Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jpatalia

Use Non Reliance Handsets

hi i am a regular user of gsm for the last 8 years , but have found reliance much cheaper and better. would like to shift completely to this service .

BUt the biggest detterent is the pathetic handsets cdma handsets available in india.(this nokia 6255 is a big dissapointment)

AMAZING hand sets are available in US and was wondering if there is any way those PDA or symbian60 3G handsets could be acivated for use on reliance.

pl enlighten me guys. [/b]

Edited by jpatalia

Not possible ... if u are not planning on playing behind the rules... :) I mean, u sure could try some stuff (illegally) including ESN / SID / NAM / PID etc changed ..... and then registering the MDN.... btw op. freq. might also be reqired to be changed...

PS : The above mentioned note is for informational purposes... and since topics coming close to cloning ... are banned here .... and since I plan to keep my legs firm on rimweb. .. any further queries might be done thro PM / Y! etc.... but mind u guys ... this could be illegal (and I do not endorse it)

They can be made to work. But it takes up a lot of time and tweaking to do so.

As ashok pointed out, this can be done by indulging in illegal stuff like changing ESN / SID/NID / NAM / PRL/PID etc.

I have done it on a handset from Canada but i will not indulge in any further discussion on this topic.( because of forum rules)

or hey .... using one of those read-convert tools. but nothing more from me! I am mum.... want to make me talk ? come to the Rimweb Mumbai Meet 2005, and maybe I will explain what can tick :P a new style of invitation!!

Cheers

Ashok

someone mentioned that he used that us model of LG 6000; dont know who it was but it was there in some thread

someone mentioned that he used that us model of LG 6000; dont know who it was but it was there in some thread

43065[/snapback]

hi

its me , i have loaded reliance in my VX 6000 , you can contact me in my yahoo id praveenreddy80 . as its illegal to mention here

ok

- prawin

hi!

umm, i wonder if the question asked by the topic-starter, mr.jpatalia, is the same as mine...technically speaking, i am quite a geek. i'd like to know if reliance service can be taken on a non-reliance cdma set. can we buy a certain handset from a place like, say, dubai, and get reliance service on it in india for use in india? and if not, then is the same possible on a non-reliance cdma set bought in india? wot about the frequency and all that...duz it need to be changed if the handset is purchased from abroad? and wot is and wot is not illegal? please, i apologise for my utter lack of knowledge in this field...could anyone kindly clarify?

well as of now Reliance, does not support any handsets other than those published on its website or those available at Rel Webworlds. Hence it is termed as illegal. At Rimweb.in, we do not promote any discussions on that front.

Hence refrain from posting on this issue.

Closing Topic