Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

Will it harm the cdma and gsm unlocking part?

@st_7

If I am rooted and everything is stock can I use method mention in first step..

I already have update downloaded just waiting for someone to confirm if we can take OTA when we are rooted..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Root will prevent OTA update.

You need to be stock, stock recovery & no root to do the update using OTA.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Will it harm the cdma and gsm unlocking part?

Both work, CDMA data for now only on NV, GSM works with data.

But now with KitKat it's either CDMA on NV or GSM on SIM, can't use both like before.

Any simple way to unroot it...

I don't want to flash stock ZVA..

Try root uninstaller from Google play. Once uninstalled, download root checker and check for root access. If it says no root, BACKUP A NANDROID TO PC. Then update via OTA.

Any simple way to unroot it...

I don't want to flash stock ZVA..

Superuser/settings/full unroot

Guys, which TWRP version are you using? Latest 2.7.0.0 works good with LS980 KK?

Heard with 2.7, scrolling has become more smooth and swift.

Gotta try this holofied theme of TWRP - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2665527

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Did not install, as Im still working on RUIM DATA

I'll summarize my observations here. Correct me if I am wrong.

To unlock Sprint G2 for GSM, rooting is necessary. So if you are GM unlocked chances are that you are rooted already unless you have used a unroot process.

For a rooted device the best option to update is using recovery flash, as suggested by st_7. If some one takes or forces an OTA update on a rooted device, he will face problems like faced by ankurcshah.

In case you have bricked your phone by taking OTA, you can return to stock kitkat by using Tot file method (method 3 in st_7's post).

GSM unlocking still works on KitKat ZVC. CDMA RUIM data is not working on Kitkat ZVC as of now. However, if you have flashed ZVC using a TOT file the GSM unlock will go away and currently there is no known method for GSM unlock on bone stock ZVC

once again, I have just summarized what i have read in this thread and I welcome to be corrected.

Edited by bigbyte

Gsm unlock is there for ZVC. Rest all points are correct

I said that if you update using the .tot file method, you'll return to bone stock ZVC, thereby loosing unlock and the GSM unlocking method is not confirmed in that case. It was mentioned by none other than the creator of GSM unlock method himself in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51580613&postcount=298

and here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51581360&postcount=300

However, since rooting is possible for ZVC, whether pushing the property folder in a bone stock rooted ZVC device makes it unlocked for GSM or not remains to be tested as of now.

I am attempting to figure this out. I am stock and I am rooted and attempted to the build prop edit way to unlock the g2, as I did the other day and it worked flawlessly, but this is my next attempt on a different phone. I did everything the exact same way and I can not pick up a signal. I believe the IMEI may be bad. Would that prevent me from being able to use any of these methods?

I said that if you update using the .tot file method, you'll return to bone stock ZVC, thereby loosing unlock and the GSM unlocking method is not confirmed in that case. It was mentioned by none other than the creator of GSM unlock method himself in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51580613&postcount=298

and here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51581360&postcount=300

However, since rooting is possible for ZVC, whether pushing the property folder in a bone stock rooted ZVC device makes it unlocked for GSM or not remains to be tested as of now.

There is a clean GSM unlock for those who who have used the ZVC.tot & this works for those who have received KK4.4.2 via OTA.

Will post a tutorial soon.

I am attempting to figure this out. I am stock and I am rooted and attempted to the build prop edit way to unlock the g2, as I did the other day and it worked flawlessly, but this is my next attempt on a different phone. I did everything the exact same way and I can not pick up a signal. I believe the IMEI may be bad. Would that prevent me from being able to use any of these methods?

If its a bad ESN it won't work in US as all Operators will be notified.

Can some one confirm if conference call works on reliance ruim

Yes conference works...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Is there a way to force the G2 to use 2G network only on GSM ???

I tried conference call but dint happen on ruim. Pls guide on how to donthe same

I tried conference call but dint happen on ruim. Pls guide on how to donthe same

Are you on RCDMA prepaid? I guess conference call is only for postpaid customers.

• Like 1

Are you on RCDMA prepaid? I guess conference call is only for postpaid customers.

Right... Its available only got Postpaid

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yes, you're right it does not work on CDMA prepaid

^

Oh....I never considered indoors and outdoors, I was indoors both times I checked. Thanks :) , will try that out.

Any luck? Please do report back your experience. Might help many.

Thanks

I do not have the device with me, was looking at a friends device....will update as soon as I meet him the next time. :)

Solarisx21 LG g2 ls980 it's have 850, 1900 and 2100 Mhz (UMTS)

No....it has GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, but UMTS/WCDMA is only 2100* - Source official LG PDF. / website

Check the box

post-84963-0-31467600-1396712932_thumb.j

^ Will look into that....Thanks :smartass:

Managed to get Data working on CDMA NV & GSM on SIM. Can switch between CDMA & GSM now without reboot.

• Like 4

Managed to get Data working on CDMA NV & GSM on SIM. Can switch between CDMA & GSM now without reboot.

Been waiting for this post of yours. Hats off to you. Now waiting for your tutorial! :D

Vinod Nayak. You rock.

Vinod Nayak. You rock.

All ok ? Perfect ? Remember data will not work if you upgrade to KK(LS980ZVC). not much of difference anyway.