Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant.motlani

Can we control our child's mobile fully using spy software?

dear friends,

this topic is related to some serious social problems arising due to use of smartphones by young childrens. my question is can we have spy control on our childrens whatsapp, facebook and other methods?

i raised this because only in last 2-3 months, 20-25 girls in our caste have ran away and got married court marriage/other way in surronding 2-3 cities. we sindhi/marwari parents are busy in their businesses and dont know what their childrens are doing. its our big mistake. but every 2nd parent here are giving smartphones to their young childrens . some r getting even in class 5th.

at which age we shall give smartphone to them? how long we refuse? my friend asked that he had given phones to his 2 young daughters studying in class 9th and 11th. he wants to have full control on their chats and facebook. any reliable application?

though its a vast topic but i need to be specific.

i know this is not the solution for this, but may get some parents alert before its too late.

dear friends,

this topic is related to some serious social problems arising due to use of smartphones by young childrens. my question is can we have spy control on our childrens whatsapp, facebook and other methods?

http://goo.gl/0pZKp5

This one looks promising, but I have not tried. Maybe you can try.

In past I have been using SMS Backup+ which was linking my phone's sms + call history to my google account. but that's not useful now, as sms is no more only option.

But, a technical solution may not solve this problem completely, for sure.

I think educate chid about future plans (Education + Income Stability) and also let them ASSURE that you will NOT FORCE any BRIDE or GROOM on him/her in future but will take his/her consideration too may solve the problem to some extent.

• Like 3

dear friends,

http://goo.gl/0pZKp5

This one looks promising, but I have not tried. Maybe you can try.

In past I have been using SMS Backup+ which was linking my phone's sms + call history to my google account. but that's not useful now, as sms is no more only option.

But, a technical solution may not solve this problem completely, for sure.

Sms bakup + now syncs whatsapp too...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

even before people had smart phones they ran away the problem is not with the smartphone its because of dumb people:) talking to your children and telling them what is right and what is wrong is the right solution. the more you keep them away from things the more desperate they will become.

• Like 7

there are many such apps but all are paid and cost about US$ 50 per year. also keep in mind that once kid resets the phone, this becomes useless.

I am also against spying on kids and it creates more trouble then anything good. You should discuss with kids rather than doing such things.

• Like 6

Spying on kids could never be the answer. I gave mobile to my son when he was in Class Vth. He is now in Class XIIth and he keeps his phone locked and even denied my friend request at Facebook. :P Lol.... But it's Okay for me. As a parent we have to understand that our children too needs some space. I do not have any issue with my son using Smartphone till I have confidence in him. He knows his limits.

Democracy to children is a must now a days otherwise as Shadow said above, they will become desperate and that is not good.

Teaching a child what is good for him / her will be the best your friend can do as of now. And no spy software will help him because children are more aware than their parents and if anyhow they realise that their parents has installed spyware in their smarphones than they will use other methods to hide the things which your friend will never get to know.

Better to have trust in your children and let them have trust in you. :)

• Like 6

Some amount of monitoring can be done by Android lost as well. Letting child learn what is judicious rather than what is moral can save parents from Los of problems. And caste, creed and same religion sort of concepts are now out dated. Need to be forgotten.

Absolute freedom and trust makes men responsible.

Edited by kshah
  • Like 1

After looking 1st post it reminds me the character of dad and son of 2states as well as UDAAN .

What i feel is that their should be trust from both side that is from parent as well as the children.

The first thing that parents must spend the time with their children(s).

The second is to discuss whats good and whats bad for them. But this discussion should be 2-way communication.

Spying on kids is not the right way. Its like you r the james bond and trying to attack on villain.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4

My friend is agreed with most of the replies here . He decided to change his approach now . He now said "Forget spy be like a sky". It needs time and patient. That's all good parenting requires.

Thanks all

LOL I liked the reply of MR. Honest LOL. He didn't accept my friend request hahahaha .. But my thought are same as him.. We are in 2014.. more we try to restrict them, may they will be secretive. Kids are very smart these days, they are very easily accessful to inapproriate stuff.. . Just believe in your son/daughter, give them proper sanskar and thats it.. Baaki jo unke bhagay mein hai use koi nai change kar sakta :)

we just have to do our responsibities. Though i am not married yet :)

• Like 1

^^^ You missed one point. you should also know about friends of your child and with whom he/she is hanging out..