Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KESHAV_IS

Motorola Droid 4.4.4 update locks cdma ruim support, Do Not update.

If you update your Droid Mini, Ultra and Droid Maxx to android 4.4.4, you will not be getting any signal in cdma ruim cards. I have tested on Reliance Modded Sim ,Tata Docomo Cdma, while in Mts networks comes only in some sim cards but unstable.

Settings have been changed so it will not support Indian Cdma Ruim.

Friends please find solutions for the same and keep the forum updated.

• Like 8

Is this valid for moto x Verizon as well?

Moto x verizon not tested . so till its confirmed by anyone stay away from updates.

It was know after they had used the same trusted zone loophole that allowed boot unlock for RAZR m and RAZR HD. Don't update for ota updates as this will relock boot loader

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^^^^

AFAIK, boot loader is changed but is not getting relocked. Also heard that The update doesn't allow to downgrade even to unlocked boot loader phone too. But not sure.

sent from my rooted Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

reset the phone and insert verizon sim it will show roaming signal remove it and then insert cdma sim it will start working again this work for me

• Like 5

Please try one more step in your mobile. Insert gsm and check for signals then try again the cdma sim without inserting verizon sim. Do u get signals in Cdma just by replacing from gsm to cdma or need to make it roaming mode again.

Congrats u got a gem in hand.. Your activated verizon sim.

Edited by KESHAV_IS

I don't think Verizon Sim has to be activated.

Similar issue has occurred in a iPhone 5s CDMA .

I just used to insert the Verizon sim till it showed roaming signals. After that everything would go normal.

In Iphone 5s/5c activated verizon sim is needed for roaming signal. And if u insert gsm u need to insert vzw activated sim card again for cdma usage .

So, what is the current situation about 4.4.4 on the 2012 and 2013 Droid Series phones?

Which phones and which networks are not working/working out of the box/ working after using some workaround like the one that mohitjain has mentioned?

It will help if we restrict to just the two Droid series phones.

I can consolidate a list and send to Motorola.

I have no idea about CDMA ruim working in latest droid phone after 4.4.4 update.

But wrt GSM, there is no single issue at all. After the update the phone network mode changes to global and all we have to do is change it back to LTE/GSM/UMTS only.

No need for Verizon Sim or factory reset or even restarting after the update. It's confirmed to be working on my wife's droid mini phone, non rooted, locked boot loader, on Airtel network.

Will try in my (rooted, unlocked boot loader) droid maxx, once I reach my home. As I am not in mood to unroot and enable ota during travel.

sent from my rooted Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

Solution is just insert activated verizon sim once then its back to normal . you can change from cdma to gsm and back to cdma anytime with data on both cdma & gsm networks.

Update:: You need to insert vzw sim after every reboot if u need cdma ruim support, for gsm it will work normally.

Edited by KESHAV_IS

everything is working fine , no need to unlock boot loader or root . just needed modded sim card . pl refer my screenshot.

post-79633-0-96391600-1406053981_thumb.p

What is modded sim card ? :s

Solution is just insert activated verizon sim once then its back to normal . you can change from cdma to gsm and back to cdma anytime with data on both cdma & gsm networks.

See what I meant earlier is that it doesn't have to be activated.

Basically that would mean a Verizon Sim with a contract and active plan.

Where as a Sim which is not activated still finds network like any other new Sim. Works for such case.

What is modded sim card ? :s

Afaik: "Overpriced" RUIM trick not known to general public.

Edited by nishsuxx
  • Like 2

Did this and was able to get it working on Reliance CDMA? Should i repeat this procedure for every reboot or hard reset, coz i lost signals after doing them?

After reboot verizon sim is required if u need cdma networks else not required for gsm.

Edited by KESHAV_IS
  • Like 1

modded sim is the best solution , after reboot no signal lost. data also working 4.4.4

After reboot verizon sim is required if u need cdma networks else not required for gsm.

GSM works perfectly fine after update Android 4.4.4 without any need for Verizon SIM.

• Like 1

No need verizone sim card insert any gsm card after gsm singal change network mod to LTE/CDMA remove gsm card without switch off insert ur CDMA card its work with data this trik work for me on reliance CDMA sorry for my bad english

• Like 3

new set of SIMS in WW all over India, someone try these and report. These sims have been reported to work on Samsung series phone like note 2 s3 with 4.3 and above versions of Android by our dear friend dr faramroze. according to another source these sims are exactly the same as Moded sims we talk about.

Whats the number series of new sim cards. Can someone tell.

No need verizone sim card insert any gsm card after gsm singal change network mod to LTE/CDMA remove gsm card without switch off insert ur CDMA card its work with data this trik work for me on reliance CDMA sorry for my bad english

Thanks for the trick..yes it works on my droid mini. No need for vzw sim now.

Whats the number series of new sim cards. Can someone tell.

07 series.