005 at 1543 hours IST

NEW DELHI, APRIL 22: Reliance Infocomm on Friday outlined an ambitious target of a ten-fold increase in subscriber base to 100 million by 2008 saying the Ambani family developments had no effect on professional management of the company.

"We have entered into a growth phase now. It is on my wish list to raise our subscriber base to 100 million in the next three years from the present 10 million," Kamal Nanavati, chief operating officer, Reliance Infocomm, told PTI.

Asked whether the developments in the Ambani family regarding the ownership of the over Rs 90,000 crore empire was affecting the functioning of the company, especially at the level of execution of plans, Nanavati said ‘absolutely not.’

"The Infocomm business has been run in a extremely professional manner. The responsibilities have been decentralised at the circle level. There are 88 clusters throughout the country and targets are well-defined. In such a scenario there is no possibility of any plan execution getting affected," he said.

About the impact of Tatas' aggressive expansion of their telecom business, including an additional investment of Rs 10,000 crore by August 2006, on Reliance Infocomm's positioning, he said "telecom sector is expanding very fast and there is certainly need for many big players."

Projecting that telecom subscriber base in India would touch 400 million by 2008, Nanavati said, "We certainly do not have a majority share but we can expect it to be around 22-25 per cent."

i think 100 M by '08 is a bit optimistic but its doable by 2010...

but 20-25% share is certainly more probable by 08.

i did not think they would reach 5 M after the 1st year, and they made it by having 'soft' and 'commercial' launches spaced out over 4-5 months and good old monsoon hungama after which they recently had to get rid of almost 1 M defaulting customers.

so if we deduct the 1 m, we get 4 m in the first year of commercial service and about 3 m in the 1 year after soft launch.

the point is it seems to be possible to claim success by simply changing terms around!

Whether Anil runs or Mukesh, the point is, they both are the products of Mr. Dhirubhai, so for the common man things will still be the same i.e. deceit lies and false promises, and worst more hikes in rates.

Their offers - speacial bonanza are short lived and soon thrown out with more costlier rates which effectively nullifies the good effect of cheaper rates.

GSM still rules, sad to say.

:clap: Anil Ambani is known to be very arrogant and high handed. Infocom management would like to work with Mukesh rather than Anil and will move to RIL. Anil will have to put up a new management structure.

Alok

Anil seems to me just a shiner, and he is in company of Amarsing and Mulayam. I doubt about his business sense, since he has joined the politics with his buddies. Although he may gain short term in UP, long term it's definate loss. Mukesh seems to be real businessman, he has pocketed all the politicians whether it is congress or BJP so he can play his shots irrespective of who rules.

I'm not trying to defend one brother or another but its a little silly to think that a Wharton MBA who has handled billions of dollars of financing for the last decade would not have 'business sense'.

unless you all are getting your info from people who have directly dealt with either one, its all simply rumors with little basis in fact.

yes, his choice of political bedfellows is questionable but not his business acumen.

in fact he has been arguing for more transparency, accountability, and better corp gov for the investors for almost a year now.

only a handful of indian business leaders wont have any political skeltons in their closets (Ratan Tata comes to mind) but as long as they do the right thing for their stakeholders, thats always more important in the long run...