Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Share / Request Reliance JIO Invites

Any way to project Wind4 screen on TV?

• Like 1

What is the latest software version for Wind 4. JIO CC is asking to visit Service Center to update phone to improve calling experience.

No update is available over OTA on my phone.

Any way to project Wind4 screen on TV?

Chromecast?

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can any member who uses preview Jio sim confirm if the unlimited offer has been extended till November as I read somewhere it's been rolled back. Thinking of getting a wind 4 handset so would be really useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes use cromecast

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Can any member who uses preview Jio sim confirm if the unlimited offer has been extended till November as I read somewhere it's been rolled back. Thinking of getting a wind 4 handset so would be really useful.

That was rolled back really.. Reason see below..

On 6/20/2016 at 11:26 PM, aalok said:

agreed.. but whatever the info I got from insiders, preview offer shall be available for public till November. Means, one can buy Lyf handset and opt for 90 days preview offer in the month of november. Extension of 90 days offer is nowhere in the cards. Hope it's clarified..

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Yes aalok ji.. I recently got some more info about preview offer. They thought to extend preview offer till launch date initially [thats why the Nov extension of validity shown in MyJio app initially], so that they need NOT disclose the tariff plan to those people whose 3 months FREE offer is over. But later, they got the idea that, if Unlimited 4G offer is NOT extended, then most people may again buy LYF phones to enjoy another 3 months of Unlimited 4G as they got the taste of high speed internet -- more like blood smell shown to veg Lions.. At least those who bought decent phones like Water and Earth, may buy flame series phones for sure, to enjoy UL 4G continuously.. For the old preview offer users, they may give some small quantity limited 4G data as free per month till launch (for eg: 10GB or 5GB per month at 4G speeds and then slow / NO data -- Number NOT yet finalized just like free calls and sms). Let us wait and see...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

Kanaga deepen I do agree with your point. This thought of Reliance Jio is a double edged sword. Either it can work the way you say or frustrate users thinking when will Jio launch how many will buy another handset for enjoying unlimited benefits I am not sure

19 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

For the old preview offer users, they may give some small quantity limited 4G data as free per month till launch

How does this prevent them from buying a new Lyf phone with unlimited access if they want to?

19 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

But later, they got the idea that, if Unlimited 4G offer is NOT extended, then most people may again buy LYF phones to enjoy another 3 months of Unlimited 4G as they got the taste of high speed internet

@Deepak Shankar correct 100%

U didn't get me. They do want people to buy more LYF handsets to enjoy preview offer. But in order to pacify the old preview offer customers, whose validity got completed and are not willing to buy another LYF phones, they may just give away few amount of data till launch.

But last minute change is still possible on seeing the customer's reaction and/or sale of LYF phones.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

http://www.hindustantimes.com/tech/now-buy-a-reliance-4g-phone-with-3-months-unlimited-data-at-rs-2-999/story-28hUSfC2Zn21vvU6VCYTxM.html

Now buy a Reliance 4G phone with 3 months unlimited data at Rs 2,999

Good news for data and smartphone lovers! Reliance Communications has slashed the prices of its Lyf brand of smartphones.

According to an NDTV Gadgets report, the official price drop was communicated to dealers on Tuesday and was effective immediately. The Lyf smartphones received price drops are Lyf Water 2 which will now retail at Rs 9,499 (a Rs 4,000 drop from the earlier price of Rs 13,499); Lyf Wind 6, which will be available at Rs 5,999 (a Rs. 500 price drop from the earlier price of Rs. 6,499); and Lyf Flame 2 will be available at Rs 3,499 (receives a Rs 1,300 price drop from earlier price of Rs 4,799).

Other handsets also received a flat price of Rs 1,000 and all three smartphones - Lyf Flame 4, Flame 5, and Flame 6 - will now be available at Rs 2,999.

But here is how it sweetens the deal. Reliance is offering unlimited data and voice-calling offers for three months on the Reliance Jio network and that means one can essentially buy a 4G smartphone with three months free unlimited data just for Rs 2,999.

However, Jio has not been commercially launched but it is offering consumers the plan under an employee referral program. Reliance CDMA customers are also being offered chance to upgrade to a Reliance Jio SIM, and Jio SIMs have also been on offer to anyone who buys Lyf smartphones.

All Lyf branded handsets come with support for 4G and VoLTE (voice over LTE), which is expected to provide better call quality.

• Like 1

Better option is Flame2 for Rs3499 with 1GB RAM, than other Rs3000 phones with just 512MB RAM, imho...

• Like 2

EDIT: Double Post by mistake...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Any way of getting employee sim?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Better option is Flame2 for Rs3499 with 1GB RAM, than other Rs3000 phones with just 512MB RAM, imho...

How about flame 2 brother?

Any complaints? Battery is ok for hot-spot? Any user reviews brother? Please Inform.

Johnson.

Holly 2plus

[/quo

Give me one

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Get some contact with employee. But after Jio preview offer launch, chances are slim.

How about flame 2 brother?

Any complaints? Battery is ok for hot-spot? Any user reviews brother? Please Inform.

Johnson.

Holly 2plus

Bro, for the price [Rs3500] it's bang for the bucks. The cheapest Jio LYF phone with 1GB RAM. I have seen it in showroom. Good for the price. Go for it, if you just want to use for 3 months free data and sell or give away the phone to somebody after that. The other phones in 3000Rs price has just 512MB RAM, whereas jio bloat itself needs 600MB RAM.

But if you are ready to pay more for bigger battery, go for wind 4, closing your eyes. It's the LYF phone with biggest 4000mAh battery. I have used it personally and is the best vfm [in LYF phone terms] handset to enjoy jio preview offer. It has 5" HD display, looks good [especially the brown one], slim and performs good if you disabled the Jio bloat.

• Like 4

Bro, for the price [Rs3500] it's bang for the bucks. The cheapest Jio LYF phone with 1GB RAM. I have seen it in showroom. Good for the price. Go for it, if you just want to use for 3 months free data and sell or give away the phone to somebody after that. The other phones in 3000Rs price has just 512MB RAM, whereas jio bloat itself needs 600MB RAM.

But if you are ready to pay more for bigger battery, go for wind 4, closing your eyes. It's the LYF phone with biggest 4000mAh battery. I have used it personally and is the best vfm [in LYF phone terms] handset to enjoy jio preview offer. It has 5" HD display, looks good [especially the brown one], slim and performs good if you disabled the Jio bloat.

Thanks brother for the information and clarification.

Holly 2plus

Anyone from Pune using Jio?

I am thinking of trying Jio - not sure about indoor coverage in my house.

With the reduced rates, I might just take a chance to use as a backup internet connection.

Which documents are needed?

I know one Reliance Digital store in Phoenix mall, where I could get this I suppose.

Edited by vakharia

3 hours ago, vakharia said:

Anyone from Pune using Jio?

I am thinking of trying Jio - not sure about indoor coverage in my house.

With the reduced rates, I might just take a chance to use as a backup internet connection.

Which documents are needed?

I know one Reliance Digital store in Phoenix mall, where I could get this I suppose.

RJio True 4G is Live PAN India and should be available at your location (Pune).

Go to any Reliance Digital / Digital Express store with your Original Aadhar-card, buy a Lyf Smartphone+ of your choice & select a Prepaid 4G SIM No. Services will be activated in 24 Hrs.

Enjoy True Unlimited 4G Data, Voice & SMS for 3 months (likely to be extended till Commercial launch on 28-Dec-2016). All Lyf mobiles support USB & WiFi Teethering to access internet on PC/Laptop as well.

best wishes

• Like 1

Reliance Digital shops are refusing to accept E-Aadhar as a vaid document even though the Govt has declared that E-Aadhar will rank same as normal aadhar card.

13 minutes ago, commonman said:

Reliance Digital shops are refusing to accept E-Aadhar as a vaid document even though the Govt has declared that E-Aadhar will rank same as normal aadhar card.

I meant Normal Aadhar-card, which is accepted by all Telecom Operator as ID & Address proof for new connection, not sure about E-Aadhar!

Operators have their own set of rules, though the Govt. may declare otherwise!

best wishes

Went to Digital Xpress Mini store at 12:45 and came out a 4 PM with activated connection.

At home signal is poor, but YouTube streaming still works fine.

Flame 2 does not seem bad as a device.

I cannot make outgoing calls. Not sure why.

Edited by vakharia
Typo

Went to Digital Xpress Mini store at 12:45 and came out a 4 PM with activated connection.

Hi bro, how is flame 2? I'm also bought today flame 2 but yet to be activated. Is it ok for hot-spot?

Thanks.

Holly 2plus

7 hours ago, vakharia said:

What speeds are you getting?

Specifically, are cheaper LYF handsets providing similar speeds as expensive ones?