Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

after jio airtel & idea offering unlimited calls in Roaming

Airtel Revises the Rs. 349 Plan; Now Offering Unlimited Outgoing Roaming Calls, 1GB Data and 100 SMS Per Day for 28 Days. This offer is not applicable to all.Valid for selective customers

Idea Cellular Also Started Offering Free Outgoing Roaming Calls and 100 SMS Per Day With the Rs. 357 Plan. This offer is also available in my idea app

However there is no such recharge plan in Vodafone !

All operators have increased their price of 70 days pack :(

1 minute ago, vicky2089 said:

All operators have increased their price of 70 days pack :(

In Jio at least, you can queue up your recharges for long term benefit. In AVoId, you need their permission to get the same offer and that too only after end of validity of current plan. One recharge over other will remove the benefit of first recharge.

Prices are only going to be uphill in coming days, though not steep enough to worry, imho.

• Haha 1

Current price in Vodafone !

IMG_20171121_110121.png

• Sad 1

Someone on other website telecomtalk has posted that.

He accidentely recharge 398 plan 4 times in idea.

and he got 84*6=504 days validity.

and paytm refund rs398 for one recharge,which accordingly to paytm was failed txn.

so we hope that other operator also help to queue up plan.

Really unbelievable Airhel Vodafone & !dea has such facility of carry forward or queuing like Jio

12 hours ago, me_saket said:

Someone on other website telecomtalk has posted that.

He accidentely recharge 398 plan 4 times in idea.

and he got 84*6=504 days validity.

and paytm refund rs398 for one recharge,which accordingly to paytm was failed txn.

so we hope that other operator also help to queue up plan.

Seems wrong info. the person recharges 4 times and gets validity 6 times and gets refund for one recharge too - unbelievable. There is no queuing facility in Vodafone or Airtel yet.:wacko:

5 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Seems wrong info. the person recharges 4 times and gets validity 6 times and gets refund for one recharge too - unbelievable. There is no queuing facility in Vodafone or Airtel yet.:wacko:

What about idea ???

IMG_20171122_162030.png

So Idea's software system is also fu(ked up like JIO, then...

Today Recharged my idea Maharashtra number with 398 Rs. 70 days validity. Got 1gb extra valid for 28 days & 20 cash back on paytm wallet for using paytm as payment option in My idea app

Idea has announced that  they are also supporting queuing of recharge vouchers

5 hours ago, vicky2089 said:

Idea has announced that  they are also supporting queuing of recharge vouchers

Yes they are extending the validity as it is in the news but still Jio's rules with the 'My Vouchers' option imho.

This proves that Jio has become a trend setter. Unlimited Plans, queued recharges etc.

Edited by LTE4G

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 10:15 PM, LTE4G said:

Yes they are extending the validity as it is in the news but still Jio's rules with the 'My Vouchers' option imho.

This proves that Jio has become a trend setter. Unlimited Plans, queued recharges etc.

I have recharged my idea number with 398 in November but I am unable to view my discount of rs 51 when trying recharge more than 300 Rs

Bharti Airtel was first to announce the revised the Rs 199 tariff plan to offer 1GB data per day, unlimited voice calls including roaming calls and 100 SMS per day at just Rs 199 for 28 days. Soon, Reliance Jio joined the suit.

Reliance Jio has a Rs 199 tariff plan which keeps in ahead of incumbent telecom operators as the plan offers 1.2GB data per day, unlimited voice calls, and unlimited SMS for 28 days.

The idea Rs 199 plan is offering 1GB data per day, unlimited voice calls including roaming calls, 100 SMS per day for 28 days. 

Vodafone is the only operator to not offer 1GB data per day with the Rs 199 tariff plan. It might come up with something in the next few days.

Screenshot_2017-12-22-21-22-46.png

MTNL Mumbai offer:

1GB 3G data/day, Unlimited on-net calls, 15 min Local calls

per day, 10 min STD calls per days with Plan 169

Validity 28 days.

2 hours ago, vicky2089 said:

MTNL Mumbai offer:

1GB 3G data/day, Unlimited on-net calls, 15 min Local calls

per day, 10 min STD calls per days with Plan 169

Validity 28 days.

Looks like, the offer is as bad as their network...

All these operators have some sort of capping on no of minutes used and on no of unique numbers called. I don't think such capping is there on Jio. Even though it should suffice normal users, they should highlight them.

Vodafone T&C:

1. Customers using more than 1000 minutes (local +STD) in any period of consecutive 7 days, will be charged at 30p per minute for rest of 7 days period (eg if a customer consumes 1000 mins on 2nd day),he would be charged for rest of the five days). 
  2. Customers using more than 250 minutes (local+STD) in a day will be charged at 30 p per minute (local +STD), after consumption of 300 minutes for the rest of the day till midnight 0.00 hrs.
  3. Customers calling more than 300 unique numbers in any period of seven consecutive days will be charged at 30p per minute (local+STD) after 300 unique numbers, for the rest of validity of recharge.

Idea T&C:

1. Customers using more than 250 outgoing minutes (local+STD as per Unlimited Pack benefits) in a day will be charged at 1p/sec (local +STD), after consumption of 250 minutes for the rest of the day till midnight 0.00 hrs.
  2. Customers using more than 1000 minutes (local +STD as per Unlimited Pack benefits) in any period of consecutive 7 days, will be charged at 1p/sec for rest of 7 days period (e.g. if a customer consumes 1000 mins on 2nd day , s/he would be charged for rest of the five days).
  3. Customers calling more than 100 unique numbers in any period of seven consecutive days will be charged at 1p/sec (local+STD) after 100 unique numbers, for the rest of validity of recharge.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Idea's t&c is sh!tty. WTF 100 unique numbers? Airtel postpaid (or at least in my corporate connections) don't have restrictions 1 & 2. Only restriction is 300 unique numbers (excluding CUG numbers of course) per week, which even Jio has.

Any way postpaid connections even in Jio is no where near the benefits of prepaid nowadays.

The terms themselves reflect that they were drafted hastily. What do they mean by "(e.g. if a customer consumes 1000 mins on 2nd day , s/he would be charged for rest of the five days)"? They should have mentioned 4 days - because free calls limit is 250 minutes per day (beyond which the user will be charged 30p). So if someone uses in excess of 250 minutes a day and even after paying (@ 30p) for extra usage is deprived of using free benefits for the rest of the week because he simply crossed 1000 minutes limit is weird & absurd. Mentioning of consumption of 1000 minutes in 2 days refers to total consumption - because if the free limit is 250 minutes per day how can one consume 1000 (free) minutes in 2 days. This has been put into terms to confuse the user and later charge (loot) them if someone exceeds the limit.

What about Airtel? Is there any similar limitations?

The per day and per week, limitation is NOT in Airtel postpaid from the very beginning of Infinity plans, afaik. The prepaid limitation was also removed two to three weeks back as well. Now only limitation in Corp Infinity plans is 300 unique numbers (excluding CUG numbers) per week, if so then calls after 5000 minutes will be charged (not sure about what rates), to ensure non-commercial usage. Jio follows exactly the same to avoid commercial usage, but from Diwali onwards only (Jio store guys informed me), earlier it was totally FREE.

• Thanks 1

Actually I have switched one of my Rcom number to Airtel (prepaid) last month & using ₹495 (70 days unlimited including roaming outgoing) plan. Though my usage is hardly 40-50 minutes a week on this number since I have Vodafone (main) & Jio too still I was curious.

Edited by LTE4G

One of my numbers is Airtel Postpaid Corp infinity and I can confirm that there is no limitations in calling, except number of unique numbers called, and that seem justified.

Edited by commonman

One lesson learnt not to recharge any number with 70 days plan. First did a a recharge of 70 days in airtel pathetic 3g/4g network in Mumbai / Mh. After completion of 70 days in airtel recharged my idea number with 70 days Pathetic data coverage in Mumbai. One suggestion go with 28 days pack