Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mainak_ch

RUIM Slot in Nokia 6235

Hi all

Recently I bought a Nokia 6235, and found a slot below the battery for some kind of card. Anyboy know what it is for?

I have a few other Nokia cdma phones also (6255 and 3125), and found the same thing.

Also, the "connect to the internet" tab in Nokia PC suite does not work, but you can connect the intenet by creatining separate network connection.

Any sugegstions will be helpful.

- Mainak

It is slot for GSM Sim card. When you insert a GSM Sim card it becomes a GSM phone. Now that depends which sevice you use AirTel, Idea or Hutch/Orange. Voila........

Just kidding friend, It is actually a slot for future enhancement, DO NOT USE GSM SIM IN IT.

not quite sure ... but it could in all possiblity be the slot for mini-memory card.

i have a Nokia 3125 and I wud really want to know more abt this slot....

Plz any one...

This slot is for RUIM will work when offered by TATA.

This slot is for RUIM will work when offered by TATA.

47439[/snapback]

Thaks sourav for the information. Does that mean i can shift network to tata.

Technically - Yes.

Legally - maybe. If you can manage to get the ESN of your mobile erased from Reliance network, get the phone flashed for removing Reliance software (Read R-world) get it loaded for TATA from nokia, and then manage to get your ESN registered in TATA database. Easy. :)

is it legal????

I think not, then why u distribute this info here or decribing this process? As i know forums guidelines don't allow this.

Thanks and Take Care!

Hey this is just an info by puneet that it can be done. No breaking of forum rules here. It is not discussing about ESN is offensive but Discussing about how to pirate the phone is offensive, Distributing softwares related to ESN piracy etc is offensive :(

Yeah .... like telling Voldemort about horcruxes is not bad.

But telling him how to make them is bad.

------ If you didn't understand, what I said above, probably you don't need to. But just to tell you: Voldemort could convert your Nokia 6235 in a pineapple. Beware.

ONE CLARIFICATION : In the case of RUIM based mobiles, the ESN (or as Rim puts on its servers the RSN is stored on the RUIM Card) I got this confirmed because, when I took my Telson, for three days the HCC did not work, even after repeated complaints and letters to the Chairmans office.

What had happened was that I had told them the RSN of the handset, and not of the RUIM card. So they had registered my handsets RSN on the network and not of the card, hence I could not activate the handset, till someone from the chairmans office called and noted my RUIM's RSN number.

Later to cross check I tried to use a TATA indicom RUIM in the handset. and mates it does work (except for the fact that the handset is still registerd on reliance... which means I can still dial *369 / *333 and talk to the customer care of rim.).

So There is nothing illegal about it. Once u have bought the handset, and if u are on a prepaid connection, it is upto u as to how u use the handset (Or rather change it).

Cheers

Ashok

Yeah .... like telling Voldemort about horcruxes is not bad.

But telling him how to make them is bad.

------ If you didn't understand, what I said above, probably you don't need to. But just to tell you: Voldemort could convert your Nokia 6235 in a pineapple. Beware.

47694[/snapback]

Transferrring ESN -- Horcruxes. Nice analogy.

But, the method I described above is perfectly legal. The handset belongs to the customer legally, but it has proprietry software loaded onto it. Reliance cannot disallow the use of the handset on another network, but it can always disallow the use of its software. That is why I said, go to the Nokia CC, get your handset flashed for TATA, and then get the ESN registered in TATA. Simple.

I do not think I have even touched the boundary of the banned discussions in the above method. As the customer is neither changing not tampering with his handset, he is getting it done by the authorized personal and Nokia and TATA CC, which would be perfectly legal.

U are right! But i m not against any one. It may possible that I did not read it carefully. U want to say that first deactivate ur phone from reliance network, buy meet RCC, Flashed it firmware, to remove the R World from it, by meet NOKIA CC, and finally activate it with TATA.

Here u describe the logical process, what to done. Only not specify, how to done. I only read ESN and so all thing go this way.

NO Hardfeelings, Thanks for clarification!

KEEP POSTING ar RIMWEB!

Thanks and Take Care!

Ashok yaar, can you help me out with a problem.

I have a nokia 2112 and it has a place for the sim card holder, but it is empty.

I contacted a service center and they told me that they can install a new sim card holder for 200 bucks.

My question is, if I get the card holder installed, and then I insert a tata ruim, will I be able to use tata indicom's service ?

Pls help me out yaar.

Thanks

Actually, it was Ashok's post that got me thinking. But he also mentioned something about registering the rsn of the phone too.

I am a newbie and too confused !

That's why I want a confirmation before I take the plunge.

I just want to be sure that by trying this my rim connection will keep working fine, in case tata doesn't work out !

post #2

Well, I am a bit hasty, so I got the sim plate installed.

But, my phone still logs on to the reliance network.

I tried dialling 12527 ( tata's cc number) but I get a message that pls check the number you have dialled.

Ashok, pls help me out yaar.

Now that I have a ruim slot, how can I use tata services ?

post #3

Can any of the more experienced members help me out with this question?

Message from AshokSoft :

Mate please do not continiously post one post after another, there is a button called edit below ur post to add more content.... but if someone has already responded to ur post, please feel free to make the next post.

as far as nokia handsets go ... u will need a flash R-17, contact the chap who got the slot installed to get a R-17 RUIM read flashed.

once that is done, if ur phone latches on to Reliance using a Reliance RUIM, it will work perfect with a tata one too!

Cheers

Ashok

ONE CLARIFICATION : In the case of RUIM based mobiles, the ESN (or as Rim puts on its servers the RSN is stored on the RUIM Card) I got this confirmed because, when I took my Telson, for three days the HCC did not work, even after repeated complaints and letters to the Chairmans office.

What had happened was that I had told them the RSN of the handset, and not of the RUIM card. So they had registered my handsets RSN on the network and not of the card, hence I could not activate the handset, till someone from the chairmans office called and noted my RUIM's RSN number.

Later to cross check I tried to use a TATA indicom RUIM in the handset. and mates it does work (except for the fact that the handset is still registerd on reliance... which means I can still dial *369 / *333 and talk to the customer care of rim.).

So There is nothing illegal about it. Once u have bought the handset, and if u are on a prepaid connection, it is upto u as to how u use the handset (Or rather change it).

Hi

Ashok

Does this impliment that if i have a R-UIM enabled handset i can swap the Card from any Serviece provider (Reliance / Tata) and use the servieces accordingly

but since the phone esn would reflect to the provider from whome it was taken ?