Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ravihpa

Should I Get The Platinum Plan ?

Hi guys,

I live in Ulhasnagar (Nearby Kalyan - kinda like a suburb of Mumbai) and am having Tata Indicomm Broadband internet but its been giving me trouble for more than 3 months now. It just won't let me log in and throws me out every now and then and won't let me log in for another 3 to 4 hours. Tata Indicomm people havent' been able to do anything about it as yet....so am thinking of DUMPING TATA BROADBAND :grin:

Reliance BroadBand hasn't reached Ulhasnagar City as of now so am thinking of buying LG wireless landline phone and taking up the Platinum Plan for unlimited download internet connection for 1500 rupees per month.

Picture of the LG phone.

handset_lg.gif

I checked out the prices at the local webworld and they stated the price of that LG phone to be Rs. 1800 (thats what I have to pay initially for getting the connection) and the price of the official data cable of that phone, they told me would cost only Rs. 150.

Do you guys think its worth it ??? What speeds will I be getting ??? I use P2P applications extensively and use Bittorrent TOO MUCH. Previously I used to get 6 to 8 kbps on Tata broadband and my download usage per month would exceed more than 20 GB :clap:

Now what I wanna know is...

1. What speeds will I be getting ???

2. Will it be fine to keep this phone running 24/7 ??? or at least OVERNIGHT for downloading using BitComet (bittorent client) ??

3. Should I get this phone or should I get a mobile or something ???

4. I browsed through these forums and came to know that R connect speeds are good with Samsung 191 phone. Am sure I'll be able to bag one second hand :cheer: So even if I get that phone, will it be okay for me to keep this phone ON 24/7 DOWNLOADING STUFF OFF THE NET ???

Sorry for writing this post this big. Any help in this regards will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in Advance. Desperately waiting for a reply :D

Edit: By the way, my dad has a LG RD2030 mobile phone and I use that as a backup. I get speeds of 6 to 7 kbps on that phone, sometimes even 10 :clap: , but the only problem is that if I leave it idle for even 10 seconds....it would go in DORMANCY. I wanna know....WILL THAT HAPPEN if I get that landline phone or any other mobile phone coz its quite irritating :clap:

Edited by ravihpa

Hi

I have used the LSP340E for about a year now, primarily for dial in connection to the internet.

The speed is okay for a dial in connection, normally i get 8-11 kbps during downloading, during evening and night. The 144kbps speed i think exists only between the phone and the pc. The connection is good, it doesnt get hung up, but i am not sure about 24/7 downloading; the maximum i kept was for 3 hrs, and the coonection never failed. There is no issue with the phone getting dormant.

i hope it helps.

mainak

If you keep it connected 24/7, battery would get adversely affected.

Any rechargeable battery has limited life in terms of recharge cycles.

Li-ion battery has a life of about 500-1000 recharge cycles. Since talktime availaible in cdma is normally of the order of 2-3 hrs max, it means the battery would get charged and discharged about 8-12 times a day or 240-360 times a month. Well, with such rigorous usage, your battery won't last more than 2-3 months.

Edited by amtrag

Platinum plan ? That plan has been discontinued ! Check out this topic !

Regarding the battery drain while using R-connect, you can keep it on the charger while using (if its a desktop charger like that of the LG RD2030) or you could use a data cable that charges simultaneously. For FWPs also, I belive you can charge while using.

Do you guys think its worth it ???

Yes, it will good than tata?

Do you guys think its worth it ???

What speeds will I be getting ???  I use P2P applications extensively and use Bittorrent TOO MUCH.

Speed will about 4kbps to 6kbps for downloading and 35 to 40 for browsing. But from some time it getting ptoblem. Not good for large downloading.

Will it be fine to keep this phone running 24/7 ??? or at least OVERNIGHT for downloading using BitComet (bittorent client) ??

There is no problem?

Should I get this phone or should I get a mobile or something ???

In my thought, u should have to purchase mobiles like 191, 2112 or 5130 or 6130. Because speed in mobile is too good than fwp. U can also try Data Card, nut they are very costly about 10000 bucks. But here u can get platinum plan as well.

will it be okay for me to keep this phone ON 24/7 DOWNLOADING STUFF OFF THE NET ???

If u are a great downloader, please try data card. BTW we never check a phone for so long time.

WILL THAT HAPPEN if I get that landline phone or any other mobile phone coz its quite irritating :good:

All phones have somewhat dormancy problem. But it solved by RIMWEB by deepu;s Ping application.

Thanks and Take Care!

PS: If u want platinum plan, u have to purchase data card. This card is good for hevy downloader like u.

Well, I don't think I can spend 10,000 bucks on a data card. I want the cheapest option available, which is buying that Fixed Wireless Phone @ 1800 bucks. Even buying a mobile phone is proving costly to me.

By the way Arun, I called up *333 (Reliance helpline in Mumbai) and they told me the Platinum Plan IS AVAILABLE AND HAS NOT BEEN DISCONTINUED.

Am thinking of getting that phone and taking up Platinum Plan coz Tata people STILL HAVEN'T FIXED MY CONNECTION. My patience is running out :angry:

Thanx for all the help guys. Really appreciate the input. More info is always welcome ;)

Edited by ravihpa

Well, I don't think I can spend 10,000 bucks on a data card.  I want the cheapest option available, which is buying that Fixed Wireless Phone @ 1800 bucks.  Even buying a mobile phone is proving costly to me.

By the way Arun, I called up *333 (Reliance helpline in Mumbai) and they told me the Platinum Plan IS AVAILABLE AND HAS NOT BEEN DISCONTINUED.

Am thinking of getting that phone and taking up Platinum Plan coz Tata people STILL HAVEN'T FIXED MY CONNECTION.  My patience is running out  :angry:

Thanx for all the help guys.  Really appreciate the input.  More info is always welcome :angry:

49329[/snapback]

Platinum Plan IS AVAILABLE for new connection i mean RIM????!!! What a Joke by R Customer Care ;);)

Edited by deadman

Platinum Plan IS AVAILABLE for new connection i mean RIM????!!! What a Joke by R Customer Care  ;)   ;)

49333[/snapback]

I heard from CC guys that exising platinum members can continue using it. But new platinum plan will not be given. :angry:

Its true!

Platinum and other old plans r no longer available for NEW connections, except Sierra Wireless card!

But the existing customers r enjoying old plans (including me) ;)

Its true!

Platinum and other old plans r no longer available for NEW connections, except Sierra Wireless card!

But the existing customers r enjoying old plans (including me) :)

49371[/snapback]

Even Me too :) Lets see how long :unsure:

Platinum Plan IS AVAILABLE for new connection i mean RIM????!!! What a Joke by R Customer Care  :)   :)

49333[/snapback]

Are you guys from Mumbai ??? Am asking coz the guy I talked on customer care in mumbai was PRETTY SURE. I even told him that I heard "rumors" :unsure: about the platinum plan being discontinued. He assured me that the plan is available and that I can apply for it.

Nevertheless, I shall visit the nearest WebWorld and apply for one RIGHT AWAY. Lets see what happens :unsure:

Wish me luck guys :ph34r:

Platinum Plan IS AVAILABLE for new connection i mean RIM????!!! What a Joke by R Customer Care  :)   :)

49333[/snapback]

Are you guys from Mumbai ??? Am asking coz the guy I talked on customer care in mumbai was PRETTY SURE. I even told him that I heard "rumors" :unsure: about the platinum plan being discontinued. He assured me that the plan is available and that I can apply for it.

Nevertheless, I shall visit the nearest WebWorld and apply for one RIGHT AWAY. Lets see what happens :unsure:

Wish me luck guys :unsure:

49383[/snapback]

Ye, Best Of Luck:D.........Don't forget to post updates here :ph34r: