Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sadikk

Nokia 6255 - Speculation Before Launch

so it is going to be launched on TATA and not on reliance?

Thats another bad thing

However.. after seeing the amazing EVDO phones in other stalls like samsung with 5MP and 3MP cameras.. the 6255 felt like just any other nokia..

Hello

what is a EVDO phone ? Is it compatible with the reliance network ?

Edited by Chirag

Hi all

It is better not to be too enthusiatic about this phone --- even though it has all the features one can hope for it still cant match the styling of nokia 6600.

And reliance has a history of not giving a phone all the features even if the phone is capable of handling it ----- take the example of nokia 6225 ----it sure is a very good phone with great styling but the main dampener is that it doesnot have r-world. The reason being it is available in the open market for both tata and reliance.

So you can expect all the features of r-world in nokia 6255 ONLY if reliance has full autonomy and exclusive rights over the model and not available in the open market.

Tanmay

Ill let everybody know about the rate as soon as ill get the details.

Well i have this info from relyble source tht this handset gonna launch in india itself in febuary.

23666[/snapback]

hey iu was also planning to get it imported from dubai from a freind who stays there but not sure about the cost as well as the compatibality with the reliance network. if u get any details plz let me know at : chandrababa@ttml.co.in

thankx-

hello all....

it seems nokia has released its long awaited 6255 model... today while going through their site i could find the model listed in "New Releases", below is the link

http://nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,62431,00.html

it would be great if any one could find more details like price and when and where available....

will Nokia 6255 support RWORLD?

any news regarding the launch and price. i've searched all over the net still can't find its price.

Nokia 6255

CDMA2000 1X

Commercially Launched – September 2004

Operator(s) - China Unicom

SPECIFICATIONS

> 153 Kbps data capable

> 120 grams

> 128x160 pixel, 65k color, TFT-LCD

External 96x65 pixel, 4k color LCD

> 200 min Talktime

> 168 hr Standby

> Built-in VGA videocamera

JAVA enabled

R-UIM enabled

MP3 player

Built-in FM receiver

64MB memory

Speakerphone

16 poly ringer

Hi All,

It's good to know that Reliance finally is gonna come up with the 6255. I am so underpowered with the LG RD7230 that I have. No bluetooth, no MP3, No MMC or SD, and communication only through the Datacable. It's so not upto this age!

I called up Nokia Showrooms here in Hyd and also the Reliance customer care. No one has a clue of its release. The nokia people are saying a month from today Apr - 28. As soon as it comes with Reliance I am gonna exchange the RD7230 with that one. Who care for RWorld now? It's all paid and not free anymore.

If anyone has any price information on this model, please post. Anxiously waiting!

-Khaja

would we able to add games to this phone thrugh pc like in symbian phones?

it might come out with tata first, since the model that i saw was tata enabled.(i have written about that earlier)

phone will carry it's meaning only if Reliance doesn't interfer. from my experience i can say that Reliance ask manufacturers to do various changes in orignal software.

For this orignal handset I am even ready to go with TATA

With a 32MB memory card, I think games can be downloadable. I am just waiting for this model to arrive. I've had reliance since the beginning so I really hope that Reliance comes out with this model without hampering the software or the phone features. Hell, if they do, then I am gonna move to Tata too. I like the CDMA quality better than GSM (limitless though) but good clarity and coverage.

With a 32MB memory card, I think games can be downloadable. I am just waiting for this model to arrive. I've had reliance since the beginning so I really hope that Reliance comes out with this model without hampering the software or the phone features. Hell, if they do, then I am gonna move to Tata too. I like the CDMA quality better than GSM (limitless though) but good clarity and coverage.

31005[/snapback]

Well always remember if handsets dont have R-world then its same as company default. and in cdma some features of handsets got to be invisible or locked.

even sprint and verizon in america do lock or hide some feature of nokia handsets. 6225 menu is same in tata and reliance though.

yesterday phone was shown on AAj Tak while displaying figures of customers using GSM & CDMA.

my frnd has some contact in nokia.. so i asked him to find out abt the 6255.. they told him tht they were unsure abt launching it coz acc to them they were unsure of the CDMA market wanting to buy a phone of "That Level"

24938[/snapback]

I had a few contacts in reliance and I was told that 6255i and another Nokia communicator will be launched in few months and the pricing is tentative

Make sure guys the model which will be launched in india by reliance is 6255i and not 6255. and Priced around Rs.15,000/- And communicator will be having a price tag around Rs. 30,000/-

i just meant it was of no use launching this fone coz of the fact that many newer 1's are available