Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vakharia

Enable dialing of *228 on Motorola Verizon phones

Mods: Please merge this with any appropriate thread - I could not find this information on RIMWeb.

By default, on Motorola Verizon phones (such as Droid Maxx) cannot dial *228.
You will get some "unrecognized SIM" error.

If you have a rooted phone, then you can simply do this.
1. Download terminal emulator app from playstore
2. Once you have that installed, open it and the run the following command on the mobile itself.

su
pm disable-user com.motorola.setupwizard.phoneservice
exit 

Now, you should be able to dial out *228.

This does not guarantee that the phone will be activated on Reliance.

If you get a message :unable to activate, then the next step is to call the customer care and lodge a complain. They will change settings on their end, which allow the activation (I am stating this based on personal experience).

• Like 1

I am unable to get it activated. Could it be with new sim or with existing sim, we should request customer care. Please give exact complaint to be made to C C

:previous:

Hi,

You should put your new SIM in.

Then after the above described 'hack', you would be able to dial. You will likely get a message stating "unable to activate".

Head over to the online chat customer care and complain that after putting new SIM and dialing *228 I get "unable to activate".

They will give you a complain reference number. Wait for one day. You should get a call on your alternate number soon.

Hi,

Then after the above described 'hack', you would be able to dial. You will likely get a message stating "unable to activate".

Head over to the online chat customer care and complain that after putting new SIM and dialing *228 I get "unable to activate".

They will give you a complain reference number. Wait for one day. You should get a call on your alternate number soon.

Can't you just activate it on some other CDMA handset and insert the SIM into the Moto handset once fully activated?

I guess activation usually fails on most imported phones.

Hi,

Can't you just activate it on some other CDMA handset and insert the SIM into the Moto handset once fully activated?

I guess activation usually fails on most imported phones.

Well, in my case, I did not have an option. I don't have anyone near my residence or at office who has a CDMA phone. This shows CDMA is dying its death in India.

I also faced the activation problem on my droid maxx, but I simply went to reliance store which is 4-5 km from my residence and activated the number on a basic phone.

55dbc41d9d6209203e629e8e029f07ee.jpg

Help me

How to remove such service to use *228 in samsung s4

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Help me

How to remove such service to use *228 in samsung s4

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

This is the Motorola sub-forum. I suggest you post this under 'Samsung' sub-forum.

Hi,

My Verizon moto e 2nd gen does not support *228 call, when i try to call msg displayed is "you can't dial this Number" i am on 5.1 lollipop os.

sent from my motorola droid turbo