Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
silent_god

Dialing a landline from PC - Optipoint 500

I am looking forward for a solution to dial phone number from a PC..

Scheme is like this :

In our office, we have Siemens HiPath 4000 system for telephones.

Few of the landline (LL) instrument provided to various users are Optipoint 500 - standard. These LL phone has a USB connection (1.1 type), which can be connected to our computers.

Now, my query / requirement is that can we install some software on our PC (with win7, 64 bit), so that we can dial phone numbers from computer to these landline ?

It is only about controling the landline basic behaviour - of dialing numbers. No complicated functionalities (like voice data transfer from landline to PC, use landline as a modem etc) is required.

The advantage we want is to dial from PC so that we don't have to retrieve a number from Outlook PC & then, lift the receiver & dial the number ( & also ensure that number is correctly dialed). This will also help us to have a central database of phone numbers so not everyone has to make an excel file on their PC.

Looking forward for some soultion which only reuqires minimum investment..

Hope, my requirement / need is clear. And expect a rock solid soultion from this great forum.

PS : I have manuals for all these equipments, but they have only helped me to get confused further.

Mods : Kindly request you to move this post into appropriate topic.

Edited by silent_god

You will need to install USB drivers for Optipoint 500 and Callbridge TU software stack from Siemens which should then enable windows standard TAPI interface to allow dialling from standard windows dialler/ use outlook contact.

Contact Siemens to get the above.

check if your PC has a old-style 56k modem with Rj-11 connection point (most laptops still have them).

if yes, then as per the manufacturer's website all you need is "optiPoint analog adapter". The analog adapter enables you to connect an additional telephone, fax machine, modem (e.g. a PC with an integrated modem card) or an answering machine with an analog interface and DTMF dialing. .

• Like 1

check if your PC has a old-style 56k modem with Rj-11 connection point (most laptops still have them).

if yes, then as per the manufacturer's website all you need is "optiPoint analog adapter". The analog adapter enables you to connect an additional telephone, fax machine, modem (e.g. a PC with an integrated modem card) or an answering machine with an analog interface and DTMF dialing. .

Hi, thanks for the reply. but, getting this hardware is not possible due to (1) cost reasons & (2) our strict IT policy may not allow this kind of 'too much' interference by a device into their network or create an additional modem facility. Our preference is only some simple software + driver by which we connect Optipoint 500 phone with computer, then it is desirable.

You will need to install USB drivers for Optipoint 500 and Callbridge TU software stack from Siemens which should then enable windows standard TAPI interface to allow dialling from standard windows dialler/ use outlook contact.

Contact Siemens to get the above.

Thanks Rajanbhai, I have installed USB driver. But, no idea, if they are functional, since OS is Win7 & Siemens has stopped upgrading software fot this product since 2010. After installing drivers, I have taken some screen shot. Can this screen shot suggest, if they are fully funcational ?

Also, parallely I am trying to locate Callbridge software. Any links / site details if available will be very much useful.

Thanks for replying.

optipoint 500.ppt

USB driver seems installed.

Check this german forum topic for 64 Bit Callbridge software >> http://tapicall.de/f...ad&threadID=161

You may have to google translate each post by copying & pasting as direct google translate on webpage is not working.

• Like 1

thanks for the link. I am trying to work out, but the problem is There is hardly any help from Siemens website is available. Even support website of Siemens Enterprise is so vast & full of so many academic stuff that finding support is like searching without google.

I mean such a simple requirement & such a complex solution is enough deterrent to the user..

silent god, do not try to get help from Siemens - if they create such a website with a support that cannot be found, they may not intend to help their customers.

However, you should try a software PBX instead of tinker a network in your office that you cannot use. I recommend the Ozeki PBX, we use it for a long time

and it works troublefree. Take a look at this page: http://www.ozekiphone.com/what-is-voip-phone-343.html

You can check the system with downloading the trial version. In opposite to the Siemens, the Ozeki Phone System has a very helpful support service.

silent god, do not try to get help from Siemens - if they create such a website with a support that cannot be found, they may not intend to help their customers.

However, you should try a software PBX instead of tinker a network in your office that you cannot use. I recommend the Ozeki PBX, we use it for a long time

and it works troublefree. Take a look at this page: http://www.ozekiphon...-phone-343.html

You can check the system with downloading the trial version. In opposite to the Siemens, the Ozeki Phone System has a very helpful support service.

As I mentioned earlier. We have a fix set of hardware like HiPath 4000 & Optipoint phone, so that can't be changed. Only thing I can afford is some freeware or some available software from OEM. So, can you help me with that ?