Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Linuxbox

Sms Composer

Hi,

Is there any method or way, by which i can send SMS from my computer using the connected Reliance LG Cordless handset LG LSI 110 (Fixed wireless set). I have got this cordless phone connected to my computer via usb cabel, i am not using rconnect or any internet over it. All i want to do is compose sms from computer and send it via phone.

Can anyone point me out a method do that.

Thanks

Edited by Linuxbox

Till now its not possible!!

Currently I have got a project to develop an SMS Send application (from 2 sources ... one as a college project for a local cargo company, and the same project from one of our own rimweb members.... :) ) so right now I am working on Developing something for this .... trying with different handsets, and logics ... if anything comes out of my trials ... I will post here...

Cheers

Ashok

I will surely wait for it, meanwhile Ashok could you guide me about where to read about basic programing for cdma phones etc. just of inquisitiveness.... Logic is there just need to know the syntax... and method

Contact StaticElectricity .... I am into R&D. or rather Disassembly.

Cheers

Ashok

use the gateway of ri.irisme.net

and u'll b able to send sms to any operator in the world

using any number

even rim

does not work anymore

Cheers

Ashok

On a quick note, i still dont understand why there is such a gap between hardware and software implementation, we have such a good infrastructure available, just need to build up the upper layer that could interact and use this lower layer to build applications that could do wonders in our life...

Sending sms via pc should be a damm easy task, but as of now it looks like seating in paliolithic age and aspiring for PC

well mate... seems that I've got company to use my long vocabulary out here .... considering ur question, about the big gap between software implementation when we already have the hardware infrastructure...

well mate ... as far as I see, the composing of the sms is not a tough task, but hey... where are u gonna initate a "SEND" when the trigger is blocked by the hardcoded software (rather read as the firmware?)

AT+MSGS and AT+CMSMGS are said to extended AT commands for the MSM series of Qualcomm chipsets, which is used by most of the Handsets available from Reliance (LG / Samsung) but what works on MD2030 (Chile) and BD2030 (Brazil) do not work on RD2030 (WHY????? coz... reliance has requested a different firmware altogether, where the AT's are blocked, or who knows how many million SMS might be sent by those smart DAPO users every month.)

Well I guess I will show u a demo of compose on PC and Send thro Handset soon... but yesterday night I showed the first Alpha of the program to Vishaal, Arun and a working edition to Static_electricity, who liked the proggy but then, it is still in its beta phase, and quite buggy + not all that user friendly.... Check my post about SCKL codes to be sent thro RD2030.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=4714

Cheers

Ashok

Hi,

Is there any method or way, by which i can send SMS from my computer using the connected Reliance LG Cordless handset LG LSI 110 (Fixed wireless set). I have got this cordless phone connected to my computer via usb cabel, i am not using rconnect or any internet over it. All i want to do is compose sms from computer and send it via phone.

Can anyone point me out a method do that.

Thanks

How about typing on computer and sending to your friends mobile phones?

Following Topic by me is true FREE EMAIL2SMS Solution

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=7090

C. Mahendra