Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I spoke to a friend who is a mobile dealer including Lyf to confirm this. He told me to bring an id and two photos to get a jio sim with no phone restrictions in Jaipur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

.lucky day . can u share the details of your friend's shop via pm . Eagerly waiting to test jio.

37 minutes ago, ::: VA ::: said:

I spoke to a friend who is a mobile dealer including Lyf to confirm this. He told me to bring an id and two photos to get a jio sim with no phone restrictions in Jaipur.

Beware!

While taking a New Connection [SIM] of any Service Provider, ID proof and only One [01] Photograph is required. Never give Two [02] Photographs, the dealer may misuse ID Proof and Photo!

• Like 3

Beware!

While taking a New Connection [sIM] of any Service Provider, ID proof and only One [01] Photograph is required. Never give Two [02] Photographs, the dealer may misuse ID Proof and Photo!

The second photo is for jio money as they are filling that form as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mgdelhi said:

Preview offer extended officially to ASUS and Panasonic Phones.

@dkaile

asuss.jpg

Thanks Mukesh. I went to the Reliance Digital store yesterday from where I had activated 2 connections (Jio Mifi2 and Wind3) BUT sadly this offer is not started in UP (West). Maybe in another few days.

Cheers...

• Like 1

had been to RDEx, and they confirmed that the JPO is open to every 4G handsets., but they are out of stock. as I do not own any 4G handset, shall be getting one JioFi in evening.

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

1 hour ago, ::: VA ::: said:

The second photo is for jio money as they are filling that form as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I understand, Jio Money subscription is not mandatory for JPO SIM as the service is not commercially launched yet! 

I collected my SIM directly from RJio Regional Office at my location and not Reliance Digital / Express / Mini store 

Thanks Mukesh. I went to the Reliance Digital store yesterday from where I had activated 2 connections (Jio Mifi2 and Wind3) BUT sadly this offer is not started in UP (West). Maybe in another few days.

Cheers...

25f35dd4f71ff5db24fd86703e3f2cea.jpg

Got this image just now on my jio app ..try showing this pic on your jio opp to the digital guys

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bought a LYF WATER 8 TODAY
GOT THE SIM WITH IT
However came to know the Sims are available without phone at a cost of Rs 200

I am presently located at karwar Karnataka

Waiting for SIM activation and freebies....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

lol.. that 200 is for the outlet guy.. RJIL is giving it free..

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

• Like 2

Are these Sims locked to the phone from which one submits the code? Or are they usable in other handsets too?

2 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

Are these Sims locked to the phone from which one submits the code? Or are they usable in other handsets too?

You can use other phones. 

So to clarify, you just need a phone to generate the code. That's it. Asking as the outlet person refused to process my request as I was not carrying the device.

So what exactly is the process?

So to clarify, you just need a phone to generate the code. That's it. Asking as the outlet person refused to process my request as I was not carrying the device.

The process varies from store to store . some dnt even want code
, some will give you sim without phone but code needed,
some will ask to see both.

Bascially there is no need now as r jio has provided the open code to store (posted by other users) .Try other store , u will get it

That's mainly to avoid misuse, afaik. Suppose you have a Samsung phone, eligible for jpo. Before you going to dx mini, suppose your friend got the code and get sim with jpo without showing the phone [with or without you knowing]. A day later, you the original owner of phone will go and show the code with the phone and ask for sim. But database refuses activation saying code already used. Then who will be blamed?

To avoid those confusions / circumstances they will ask for the phone which generated the code.

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Kanaga, that explains it.

That's mainly to avoid misuse, afaik. Suppose you have a Samsung phone, eligible for jpo. Before you going to dx mini, suppose your friend got the code and get sim with jpo without showing the phone [with or without you knowing]. A day later, you the original owner of phone will go and show the code with the phone and ask for sim. But database refuses activation saying code already used. Then who will be blamed?

To avoid those confusions / circumstances they will ask for the phone which generated the code.

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

And what about two code generated on same device .. Generated one with 30aug validity .
When generated today its showing a different code for 8 sep validity. If they insist for device , my previous code will be wasted .

Based on info given by store guys the sim with freebies work only in the phone in which you activate the offer and won't work in others

23 hours ago, PMug said:

Which place in Bangalore?

Reliance Digital @ Elements Mall, Nagwara

There is unconfirmed news that Lyf handsets will get 1 year of data usage free. There may be monthly cap of 75 GB. 

Waiting for official news.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, phonegeek said:

There is unconfirmed news that Lyf handsets will get 1 year of data usage free. There may be monthly cap of 75 GB. 

Waiting for official news.

Let's c finger crossed ..it shud have wid existing. Owner of lyf

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sonnu.htc said:

And what about two code generated on same device .. Generated one with 30aug validity .
When generated today its showing a different code for 8 sep validity. If they insist for device , my previous code will be wasted .

How did u generate 2 codes?can u tell me the process.Also can any one help me with expired code

The dealer says it's locked to the phone on which the code genrrated

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Today got the Free JIO SIM with code generated in ASUS Zenfone 2 laser from digital express lingampally, BHEL. May take 1 or 2 days for activation

How did u generate 2 codes?can u tell me the process.Also can any one help me with expired code

I just flashed a custom rom . and after installing all apps again tried to generate code again. It shows different code ( i thought same phone can generate only one code .
Its a single sim phone.
No imei masking app installed.

Not able to understand how that was possible.

Code is not required now for any brand except Samsung and LG - it is provided by the store themselves. But Samsung and LG owners are required to generate code.