Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Share / Request Reliance JIO Invites

Instead of releasing 50 sims per stores per day they can send 500 per day and with ekyc even activation can happen fast too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guys it is available with local shops too...

In Mumbai also... I stay in Panvel and we are getting sim cards here..

Few of local shops are selling in black for 100 to 400 rupees..

I dont mind spending 100rs .. if its going to save my 2 days time ..
Its just like all those flash sale mobiles .. which goes on sale on ebay on premium

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Their back end is already struggling to cope up with activations when issuing new sims. Also the network is getting choked already.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Their back end is already struggling to cope up with activations when issuing new sims. Also the network is getting choked already.

With ekyc process the entire activation procedure can be fully automated reducing load on back end . Regarding network choking I am not so sure about that. The major problem jio is facing right now is mis communication or lack of it and poor inventory support. Mr. Ambani talks about 1 million customers a day but stores get hardly 50 sims. If they work on these they can do better

@ 50 sims per store per day, they can activate apporx. 90 lacs sims in next 3 months. (with 2000 stores). They are going to provide eKYC terminal to retail shops too. Thus, they can, perhaps, activate 9 crore connections in next 3 months. But, till then, welcome offer will have come to an END.

News is it will get extended to March.

@ 50 sims per store per day, they can activate apporx. 90 lacs sims in next 3 months. (with 2000 stores). They are going to provide eKYC terminal to retail shops too. Thus, they can, perhaps, activate 9 crore connections in next 3 months. But, till then, welcome offer will have come to an END.

This is not true - Although some Mini store people are saying they are giving 50 SIMs per day. When I took SIM from Reliance Digital (BIG) they issued token to approx. more than 200 people with two days dates ( I was almost behind 80 - 90 person) and got the SIM the very next day in spite of that the CAF was filled manually in those days as e-KYC was not introduced till then.

So I think it is based upon the density (customer base) in the area as well as man power at the store to handle the number of customers.

This 50 SIM limit is being announced by the small stores by themselves to avoid crowd turn up and to reduce their work load (they had never ever before worked like this in the store and had good leisure time instead).

Further there are 4 Digital Xpress mini and 1 Big Reliance Digital in my locality alone (Mira - Bhayandar, Mumbai) so there might be more than 200 stores in Mumbai itself.

Apart from FREE SIM they are also selling LYF handsets and JioFi Devices bundled with SIM which is accounted separately. Further the LYF handset is being sold by other Big retailers like Vijay Sales, Croma etc. as well as small Shopkeepers too and their CAF is processed separately.

LYF product is being sold online too at Flipkart, Amazon, eBay etc. and their SIM request is also accounted separately.

So the actual number of Jio connections getting activated per day is much more than what you have mentioned as per your calculation (the reason behind delay in handling activation).

All said and done still Jio needs to strengthen their man power to handle more connections.;)

Edited by LTE4G

News is it will get extended to March.

Ohh no .. i tjought they should end frre offer sooon atleast genuine buyers will remain .. who want jio for its technology ..

• Like 2

Ohh no .. i tjought they should end frre offer sooon atleast genuine buyers will remain .. who want jio for its technology ..

People wanting jio for its technology is still a long way to go too many bugs and issues until it is resolved majority won't prefer jio as primary number. With the amount of issues arising in jio4gvoice as accepted by jio cc non VoLTE phones are a big problem in jio. Unless all issues are ironed out which still seems a long way to go jio is not ready for primary use

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LTE4G said:

So the actual number of Jio connections getting activated per day is much more than what you have mentioned as per your calculation

Yes. And that is why I said this number may reach upto 9 crore in next few months. But it is all about feasibility and not about probability. . However, international rating agency Moody has said that Reliance Jio is likely to have 10 crore users in next 18 months i.e. by March, 2018, meaning 1.8 lacs to 1.9 lacs sim activations per day.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/reliance-jio-likely-to-have-100-million-users-by-march-2018-moodys/articleshow/54320381.cms

18 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Yes. And that is why I said this number may reach upto 9 crore in next few months. But it is all about feasibility and not about probability. . However, international rating agency Moody has said that Reliance Jio is likely to have 10 crore users in next 18 months i.e. by March, 2018, meaning 1.8 lacs to 1.9 lacs sim activations per day.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/reliance-jio-likely-to-have-100-million-users-by-march-2018-moodys/articleshow/54320381.cms

It is possible - 1.8 Lakh SIM per day from approx. 2000 stores results in 90 SIM per day per store (180000 / 2000 = 90).

After commercial launch the sim will also be available with other retailers / Shopkeepers as well and the number of Reliance mini stores will also increase over time.

Not a big deal to achieve - if the services and prices remain consistent of course.;)

Will jio network sustain such load .. one of my friend says currently its getting trouble of getting call from vodafone network .. sometimes there is no network .. there is significant loss on data speed .. thats why i am saying .. why not end free offer and give better service at nominal price

• Like 1

@vabs Yes there is serious issue with Jio network. I've mentioned in other threads that SMSs and calls are not going through easily. Even data speed has reduced a lot. Last night, I tried Jio TV and the connection was pathetic. Earlier it was very smooth as if watching recorded video but now it keeps on buffering. 

From various reports, I think they do not have proper system in place. Other reason could be they want competition to spend more on spectrum in up coming auction. 

All the issues currently happening would be one of the reasons they may extend the offer to 31st March. As they are testing and making sure, post commercial launch everything runs smooth. Plus they also want to target 100 million customers. MNP has started in Bangalore too now, just heard from a friend.