Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
asher

LG RD 5340 Launched !

Dear Rajan one & only software Bitpim latest version ;) .jpg files 128x128,tried non animated only.5340 tree is very simple to understand :)

I Dont hav cellphone now.Handset belongs to my relative.

Edited by amitbt22

well I am successful in transfering & using wallpapers but since i dont know d ringtone format of this phone i am unable to transfer it.Tried .mid & .dat not worked or me.

which data cable do u used and which pc sync software used. plz inform me.

For d answers,

I think U can scroll d page using wheel or middle button pressed of ur mouse. :banned2:

Wall papers of which size u r copying,Because if u copy d regular pc wallpaper (which will hav more fill size) for d mobile wallpaper It will depend on d phones memory also dat how much files will be copied according to it.I copied 10 wallpapers of size 128x128.All worked great.

Guys,

I just upgraded from 2030 to 5340. I am looking for Data cable for this phone. Where i do get Cheap and Best :quest:

I mainly require this to upload my phone book, which i took backup from 2030 using LG desktop.

And also some Bitpim Tweaking to upload pictures and Ringtones.

:o

Hi,

Converter cable of 2230,5130,6130 will work well, & if u want speed go for Direct USB i.e. cable of 6000 or 7230 will work perfectly.

All the Best

i purchases a lg rd5340 but data cable is not available easily.can anybody suggest

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

The image displayed in their site is worthless. Taken a pic with my digiCam from a poster in a shop and uploading the same here.

LG_RD5340.jpg

Hi Utsav,

just seen your butterfly wallpaper on 5340, just wanted to know that have you done this with bitpim and a serial cable or something else. If with bitpim, please tell me which phone have you selected in the software

Because when I tried to connect it with serial cable through bitpim it doesn't recognized it.

Please HEEELPPP

Vishal

i purchases a lg rd5340 but data cable is not available easily.can anybody suggest

<TOPIC MERGED!>

get data cable of 5130, it works also with 5340

Speaker Phone .... very useful while watching R-world videos,, is a key feature missing ... as compared to LG 5130

Otherwise it looks ... esp 50 wallpapers which can be saved. WOW.

And 100 ringtones via R-world is also good.

(LG 5130 has only 3 rworld wallpaper and 3 rworld ringtones only ... which is way too less)

i had tried to download ringtones via R-world...... after downloading it shows

ringtone saved successfully..... but i cant find where the ringtones are saved...

can anyone plz say where it is stored...

Hi naushad,

you have to create a folder 'ringers' manually in the path \brew\shared.Then try to save it will appear in the list.

ajith

Ok ,

here's the way to upload ringtones to Lg 5340

1. Get data cable of 5340/2230 :Uses usb to serial driver , or get cable of 6000 or 7230 ( high speed USB )

2. Use bitpim to explore it's filesystem.

In Brew\shared\ringers folder , add any .mid file ( this set supports only .mid ringtones )

While uploading the .mid file take care to suffix any 3 digit unique number , also the file name should not contain any spaces..

e.g. to upload dus.mid, rename it as dus133.mid , and then upload it to Brew\shared\ringers folder

Restart ur cell, the tone will play smoothly..

Anyone knows how to upload wallpapers ?

Ok ,

1. Get data cable of 5340/2230 :Uses usb to serial driver , or get cable of 6000 or 7230 ( high speed USB )

In Brew\shared\ringers folder , add any .mid file ( this set supports only .mid ringtones )

While uploading the .mid file take care to suffix any 3 digit unique number , also the file name should not contain any spaces..

e.g. to upload dus.mid, rename it as dus133.mid , and then upload it to Brew\shared\ringers folder

Same is the procedure for uploading wallpapers, the only difference is you put wallpapers in the directory 'brew/shared/wallpaper'.

It should be a jpg file of size 128X128.

I have uploaded 45 wallpapers. each one is working fine.

Regards

Vishal

<TOPIC MERGED!>

get data cable of 5130, it works also with 5340

I am using LG5340 currently and have recently purchased a Datacable of LG 5130 . But my laptop detecting my data cable . Can any on tell me how to install the driver / Modem Software.

Try www.ebay.in to purchace data cables for this phone. I usually get my stuff frm there.. u get products at good rates (u hav 2 search good listing in that case)

Cheers!!

Edited by vmsanghrajka

Thanks vishal for the help.. I'll upload many wallapapers now to my cell...

Can u please tell whether the data cable of the cell can be used for any other purpose apart from:

1. Ringtone

2.Wallpapers

3.R-Connect

I'm not sure whether the set can run .jar files, if yes , how can i upload it ( to which folder) , and can jar be converted to brew application , if the set can't run it..

Also no brew application is available for free download , have u uploaded any brew APP to your cell.. please tell the download link..

Thanks again...

Dear Rajan one & only software Bitpim latest version :angry: .jpg files 128x128,tried non animated only.5340 tree is very simple to understand :(

BitPim does not have 5340 in the list.I dont know how it works becuase in my case it did not.I tried various other number but this software does not detect 5340 at all.

Dear Rajan one & only software Bitpim latest version :angry: .jpg files 128x128,tried non animated only.5340 tree is very simple to understand :(

BitPim does not have 5340 in the list.I dont know how it works becuase in my case it did not.I tried various other number but this software does not detect 5340 at all.

Don't try to detect the phone in bitpim, just open the file system of the phone in bitpim and it will show you the directory. From there you can go to /brew/shared/ringtone or /brew/shared/wallpaper to upload them

CHOW happy tweaking

Vishal

Dear Rajan one & only software Bitpim latest version :P .jpg files 128x128,tried non animated only.5340 tree is very simple to understand :rolleyes:

Hi,

Bitpim will not detect 5340.

Do the following.

Enable filesystem view.

Click filsystem tab ,

Then expand to find ringtone and wall paper folders.

Copy your ring tones or wallpapers to the folders.

Enjoy.

Ajith.S

Ok ,

:clap: I successfully tried uploading wallpapers of 128x128 size.. But the same didnt happen for ringtones.. i uploaded "Airtel001.mid" file.. The tone didnt play at all although it was showing in the list.. Any help??? :clap: Edited by vivek kalkur

Is LG5340 available in the market now?

Ok ,

:( I successfully tried uploading wallpapers of 128x128 size.. But the same didnt happen for ringtones.. i uploaded "Airtel001.mid" file.. The tone didnt play at all although it was showing in the list.. Any help??? :P

rename the file airtel001.mid to airtel130.mid and than upload but be sure other file does not have the same suffix i.e. 130

I am sure it will work.

If you get success than don't forget to say thanx :D

Vishal