Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
RajanPERT

Nokia 2112 Review

Well guys I'm planning to move from my n191 to nokia 2112.

Is it possible to transfer poly ringtones to the phone via data cable. and if yes which data cable (model no. etc) should be used.

Will the data cable for rconnect do the needfull?

Is it possible to transfer poly ringtones to the phone via data cable. and if yes which data cable (model no. etc) should be used.

i wanted to know one thing though----can i buy 2112 from nokia n then put a garuda connection in it?

Bo its not possible.. since Reliance operates on CDMA 1X and Garuda operates on CDMA 2000.. So u cant clone tht i believe..

cheers!!

ya its illegal...........but its being done openly in grey market everywhere

Nope its Legal.. using a service of your own handset choice is not illegal.. Cloning of handsets is illegal.. I think you r confused..?? Is it..??

cheers!!

You can use DKU-5 cable and mobilemedia browser for transfer ringtone from pc directly.

mods pl. move if this is posted in wrong thread.

nokia 2112 prices has gone up . i went to purchase today .

;) NO I m not confused, i used to have a Nokia 2280, and i asked the reliance customer care if i can convert my service provider frm Reliance to Garuda.The ppl there said that its illegal, and then i formatted the cell memory completely.After doing that i contacted the Nokia care ppl and asked me wht i shud do, they said we will try to restore the reliance services coz using softwares frm other providers viz. MTNL or TATA wud b illegal.......Wot say guys?

But i do agree that although RIM s**ks in some aspects, since i wud always vouch for it always

Hi

Iam new 2 RIM.Recently i got my Nokia 2112.I find 2 shortcuts.1> to connect R-World press and hold "0" key.2>lifetimer-press and hold "#" key for few seconds.And iam interestd in progromming.I will be happy to know SPC code for my Nokia 2112.

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

I had a few questions about Nokia 2112

1. Can we download Games and Ringtones on this handset by cable or sms?

2. Is there composer in the handset?

3. Is sms to e-mail option available in this handset?

4. Is Mobile internet (using Minibrowser) possible in this handset (like in earlier Nokia 2280)?

Thanks in advance. (I apologize if its already given somewhere here, but I couldn't find it.)

Shubhro

Hi,

@1--dunno abot Games but Ringtones can be uploaded thru MobiMedia Posted in the Forum long ago.

@2--Nope, is not there.

@3--yaa its there.

@4--Many members are still trying to get that thing work. Hope succeed. ;)

I am also having nokia 2112 and have tried several times to connect the net using it but my computer does not detects the phone. Please brief me about the procedure for setting up rconnect and please tell me from where can I get the rconnect software for 2112.

Thanks again for an interesting facts about the nokia 2112.

HI

I uses nokia 2112 very good exprience about it,

R connect very good connects at 230 kb for this you have to change the speed from the modem properties usuallydefault is 114kb

you can store about 90 sms messages

hi , dear

its good to hear that you are using nokia 2112 for rconnect with .

Are you still using it for rconnect ?

if yes please help me bcoz i m looking forward to use nokia 2112 for rconnect with my vista laptop .

i do know which cable is CA 42 or DKU 5 cable for that .

also will it work on vista ultimate .

please guide me with steps & what all things i need for that ?

Thanks

Model :Nokia 2112

Problem : I have reset it on Full Factory setting By Mistake .n my phones network gone it shows searching network and some time after display message no network coverage. any solution for it.

Help Me..

Model :Nokia 2112

Problem : I have reset it on Full Factory setting By Mistake .n my phones network gone it shows searching network and some time after display message no network coverage. any solution for it.

Help Me..

Take it to the nearest Reliance Web World Store.

They will help you for sure.

Don't change your phone.

Nokia 2112 has no equivalent.

i had used a nokia 2112 cdma two yrs back( got it free) and it was the worst handset i ever had ....it never showed me full network even if i was out in open sky ....the worst thing whenver i used to go in a building or sumthing the phone use to loose network ....finally after 8-10 mnths using it the phones speaker went off ....then the display ..then the battery ...finally i threw away the phone itself

i wanted to know one thing though----can i buy 2112 from nokia n then put a garuda connection in it?

ya you can take its cheap and best

The Nokia 2112 allows voice dialling and you can also record your voice for up to three minutes with the memo recorder.The handset also has an integrated speakerphone so you can have a conference with several people at a time. The memo recorder allows up to 180 seconds of recording.This phone also supports voice features such as voice dialling.