Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
::Hitesh::

Apple relaunches outdated iPhone 4 in India

Yes, you read that correctly. Apple is relaunching its popular iPhone 4 in the Indian market. The phone was all the rage back in 2010 but is now barely running iOS 7 on a single-core 1 GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM and lowly 8 gigs of storage.

Then there's the pricing - instead of going for something reasonable Apple has priced the iPhone 4 at Rs 22,900, the equivalent of around $370. That's for an 8GB version, mind you.

gsmarena_001.jpg

It seems that the pricey iPhone 5s and uninspiring iPhone 5c aren't doing it for Apple in India where users aren't thrilled by the company removing the iPhone 5. The iPhone 4S looks a more reasonable smartphone at that price, even though it's over two-years old itself.

So what do you think - a blatant slap in the face of Indian buyers, an entirely cash-motivated move by the company or the cheapest way to get an iOS 7 smartphone?

Source

• Like 4

As I said earlier in Moto G thread, launching a phone without sd slot and just 8GB storage is useless. At least Moto G is not an ancient phone and its specs are great Except storage and priced reasonably.

Actually the ship carrying the old first IPhone without 3G was sunk, while on its way to India. Hence Apple is forced to sell IPhone 4 in India now for a very very affordable price of 22 to 23k.

Very very Lucky Indian iPhone fans....

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk pro

there will still be people lining up to pay a premium price for outdated hardware;

that's the power of the brand

if they launch another exchange offer for 3gs and reduce the net price to rs. 15k for iphone4 as reported in ET;

even i would go for it!

its still better than my year old karbonn android ics which overheats or freezes up weekly with pathetic battery life and constantly running out of memory [i.e., ram and not sd card].

this came at a bargain rs. 7k last year but its still a waste of money due to poor quality hardware.

• Like 1

First of all, few days ago, when I made a post with the information of this Apple releasing Iphone 4(quoting ET) in 'News Snippets' thread(at that time the price was rumoured to be Rs.15k), I thought Rs.15k is absolutely waste of money no matter how good the was two years back. And thinking of selling it @ Rs.23k is absolutely stupid on the Apple's local management part. As, H.V.Nath ji said above, there are people with even more stupidity & dumbness and very itchy to show off 'Apple' logo(takes pride more than Late. Steve Jobs himself in doing so).

if they launch another exchange offer for 3gs and reduce the net price to rs. 15k for iphone4 as reported in ET;

even i would go for it!

its still better than my year old karbonn android ics which overheats or freezes up weekly with pathetic battery life and constantly running out of memory [i.e., ram and not sd card].

this came at a bargain rs. 7k last year but its still a waste of money due to poor quality hardware.

Sir ji, if you spend 15K & buy an Android smartphone I'm sure you will get much better handset than Iphone 4. If you are ok with staying with stock rom & don't use that many apps(other than for basic requirements), then I suggest you to try Windows Phone, preferably, Nokia Lumia 520(525 for 10k). You get much buttery smooth UI with Windows Phone 8(that's the reason it can perform much better with lower specs than any Android or IOS phones).

IPhone 4 launched in India for Rs.22900/-. Also Ipad mini at 4999/- rest EMI of Rs.1055/- for 18 months.

Sent from my RM-914 using Tapatalk

^^^^^

Emi for 18 months? But still there are so many people ready to give their soul to the devil like in ghost raider movie...

So apple's trick may work as well...

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk pro