Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harsh

Checkout These Evdo Enabled Handsets

image18kd.th.jpg

the image ain't resized properly, couldn't understand a thing. plz check it out and fix it

There is no end of "cool phones" around the world that arent available on RIM.

Phones with 2+ GB hdds, tv & even sat reception capabilities, 7MP cameras... the list just goes on and on and on.... but then again thats RIM who wants everone to have a 2000 buck phone and no more. Hints of communism I think!

the image ain't resized properly, couldn't understand a thing. plz check it out and fix it

36304[/snapback]

I found a way around the size issue --- took a simple microscope (I was lucky to find one from my school days), and hovered it over the screen to read each and every alphabet.

I am really excited about this invention on mine: plan to reduce all imaged i have to thumb nails and then read under a compound microscope (which i plan to buy shortly).

Maybe my idea help you too. (Feel free to use it - no charges)

for yer kind info. the pic was earlier in 600x800, the dude corrected it later.

LG seems to be launching several new generation (EVDO) phones in the US. One such model is the new VX 9800. Design might seem quirky but then it is a matter of personal choice.

Can someone please throw light on whether such handsets will ever make it to India and if so the likely date of launch.

Thanks and Regards

Balram

post-572-1141298716_thumb.jpgpost-572-1141298731_thumb.jpg

Pray mate.... we here in india ... believe in many gods... pray to all of them, that Anil (yeah the ambani one) reads this and again pray that he manages to get one of these here in india..

On a serious note... do not expect any operator to arrange for the same here...

Cheers

Ashok

wishful thinking only. trust reliance not to introduce these in india atleast for the next five years. by which time it will be very very very obsolete. then they will get it for you for 500 or even free (five years hence)

in the meantime as ashok said, keep praying to all the gods.

Dear Friend

In current scenario you will have to wait too long because

Data market is still developing and it is the last Preference of

Reliance and Tata .

Remember Reliance have only one b/w data enabled

set and new colour LG set also do not support Data. Tata

Prepaid seres do not support data ,I do not know

wheather they have disabled modem or do not have modem

at all?

So in this scene specially when Govt is also slow to

decide spectrum issue, please do not be much optimistic

The phone mentioned above is sold by Verizon for 149$ only for a exclusive 1 yr Contract for its service. If u leave the service in between... the exit fees & charges are too high to risk it just for handset.

Reliance should learn & atleast keep it in 10-12 k RANGE WITH 1 yr contract. As it is..poor Dapo customers have 3 yr period of contract. another 1 yr means nothing to them for decent handset.

LG seems to be launching several new generation (EVDO) phones in the US. One such model is the new VX 9800. Design might seem quirky but then it is a matter of personal choice.

Can someone please throw light on whether such handsets will ever make it to India and if so the likely date of launch.

Thanks and Regards

Balram

post-572-1141298716_thumb.jpgpost-572-1141298731_thumb.jpg

This is the coolest LG handset I have ever seen. Seems to have been launched in Korea in Nov 2005 and also won several design awards. Will we ever get to see this in India.

RIMWEB members with contacts in DAKC: Can you please check from your sources if there is even the slightest possibility of getting such cool handsets at all in India.

thanks and regards

Balrampost-572-1145276594_thumb.jpg

This LG handset is available for long in US with Verizon wireless.....they launched it in September last year...

There are several hundred devices now available on CDMA networks. Check out the following link on 3g devices available ay present. It include all devices supporting CDMA 1x/EV-DO, WCDMA and HSDPA, though most of them are CDMA.

Follow the 3G Devices Link

Many of you will really be surprised to see the number of high end, feature rich CDMA devices currently available. Also the different brands available. Checkout the number of devices available from LG and Samsung, many of them are really really cool. Not that the high-end handsets are not available in CDMA, there are, but sadly, none of the manufacturing company is Indian, which is one big reason why do we not have many good handsets in CDMA.

Edited by basant_jp