Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

Hardware Purchase Suggestion Requests

Planning to buy a 1.5 ton split a/c.Confused between inverter a/c and 5 star a/c. which one should I buy which is good any good deals please suggest.

TIA

Planning to buy a 1.5 ton split a/c.Confused between inverter a/c and 5 star a/c. which one should I buy which is good any good deals please suggest.

TIA

If you are planning for 10+ hours runtime go for inverter or else go for 5 star rated ac .Inverter ac will give you constant cool air flow but 5 star will work stop and start technology.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

TIA

If your budget permits n you really expect comfortable cooling from your ac, surely go for inverter model of any reputed brand..

Apart from massive savings in electricity bill, you'll really enjoy consistent cooling... In case of any non inverter model, temperature is achieved by turning compressor on /off at regular intervals.. But in case of inverter, it does so by managing rpm. This makes it very comfortable..

You'll surely find the worth of the extra amount you are paying..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

^^^

@ Deepak Shankar

Correct me if I am wrong. During my AC purchase in past, I used a simple logic. That if inverter AC saves power by avoiding "on/off" cycle while cooling, then why not reduce the "on/off" cycle itself in normal AC by going in for a one size smaller AC ?

Like in case of 1.5 t requirement, if we go for 1.2 t capacity AC, then, naturally on/off cycle will reduce, since it takes more time for 1.2 t AC to cool where requirement is 1.5 t. Assuming 1.5 t AC does 5 on/off cycle in an hour, then 1.2 t AC may do 3 to 4 on/off cycle in same period. If capacity is even lower like 1 t, then, this on/off cycle will reduce it further. I have purchased an spilt AC of 1 t, however, my room size requirement is in same range. Dealer was suggesting for 1.5 t or 1.2 t (very few model in this range), but I have purchased 1 t, with above logic. This will increase "cooling down period" initially. So, what I do is make it run for 16°C for 10 / 15 minutes & then, change over to 25-26°C for rest of the night / day. Works great. I have panasonic, 5 star AC.

but, from experience, of using this, I can give you good advice at least for remote. Check, if remote has display with light / for glowing buttons etc. Since, @ night, when you want to change some setting due to over chill or over heat, you have to get some light source, like mobile phone, main light etc disturbing others in deep sleep. But, this probably a small part of decision making.

• Like 6

Thanks all for the inputs shall look into all things mentioned here meanwhile if there is good deal online do let me know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

^^^ you reduced the on/off cycle but did you calculate the power requirement? saving is measure in terms of reduced power consumption. Simply buying low capacity means you are running the machine at highest capacity which has its own problem. In this case, you compressor remains on for longer period that means more power and more ware and tare so life of machine is reduced. Always ask for units of power consumed by a device.

Why on/off cycle consumes more power?

The reason is that whenever a compressor or motor starts, it requires high current. In technical terms it means peak current. So this current can be double the rated current and this is where power consumption is more. In case of inverter, the motor/compressor is always running at variable speed. Even when it starts, it starts a low speed so that current requirement is as low as possible. So you rarely reach so called "peak" current and hence you get maximum savings.

Edited by csmart
  • Like 5

^^^ you reduced the on/off cycle but did you calculate the power requirement? saving is measure in terms of reduced power consumption. Simply buying low capacity means you are running the machine at highest capacity which has its own problem. In this case, you compressor remains on for longer period that means more power and more ware and tare so life of machine is reduced. Always ask for units of power consumed by a device.

Why on/off cycle consumes more power?

The reason is that whenever a compressor or motor starts, it requires high current. In technical terms it means peak current. So this current can be double the rated current and this is where power consumption is more. In case of inverter, the motor/compressor is always running at variable speed. Even when it starts, it starts a low speed so that current requirement is as low as possible. So you rarely reach so called "peak" current.

Well explained , hats off..

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Daily (evenings), I am running out of Battery in S3. So I wish to have a standby basic GSM Mobile for Voice usage.

1. Kindly suggest a dependable (very basic) mobile with good deal.

2. Is < Rs.900 dual SIM mobiles - advertised on daily deals - are dependable to use as few hours standby?

Try any of the old Nokia handsets.. those are very good

• Like 1

Daily (evenings), I am running out of Battery in S3. So I wish to have a standby basic GSM Mobile for Voice usage.

2. Is < Rs.900 dual SIM mobiles - advertised on daily deals - are dependable to use as few hours standby?

Buy this instead - http://www.amazon.com/warranty-ZeroLemon-Extended-Protection-Compatible/dp/B00AKZWGAC - they will ship to India directly - also available on GEB at more price

• Like 2

If we buy it from amazon we have to pay custom and taxes??? Or they will be included??

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Buy this instead - http://www.amazon.com/warranty-ZeroLemon-Extended-Protection-Compatible/dp/B00AKZWGAC - they will ship to India directly - also available on GEB at more price

Dipan bhai I tried purchasing a similar product but amazon wont ship to India so either have it shipped locally and get it here or shop n ship or at best ebay geb.One more thing I noticed at amazon was that exchange rate was at 3 + than normal rate since this was my first I noticed this not sure if thats how international transactions work

I had purchased recently from Amazon and they do ship to India. Shipping cost will be calculated automatically once you enter address

Customs/taxes extra but they send via USPS/India post so generally no need to pay anything

Same is also available on GEB http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=291140525177&ZeroLemon-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-7000mah-Extended-Battery-Black-TPU-Full-Edge-Case which includes shipping/customs/taxes - in fact this is priced cheaper than Amazon one

Edited by digitalnirvana

So if we buy from amazon it will cost around 2500rs...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

^^^

Amazon site indicated, E. Battery ~ Rs.2500 & shipping ~ Rs.954. But GEB = Rs. 3807

When we use such Extended battery, phone is bulkier (I have used such battery for HTC D Inc2) and can't use the Flip.

So, better to recharge once again in the afternoon / evening before leaving office. Failing, when not able to recharge only, as a stand by - for Emergency - I thought of using a basic < Rs.900 handset.

Absolutely, it is personal preference

Good luck either way

Hey guys...I am looking for some house surveillance system, however it should be small enough so I can hide it someplace. Does anybody know of any such device and how to get it. I do not mind if I can even get it on hire for few days also.

other option could be trying different ROM. I am using OmniRom on my Note 2. earlier I have to charge at evening. After this ROM, it goes for 30+ hours.

• Like 1

Looking for gaming console, either Xbox 1 or PS4. Can anyone confirmed whether it is good to buy from grey market?

hi, @vabs

i just bought it, tried with reliancenetconnect+ (zte ac2738),

pl help with settings, 3g/4g indentifies but no internet

wifi connects to laptop

in 3g/4g settings, i change to india & reliance netcoonect with ( #777 dailer)

if i use manual then apn=rcomnet , id: net , pass = net or 777 ????

this what i have done

^^ currently i m not at home n dont recall the exact setting. Will be back home on tuesday can only be able to let u know exact setting till then guru can help.. sorry mate

Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2

@Vinod - Which router did you try to set it up with?

Was it TPLink 3020? If yes, I can tell you the solution.

For CDMA :

Select Manual settings.

APN : blank

ID : net

Pass : net

Dial No. : #777

• Like 1

I am looking for an LED Tv to be installed in my SVU. I tracked down world tech 24" for 13800 in amazon.in.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/offer-listing/B00GTPVCVQ/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

any alternative suggestions with regard to quality or price?