Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

In an absolutely unexpected news, AT&T has been pushing Android Kitkat 4.4.2 to its LG G2 customers. Naturally, the interational(unbranded) LG G2 is expected to be updated first & then in US it usually Sprint or T-mobile(who are known to be less of hindrance between Android updates & its customers), and in fact there were news of 4.4.2 update for Sprint LG G2 is in the advance stages of workings thanks to a UA Profile on Sprint's website hence it might be the first US carrier to push 4.4.2 update to US LG G2 users. But out of no where AT&T is pushing this update starting today(23-02-2014).

LG has made a nice video to show how much the performance difference is between it's Jellybean & Kitkat OS based software. Check the video below.

• Like 3

Thanks vinod ji for the great thread.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Vinod,

I got a Sprint G2 yesterday and after making it RUIM only in DFS, the Talk n Text are working fine for RCDMA but no Data...I haven't touched anything else but I can see that the phone was activated on a sprint account as I was able to see parameter values in DFS.

I would really appreciate if you or some other guru can help me in getting the DATA on this.

PS : The name of the network is shown as some Junk characters like "RJ1KLA1e" instead of Reliance

Thanks

Himanshu

You can't enable data on RUIM mode for your phone. It's a Sprint Activated phone and that's why you are getting that weird characters instead of "Reliance". Your phone has been flashed to other networks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So that means that if a phone is activated on Sprint even once than there is no possibility of getting RUIM Data ??

Is that true? Even if is flashed once to sprint, it would not work with ruim here?

Yeah once NV is flashed, there is no going back unless you have the EFS prior to flashing. So once sprint is activated, EFS is rewritten.

Today 2 complaints about 2 G2 not working out of the box. Brand new. Gotta see tomorrow.

^ But New In Box phones - come with ZV7 firmware right ? At least GSM should work fine. Where did you get these complaints ?

@ev1lb0ygen1us

Is there no way to rewrite the EFS using DFS / CDMA workshop ?

@solarisx21 I believe vinod is talking about brand new g2 not working on Ruim with Data..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

^ But New In Box phones - come with ZV7 firmware right ? At least GSM should work fine. Where did you get these complaints ?

@ev1lb0ygen1us

Is there no way to rewrite the EFS using DFS / CDMA workshop ?

Restoring is indeed possible using apps like freegee etc. But you need to have a backup of EFS beforehand. I'm still not sure how EFS changes when NV is flashed. EFS is a literally just a folder with important network details such as MEID,pESN, ESN, MAC address etc. Im not sure if NV flashing cant affect any of these. Maybe someone can clear it for all of us.

Any progress on this friends as I m getting a bad esn phone & expecting it to work on ruim. My bad luck if no solution for it

@ vinod

I have a g2 which was previously activated on sprint, I can see the mdn and other details of sprint. But as soon as I changed it to ruim only mode and then put in an activated uim, the data was working out of the box. Also the first uim I put in gave me junk characters but when I transferred my primary number to uim and then used on the g2, network is showing correctly as reliance.

• Like 1

Request everybody to ask WW for a new micro, transfer the number to it then try.

DATA WORKS ON ALL G2, Does not matter if its flashed, Request for a new MICRO RUIM from WebWorld, Transfer your current number to it, pop it in to your RUIM only mode G2, DATA will work. !!! EVDO might take a day for reactivation from old RUIM to new RUIM Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 3

BTW if I transfer a working reliance number from NV to a micro sim (RUIM) without HSD deactivation, will I be still getting HSD on NV?

RUIM data works on RUIM mode only, if you have a diff number on NV, DATA will work on it if you change mode to NV only.

BTW if I transfer a working reliance number from NV to a micro sim (RUIM) without HSD deactivation, will I be still getting HSD on NV?

No these days when you transfer your number from NV to RUIM the system automatically frees the MEID so that it can be used to flash a diff number, but then if you have hold like many here, it might just be possible.

• Like 2

RUIM data works on RUIM mode only, if you have a diff number on NV, DATA will work on it if you change mode to NV only.

NO. Thats not what I meant. If i transfer my number from previous phone (NV) to a micro sim, will I have problems getting HSD in RUIM if the previous RSN is left unused. Will be getting HSD on previous RSN only and not on RUIM? If this occurs, will EVDO reprovisioning fix the issue?

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

My wife had a s2 on NV, I sold her s2 and got her a G2 which I got a gift from a fellow member. When I requested WW to release the MEID and give a new SIM, I got a new big SIM with with micro ready. Pushed the micro into the G2, data worked. Now one more thing, I had got the SIM first and had put a request also in WW for transfer of EVDO to SIM. After 5 days I got the G2 from my friend. Data worked the minute I put the SIM. Today tried that SIM in my phone just for the heck of it. Data worked on my phone, that's when I came to know, old SIM won't work.

NO. Thats not what I meant. If i transfer my number from previous phone (NV) to a micro sim, will I have problems getting HSD in RUIM if the previous RSN is left unused. Will be getting HSD on previous RSN only and not on RUIM? If this occurs, will EVDO reprovisioning fix the issue?

Right

Yes micro sim sure makes a diff as far as network name is concerned, data was working on regular Omh sim cut into micro also.

And @vinod I salute ur efforts and dedication towards this handset and to this forum.

Thanks

Edited by Vinod Nayak