Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
liquidnitrogen

Nokia 6255 Blues

For gawd knows what reason my phone powers off and starts again when opening the game folder. This has started from last night.

If any one knows the reason and the solution to this please post back??

Also would like to know if firware upgarde on nokia can be of any help and will it interfere with Reliance firmware if there is any?

This thing wasdiscussed in one of the foreign forums about this phone. I too had this sort of problem for the first 2-3 days but for the last 10 days or so it has not happened with me.

In my case I was having a problem with Messages. When there was a flood of messages, My phone used to go blank for 4-5 seconds and then again come back without doing anything.

I just switched off delivery reports to off nad havent has any kind of switching off problem since then.

I think calling nokia care will be helpful as i hvae heard they have a competent and courteous staff.

Do tell us your experience whatever it is!

Tanveer I believe this happens when the phone draws more power than the supply of the battery. Cause this happened to my phone also once when the charge of the battery was less than half and I was opening and closing applications very fast.

May be a s/w bug...

Like In Nokia 3100 GSM, there was a bug: The mobile restarts, when the user select Goto option with right key...

And this seems to be the problem anujit is facing ... btw anujit ur phone when connected to the pc thro bluetooth is object pushing a file called comwarroior.exe which is infected by some Phone virus ... please do check

Cheers

Ashok

Comwarrior... I dont think so. I'll check my hdd but highly unlikely. Unless of course YOU PUT IT THERE!!!

And mine reboots ONLY when I access the COLLECTIONS FOLDER which is screwed! And the phone reboots!

Edited by anujit

Even mine reboots in Collections Folder, It is a Software Bug, I hope Nokia would come out with it 6255 software updates soon.

Rare rebooting and hang is common through nokia handsets, should not get worried about it.

Mine reboots because I had a "bad write" in the collections folder. I can't delete the offending app from MobiMB either!

Edited by anujit

Well, haven't faced a single reboot issue till date. The "Collection" and "Games" folder work jsut fine. My firmware version is SW: V N150V0400.nep 06-06-05 RM-19.

Thanks,

Regards,

Mitul

Edited by mitul_mehta

Yeah my software version is the same.

Hmmmm..... You are a lucky guy Mitul. :confuse:

Edited by Mukul

Im just wants to say whether it is serious problem or common problem just don't go to Nokia people they will return your set only after replacing the same within one month time till you have to................................

OMG! U mean they do not have the capablity to just reflash ur phone?

1 month :)

Cheers

Ashok

Okay Guys,

I went to Nokia care yesterday and they replaced my handset. The tech assistant told me all the 6255 handsets have this issue (they have replaced 3 handsets in last one week so far, luckily mine was the last in stock).

I would suggest not to buy this phone till a fix is available/we guiney pigs tell you its not an issue any more (after all features is what we pay for). I am kinda a sad with Nokia that so far they haven't really come up with any updates even when they are showing up ads on TV and popularising their phone. They should make the things bullet proof before giving a marketing gimmick.

Since my IMEI number was changed the phone is off for some time as reliance takes more then 24 hrs to resume the service.

For now the only problem am facing is that the MMC card is locked. As far as i remember the old card didn't have had any lock code. Can you guys help me on this atleast so i could unlock the MMC card.

Cheers

nitro

Nitro:

Where did you take the phone? Is Nokia Care different from a Priority dealer? Where can I find them in Pune?

And what did you tell them to get it replaced? And is the new one must be causing the same problems because the firmware is the same.

This problem is faced by Telecom NZ users too! And reported several times there!

Edited by anujit

Am kinda sick with this phone and the fu*ked up reliance service as my phone number is not yet enabled, they both are like made for each other :'( .

I might be exaggerating things a bit but am not happy with the frequent net disconnection + slow service from reliance.

To add more to the cribbing part all of a sudden my old phone would popup a message"Searching for network connection..." and this would keep going for ages till i actually reboot the crapola piece of 6255. At the same time my friends who are using samsung black color slim piece (i don't remember the model) or LG would show full signal strength in their mobile.

Once i'll get an airtel broadband connection or if GSM rates goes down i'll quicky switch to sony eric/GSM SP.

Reliance is CRAPOLA and Nokia is catching up slowly.

well to answer your query i replaced this here at bangalore (near christ college) and yeah its Nokia Care center. Check out nokia.co.in

you can alternatively write to me @ rohits79@yahoo.com if you have got any clue or answers to any of these.

Edited by liquidnitrogen

For now the only problem am facing is that the MMC card is locked. As far as i remember the old card didn't have had any lock code. Can you guys help me on this atleast so i could unlock the MMC card.

41761[/snapback]

Did you by any chance locked your MMC from your previous Nokia 6255. There is a feature to lock your MMC from your Nokia phone. Other wise you can not lock the MMC from the card it self.

41761[/snapback]

Did you by any chance locked your MMC from your previous Nokia 6255. There is a feature to lock your MMC from your Nokia phone. Other wise you can not lock the MMC from the card it self.

41775[/snapback]

i can't recall that thanks to the grey cells in my tiny brain. anyhow have found an alternative will try from home as i don't have the freakin bluettooth usb dongle. will keep you guys posted.

Anyhow thanks to the nokia customer care my phone is up finally :'( they told i have to dial *228 to make the fone activated. it actually downloaded a programmed file (aka NAM).

Hey liquidnitrogen ... ur profile still shows :

Group: Members

Member No.: 5875

Handset: Not a RIM user <- mate u are cribbing about RIM service, comeon ... update this and show the world that u are a power user of a 6255.

That means you are using 32 MB card. Well then it's OK, Time to buy a new Card with more Memory and please be careful now.