Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Harshad

Unlimited Internet With Rs.440rcv

Hi all !

i was on this Techtree.com where one guy said that we could use the Rs.440 Recharge Voucher for R Connect facility and use unlimited internet on that. Is it true ???? I am not a RIM customer, but I am planning to shift from BPL Mobile Gsm fone to RIM Prepaid. I want to shift to RIM mainly for its fantastic polyphonic tones ( LG 5130 ) and R Connect internet facility ? Will u guys suggest me changing over to RIM prepaid just for this reason. Please advise. Im from Mumbai.

Spookie, think again! I dont think you get unlimited internet using 440 voucher! Whats more R-connect using pre paid will be quite expensive, considering the alternatives. Consider post paid data plans for that.

And "fantastic" polyphonic tones??? :D Thats gotta be a joke!

You will also be at a big disadvantage with text messaging!

With the current plans and all, I wouldnt recommend RIM to anybody. Perhaps the ONLY advantage is roaming ...but now thats diminished if Bombay-Mah roaming was important for you. And perhaps the only other advantage would be if you need net access (R-Connect) on the move ...else broadband alternatives would be better!

Edited by raccoon

I want to shift to RIM mainly for its fantastic polyphonic tones ( LG 5130 )

32739[/snapback]

:lol::lol::D:clap::lol::lol:

u sure made my day

DONT switch spookie...

Rconnect is indeed good,not sure abt 5130. There is no official "unlimited net for 440".

Consider having reliance as ur second phone, only for rconnect... this way u can buy some cheap second-hand model to use for rconnect.

if gettin a new handset is ur main thing, i would advise u look within gsm. The choice of cdma handsets (Altho better than b4) is still not as much as for gsm

keep in touch

hey there ,

thnx a lot for that advice buddy !!! i currently own a nokia 3200 and feel quite sick about the looks - the features sure do rock however !!!!!!!!! Well, the option of buying a secondhand RIM handset is indeed on my mind and the reason I wanted to shift to a LG 5130 is because its a color handset and multimedia and blah blah..

Regarding using RConnect - I already use SIfy Broadband, but face the problem of powercuts in my area so the Sify server goes down... My mom's in share trade and she needs some kind of connection to be present....

Thats why RConnect like for 1-2 hours was on my mind..... I guess, for using RConnect, its better to opt for postpaid, but I CAN NOT trust Rim for postpaid usage. A high bill and i shall be out of the house.

Prepaid rocks.. Well has RIM made mobile to mobile free in mumbai-maharashtra. Would they be doing it ? And yes, then only for RIM or all mobiles ??

Anyone wants to answer my queries ???

( i know they are different from the forum subject - but still im a newbie u c )

Sorry for the trouble ...

well, i do feel that LG 2030's ringtones are truly Fantastic. Wonder if you guys agree with me - but does LG 5130 sound the same ???? Do reply plzzz !!!

well, i do feel that LG 2030's ringtones are truly Fantastic. Wonder if you guys agree with me - but does LG 5130 sound the same ???? Do reply plzzz !!!

32765[/snapback]

Spookie, you just certified your newbie-to-cellphones status! :lol::D

Anyway, as far as a comparision goes, I believe the 5130's ringtones have better clarity than the RD 2030s. The RD 2030's ringtones have a distinct "blurryness". They are FAR from sharp! Even the monochrome Samsung handset (I forget the model no.) has distinctly better ringtone quality then the RD 2030.

Please check stuff out for yourself before you convince yourself in a hurry like this...

32765[/snapback]

5130s ringtones rocks buddy. just try some high pitch tone in it, my GF using it she is happy with its ringtone quality.

2030 has one of the worst ringtones dude... im not ever sure if its poly.

i know this is off the topic, but SE eats all.... have u ever heard a Sony Ericsson ring? i think it has somethin to do with sony's speaker tech_know_how... SE speakers have Amazing clarity.Period.

hey there ,

thnx a lot for that advice buddy !!! i currently own a nokia 3200 and feel quite sick about the looks - the features sure do rock however !!!!!!!!! Well, the option of buying a secondhand RIM handset is indeed on my mind and the reason I wanted to shift to a LG 5130 is because its a color handset and multimedia and blah blah..

Regarding using RConnect - I already use SIfy Broadband, but face the problem of powercuts in my area so the Sify server goes down... My mom's in share trade and she needs some kind of connection to be present....

Thats why RConnect like for 1-2 hours was on my mind..... I guess, for using RConnect, its better to opt for postpaid, but I CAN NOT trust Rim for postpaid usage. A high bill and i shall be out of the house.

Prepaid rocks..

Well, if you are going to use it 1 - 2 hours daily (during day time), it will work out costly for you in the long run. If you opt for a post paid plan, you can subscribe to the Freedom 650 plan where your total montly rent will be Rs.650+tax only as the rent for voice plan is included in the Rs.650. You won't receive any high bills if you monitor your usage well (see the R-Connect forum for more help).

Well has RIM made mobile to mobile free in mumbai-maharashtra. Would they be doing it ? And yes, then only for RIM or all mobiles ??

Anyone wants to answer my queries ???

( i know they are different from the forum subject - but still im a newbie u c )

Sorry for the trouble ...

I'm not sure about Mumbai - Maha, maybe someone else from there will reply.

32765[/snapback]

They are not at all "truly Fantastic" when compared with the current trends in polyphonic ringtones. Yes, RD 5130 ringtones are much better to hear than RD 2030.

Well, if you are going to use it 1 - 2 hours daily (during day time), it will work out costly for you in the long run. If you opt for a post paid plan, you can subscribe to the Freedom 650 plan where your total montly rent will be Rs.650+tax only as the rent for voice plan is included in the Rs.650. You won't receive any high bills if you monitor your usage well (see the R-Connect forum for more help)

Means if i donot call anyone and if the trasfer is with in 650 then i will get only 650/- bill for that month?

Yes, plus tax. (And you get some free SMSes too).

Well, if you are going to use it 1 - 2 hours daily (during day time), it will work out costly for you in the long run. If you opt for a post paid plan, you can subscribe to the Freedom 650 plan where your total montly rent will be Rs.650+tax only as the rent for voice plan is included in the Rs.650. You won't receive any high bills if you monitor your usage well (see the R-Connect forum for more help)

Means if i donot call anyone and if the trasfer is with in 650 then i will get only 650/- bill for that month?

32815[/snapback]

Ofcourse :thumb:

Unlimited usage, upto 1 GB bandwidth transfer/month, 100 FREE national SMS, 10 MB @ ricmail.com email account, 10 MB webspace, free unlimited incoming calls... you get these when you pay just Rs.650 + tax /month !

Sorry more doubts,

Then i will be in Joy 149 plan?(Tariff)

(I just called CC and as usual he did not know it propery)

Yes, your tariff will be as per the rates of Joy 149, with the rental and plan fees waived off, however, if you wish to avail CLIP, you will need to pay Rs 25/- per month. If you wish to opt for any other plan, you will have to pay the rental too.