Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KanagaDeepan

SCAM is possible in eBAY with PaisaPay too... HOPEFULLY here is one example..

LINK

I came across the above link when I was looking for WiFi USB Dongle like Huawei E355.

The seller (with recently modified ID) claims impossible one that for Rs999/- he can give UNLIMITED FREE internet access on ANY UNLOCKED data card for FREE :giggle: , (and that procedure has to be repeated every month). He further explains that its NOT a network technique, but a HARDWARE technique accomplished by SOFTWARE... He will send one password protected zip file with reqd sw to get UnLimited FREE Internet when you pay by PaisaPay. He will send the pwd for zip file only after you confirm item receipt :icon_rofl: and giving +ve feedback :haha:

This listing has started in August 2013 onlyand 7 victims so far... :suicide: All the +ve BUYER feedback (most are seller feedback given by other sellers) was given by those victims... One tried to be smart and left NEUTRAL feedback to change it to +ve once it works...

-------------------------------

Well, I can't prove this is a scam, even though its almost obvious (so I have to add hopefully to the title)... Only way to check without losing money is by using zip-password cracker (another almost impossible thing--takes years to crack even a 12 digit password) and testing it before accepting item receipt / leaving feedback...

-------------------------------

For regular eBayers:-

1] This shows scam is possible in eBay with even PaisaPay protection.

2] 100% positive feedback is NOT enough :nono: .

_____See all those feedbacks are given by seller or buyer,

_____items that got feedback (seller may have sold 200 Rs5 hair-clips and got 200 +ve feedback and then scam for Rs20000/- items),

_____No of feedbacks of feedback_giver (A dozen +ve feedback by 0 to 2 feedback users may be a cooked-up feedback list)

3] Before buying from seller look for other items he is selling, especially the days of listing of other items

4] Read full listing carefully and if necessary call his phone number (if provided)

5] NEVER click "Item Received" and give positive feedback before getting what u have paid for :Boy Thumbs Up:

6] If the deals looks TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, then it really is :Silbando:

• Like 2

Yes the leave a feedback part is the giveaway, that way s/he is removing the option of ebay dispute

Another new problem is that with the eBay's own shipping program, the buyer has lost control of marking item receipt.

item receipt happens automatically, thereby stripping the last available option

Recently I was shipped with a defective / used Auxus CoreX2 Tab by seller. When I open the ebay guarantee claim, I was told to get warranty from iberry even though there was no invoice or warranty card in the box. The ebay person handling the claim case was not trained enough and he closed the case directing me to go to iberry. I paid full price for an old defective tablet. I have escalated the case but I don't think I will get proper resolution.

All the feedbacks that he received is for last 2 weeks ... anybody tested this ???

I couldn't agree more that this is fishy but everything doesn't end with positive feedback left and item receipt.

those of you who haven't tried yet the eBay buyer's protection program under which every transaction is covered.

secondly even with paisapay you have the option to claim item not as described. so even when you are wise enough to fall prey to this kind of password scheme which doesn't work. you can claim on eBay till 30days after the purchase.

long back a power seller sold a phone case as being OEM leather product. after using it for 20 it showed it's true color and started wearing off. I made a claim under protection program and got 50 % cash back and didn't even had to return the product as the seller failed to respond appropriately.

so there can be crappy stuff on eBay and you might order against your better judgement but there are strong fall back options. be it any eBay site Indian or international. you are safe with eBay.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I reported this link as it was mentioned the cracked version of IDM is included in the zip.

and now

Sorry, this page is not available at this time

• Please refresh this page on your browser or try again later.

I put this question to the seller.

"after closing the transaction by opting received item and giving positive rating, if the entire procedure is going to be scam, where is my protection for the money I paid. "

His reply is

"this is a humble request to you.... kindly donot make payment if u have even 1% doubt on it...."

@KanagaDeepan

Two things came to my mind!

1. Jab Tak Suraj Chand Rahega, SCAM Tera Nam Rahega!

2. A Gujarati Saying, લોભિયા હોય ત્યાં ધુતારા ભૂખે ના મરે!

(Rough Translation: Cheats/Scammers will prosper wherever there are greedy!)

• Like 5

@RM Lobhiya na dhan dhutara khay.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

i have heard about this trick long back from another guy in a diff forum, he said this works 100%.but was not ready to give details. even i had a spat with him coz he refused to share the details. not that i would have used it but our basic nature is such you want to know all info.

also few manufacturers on buying a data card/mobiles etc give schemes like one month/2 months internet free etc etc, so what guys do is keep flashing the stock firmware and the data resets and you keep getting data free. maybe the seller at ebay is doing something similar.

i knew one guy who got 1 month 3g free with a mmx mobile used to flash the stock rom every month just to get free internet.

But isnt that related to the IMEI ? The operators give you free data based on the device IMEI.. So is he changing the IMEI everytime ?

About 2 - 3 years back I have seen an advertisement in olx that free Internet is possible in Virgin mobile CDMA. I contacted that seller through phone and he told that he will give a software and install that software in Windows XP computer, then I can use Internet free using a unlocked CDMA datacard or unlocked CDMA phone with Virgin CDMA SIM. As my OS is W7, not tried that software.

Free Internet was possible with Virgin Mobile CDMA with unlocked datacard, but only on 1x. Had used it for few months in past.. that was proxy based..

I still think buying on ebay is safe